PDA

View Full Version : Packer Rats book club

red
07-27-2013, 08:37 PM
didn't we use to have a thread about books?

i couldn't find that shit, so heres a new thread

anyone else try reading dan browns new book, inferno?

my god is this book long winded and difficult to get through. i can read it for about an hour at a time before my patience runs out and i end up screaming at my nook to "JUST MAKE YOUR FUCKING POINT ALREADY", and throw the damn thing across the room in frustration i mean, i don't fucking care that the 4th brick from the right on the second row from the bottom on the front of some random building he walks by in florence was made in 1423 as apposed to the rest of the bricks that were made in 1424 by slave labor brought in from egypt. it has no fucking baring on the story what so ever

and most of the important dialog between characters is in fucking italian, with no english translations. so i don't even know what people are trying to tell each other

and i won't even get into the fact that the main villain in the early part of the book is clearly a rip off of lisbeth salander.

it feels like a chore trying to get through this. not exactly what i look for in a book these days

anyone else?

Bretsky
07-28-2013, 12:25 PM
when I saw a thread about a Packerrats Book Club I thought for sure a chick has to start that thread :))))

MJZiggy
07-28-2013, 06:03 PM
I haven't read Inferno, thanks for the head's up, but my brother just sent me the second and third 50 Shades books. I'd still like to know why my retired old brother has 50 Shades books... I am deep into the self help and instructional world these days.

MJZiggy
07-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Really, though, shouldn't you be starting book club in, say March when there's no football to speak of?

red
07-28-2013, 06:08 PM
when I saw a thread about a Packerrats Book Club I thought for sure a chick has to start that thread :))))

i know you only like the "reading material" with T&A

just a heads up, the chick in inferno is bald. and not the good kind of bald

red
07-28-2013, 06:10 PM
I haven't read Inferno, thanks for the head's up, but my brother just sent me the second and third 50 Shades books. I'd still like to know why my retired old brother has 50 Shades books... I am deep into the self help and instructional world these days.

i don't need self help books yet. I'm still in the denial stage of life

Really, though, shouldn't you be starting book club in, say March when there's no football to speak of?

it keeps my mind off all the horrible things that happen in training camp (injuries, disappointments, etc)

Freak Out
07-28-2013, 07:51 PM
I read a bunch of non-fiction but have to say I have been sucked into the Game of Thrones series. Book 4 now.....we'll see if it runs out of steam here.
I couldn't make it through a chapter of Dan Browns stuff.....well...that's not true but I couldn't finish the Davinci code. Weak sauce.

George Cumby
07-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Suffered through davinici code. Fucking horrible.

GoT is a solid series. Kind of torqued that there will be seven books and we have to wait so long for the next.

Recommended these before in the other book thread:

Three Day Road

The Terror

wootah
07-29-2013, 08:10 AM
Any of you guys/gals into coaching have some books about this topic they recommend?