Maybe a chance: Powell
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

ST (3)

Locks: Goode, Masthay
Good bet: Crosby
Maybe A Chance: Tavecchio

Brandon494
07-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Williams is a lock, lets not kid ourselves.

Carolina_Packer
07-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Good list. I'm not sure I understand how you have both backup QB candidates on the bubble. One of them will be the backup, save for them both getting hurt and the Pack needing to quickly find a backup, which is less likely.

Joemailman
07-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Good list. I'm not sure I understand how you have both backup QB candidates on the bubble. One of them will be the backup, save for them both getting hurt and the Pack needing to quickly find a backup, which is less likely.

Maybe On The Bubble was the wrong term to use. One of them will make it. At this point, I see each of them having about an equal chance.

Joemailman
07-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Williams is a lock, lets not kid ourselves.

He'll likely make it. However, his injury and his salary in my opinion make him slightly less than a lock.

HarveyWallbangers
07-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Maybe On The Bubble was the wrong term to use. One of them will make it. At this point, I see each of them having about an equal chance.

One of them is pretty much guaranteed to make the team. Both of them could even, if they both show something. But either could get cut, so I think you were on point.

Upnorth
07-24-2013, 11:34 PM
I think you did a very good job here. It's easy to nitpick but I think your choices of category are solid. I agree that twill is a step down at cb due to injury and cost. Newhouse is a lock as he makes an great backup at the very least. I am leaning towards Sherries only chance as being on the pup.

Guiness
07-25-2013, 12:13 AM
I think 'good bet' is accurate for Newhouse. He's lost his starting position, do they keep him around just to back up LT if he doesn't get the RT job in camp? I think he's pretty inexpensive, so probably, but not a lock. There are things that could happen that would make him expendable.

Two guys I'd downgrade from 'on the bubble' to 'maybe a chance' - Starks and Jolly. I really want to see Jolly do well, but I think realistically he's a long shot to make the squad.

Patler
07-25-2013, 04:07 AM
Good list. Two that I would upgrade to "Good bet" are Quarless and Wilson. Before his injury, Quarless had passed Crabtree as the most effective blocker. That probably makes him the most complete TE of the group. My only hesitancy with him is if the knee for some reason hasn't and won't fully recover. Wilson is a comfort blanket of sorts. Just a solid, reliable player who doesn't hurt you, and one who started to show a little pass rush.

Maxie the Taxi
07-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Good effort, but no #7, the Magic Man II -- Alex Gillette?

Fritz
07-25-2013, 09:04 AM
In a way, I wonder if Sherrod and Newhouse are competing against one another for a spot. Both are tackles, unlike Datko, who has apparently been working at guard this offseason. The team will need a top-flight backup at tackle, but doesn't have room for two if they keep a guy like Datko, who can swing from guard to tackle.

bobblehead
07-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Really...CJ Wilson on the bubble??

Why don't fans respect this guy.

Let me be clear (insert obama hand chop). CJ Wilson can make ANY roster in the NFL.

Joemailman
07-25-2013, 04:47 PM

Let me be clear (insert obama hand chop). CJ Wilson can make ANY roster in the NFL.

Wilson is a solid player. However, if someone could show in the preseason that they can stuff the run while providing more of a pass rush than Wilson, he could be vulnerable to a challenge. Jolly and Boyd would seem to be the prime candidates.

Freak Out
07-25-2013, 04:56 PM
So do they carry more TEs or RBs this year? Gotta be TEs.

bobblehead
07-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Wilson is a solid player. However, if someone could show in the preseason that they can stuff the run while providing more of a pass rush than Wilson, he could be vulnerable to a challenge. Jolly and Boyd would seem to be the prime candidates.

I buy into the kool aid, our DL is incredibly deep with potential, however I stand by what I said. CJ can make any roster in the league for his run stuffing. He will not be cut. I doubt TT would part with him for less than a 3rd, but I also think there is no way in hell we get a 3rd so he will be on the 53. ( I also thought there was no way in hell Alex Smith could draw a 2nd, or Q could be had for a 6th...but TT isn't a hypnotist rapist like Harbaugh.)

red
07-25-2013, 06:34 PM
bush is a lock

lets face it, if that worthless asshole hasn't been cut over the last 4 years for his pathetic play, then we're never going to get rid of him

Fritz
07-26-2013, 07:01 AM
Red, I rarely agree with you, but your posts always make me laugh.

pbmax
07-26-2013, 08:40 AM

I am pbmax and I approve this message.

But do have one question for bobble: Nutz made the point in 2011 that Wilson and Walden together had some culpability for the sieve of the right side run defense that year.

Does Wilson have a weakness that contributed to this, or was it all Walden? If I recall, Nutz point was that Wilson did not continue to engage two blockers for long and the ILBs were not getting clean looks. So the ILBs were picking through O lineman and Walden was mis positioned.

Design of define maybe? Asked only to one gap? That was my theory, as the ILBs then had trouble shedding and Walden did not get an edge set for the ILBs to chase.

Pugger
07-26-2013, 09:51 AM
bush is a lock

lets face it, if that worthless asshole hasn't been cut over the last 4 years for his pathetic play, then we're never going to get rid of him

He doesn't make the team because of his stellar play in the secondary. His ST skills are what keep him employed.