PDA

View Full Version : Datone Jones Signs

pbmax
07-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Let the celecration of Football season commence.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 6m
#Packers have agreed to terms with First round pick Datone Jones. Four years, 7.71 million, 6.25 guaranteed.

Pugger
07-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Good, everyone is here and ready to go tomorrow. :smile:

Smeefers
07-25-2013, 06:52 PM
We have about 4 practices to watch him before he goes down with a 8 week Groindamen injury.

See:
Justin Harrell - Self Explanatory
BJ Raji - Hampered by an ankle injury for the entire season
Clay Mathews - Training Camp Hamstring Injury.
Bryan Bulaga - No Injury in first year
Nick Perry - Busted Wrist and Knee.

4 of the last 5 1st round draft picks have had some sort of injury in their rookie year.

Joemailman
07-25-2013, 08:13 PM
We have about 4 practices to watch him before he goes down with a 8 week Groindamen injury.

See:

4 of the last 5 1st round draft picks have had some sort of injury in their rookie year.

Actually, Bulaga was in competition for the starting LG position until a hip pointer caused him to miss the 3rd (and maybe 4th) preseason game.

pittstang5
07-25-2013, 08:22 PM

See:

Read my mind.

pbmax
07-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Actually, Bulaga was in competition for the starting LG position until a hip pointer caused him to miss the 3rd (and maybe 4th) preseason game.

You are a jinx, you know that?

Smeefers
07-26-2013, 06:24 PM

You know, you're right. And his hip got hurt again last year? Same hip? Shit, is there some place you can actually go to look up past injuries? The closest I got was Wikipedia and jeez-lew-eez, you do not want to go on Clay Mathew's page. I've never seen someone fellated by words before, but man did they get it right.

So that makes it 6 of 6. Might as well go back to Rodgers and make it 7 of 7.

Joemailman
07-26-2013, 08:49 PM
You know, you're right. And his hip got hurt again last year? Same hip? Shit, is there some place you can actually go to look up past injuries? The closest I got was Wikipedia and jeez-lew-eez, you do not want to go on Clay Mathew's page. I've never seen someone fellated by words before, but man did they get it right.

So that makes it 6 of 6. Might as well go back to Rodgers and make it 7 of 7.

Don't remember Rodgers being hurt as a rookie. It was 2006 he broke his foot.

Bretsky
07-27-2013, 06:57 AM
PB....we might FINALLY have a chance to replace what Cullen Jenkins broughto to the table

Smeefers
07-27-2013, 06:58 AM
Don't remember Rodgers being hurt as a rookie. It was 2006 he broke his foot.

You're right, 2006 is when he broke his foot. I thought it was when he was a rook. Regardless, our first rounders do not have a good track record.

pbmax
07-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Jones is getting a lot of early work in nickel. At this point he is replacing Neal and not Wilson or Pickett.

Actually, come to think of it, that would be Jenkins role in 2010.

Bretsky
07-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Jones is getting a lot of early work in nickel. At this point he is replacing Neal and not Wilson or Pickett.

Actually, come to think of it, that would be Jenkins role in 2010.

You mean the only guy who both can get penetration against the double team to make those around him better .....................and........beat the single blocker to be a legit threat to rush the passer........yup.....we need that again

pbmax
07-27-2013, 02:42 PM
You mean the only guy who both can get penetration against the double team to make those around him better .....................and........beat the single blocker to be a legit threat to rush the passer........yup.....we need that again

Penetration against a double team? Hard to do unless someone makes a mistake. Demand a double team? There were times he did in pass rush.

The problem, of course, was whether or not he would be 100% at any give time. I think that is why in 2010 he was not a starter in base despite being the ideal frame for it.