PDA

View Full Version : Frazier tells Jennings to STFU

Rastak
07-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Thought it was kind of funny...

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23745550/frazier-jennings-jabs-at-rodgers-enough-already

red
07-27-2013, 10:43 PM
i never in a million years would have thought that GJ would turn into another TO

but he's been starting to head down that road of "hey look at me"

Rastak
07-27-2013, 10:54 PM
i never in a million years would have thought that GJ would turn into another TO

but he's been starting to head down that road of "hey look at me"

That or he had some deep seeded issued Rodgers. Either way, stow it.

Joemailman
07-28-2013, 08:14 AM
It seems Jennings, rightly or wrongly, has often felt underappreciated by his QB's. In 2007, Jennings reacted negatively when Favre got upset that the Packers didn't sign Randy Moss. I don't remember exactly what he said, but there were reports Favre had to mend some fences with him. In early 2010, he wasn't happy that Rodgers wasn't throwing to him much as they tried to go to Finley a lot. (He was right about that). I thought it became pretty obvious last year that he wanted out of Green Bay. Maybe it was a problem with Rodgers. Maybe he wanted a situation where he would be clearly a #1 receiver, and felt it wasn't happening in Green Bay. If so, those feelings probably intensified when he saw Randall Cobb emerge during his long injury absence.

Pugger
07-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Yes, it appears Jennings was more like TO than we previously thought but he hid it most of the time when he played for us. I'm wondering if TT and MM saw this side of him and didn't mind seeing him sign elsewhere.

pbmax
07-28-2013, 08:53 AM
I think the local ESPN Minneapolis writer hit the nail on the head. Essentially he pointed out that Jennings was just poised to overtake Driver as the primary target when Rodgers became the starter. Jennings then had a monster season in 2008. But since then, with other weapons, QB development and injuries, he was never the focus as he was in 2008. The one uptick was after Finley's injury.

That long term and slow paced development cost him a lot of money the last go around.

Its clear he is harboring some hurt feelings over it. That explains the "I am all about my teammates" commentary. Also clear he blames Rodgers for not looking his way enough and that he tried to convince him to do so.

Now Rodgers is not above criticism, he has struggled versus the soft and deep zones since the KC game and has yet to truly figure them out. Jennings might have had some points in his talks with Rodgers.

But the fact that he cannot let it go means this is very personal with him, rather than concern for a teammate.

The article, via Wilde, is here: http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Reusses_Reality_Jennings_rant_based_on_jealousy_eg omania072613

pbmax
07-28-2013, 08:55 AM
I don't think TO or Cris Carter, who were prone to big demonstrations on the field and on the sidelines are a good comparison.

I am struggling to come up with a comparable who went public but maintained a mostly professional game day approach.

Fritz
07-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Are wide receivers the biggest prima donnas on the field?

King Friday
07-28-2013, 10:05 AM
No WR is worth big money. Not a single one. It is always better to overpay for a great QB and have a bunch of mediocre WRs than to throw a bunch of cash at a WR. Slowly, more and more NFL teams are coming around to this viewpoint. A great TE is more valuable to a team than a great WR. WRs are a dime a dozen. There are dozens of very good ones coming out of college every year. Paying $8M+ a year for a WR is just dumbass. Let someone else do it.

Fritz
07-28-2013, 10:06 AM
This is the essence of the Cold, Hard Football Facts' stance on the wide receiver issue.

But what about Calvin Johnson? Is he the exception?

red
07-28-2013, 10:08 AM
No WR is worth big money. Not a single one. It is always better to overpay for a great QB and have a bunch of mediocre WRs than to throw a bunch of cash at a WR. Slowly, more and more NFL teams are coming around to this viewpoint. A great TE is more valuable to a team than a great WR. WRs are a dime a dozen. There are dozens of very good ones coming out of college every year. Paying $8M+ a year for a WR is just dumbass. Let someone else do it.

i would agree with that except for one guy

i think calvin johnson is worth every penny he makes

jennings is trying to put the blame on rodgers for jennings not putting up the big numbers. really jennings has only one guy to blame at thats himself and his inability to stay healthy. him always being hurt opened the door for jordy, jones and cobb to all step up and get into a rhythm with a-rod

the packers offered him a fair deal that was obviously above market value and he rejected it. no one else wanted to give him that much. again he has only himself to blame in that situation

its time jennings quits trying to blame his old QB and his old team and do what his coach says and just STFU. he use to come across as a class guy, now he's just coming across as a petty crybaby douche

Tony Oday
07-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Calvin gets hurt too often. He is a talent but never seems to make it 16 games, no stats looked up to back up my opinion. :)

Tony Oday
07-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Ok nevermind he has missed four games in six years...doesn't it seem like he is hurt a lot though?

Fritz
07-28-2013, 10:16 AM
One thing, though - without a supporting cast, all those Stafford-to-Johnson hookups didn't mean much except for a 4-12 record.

The only knock I can see on Johnson is that he does drop some balls from time to time, often, it seems, TD catches.