PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Jolly - married

Patler
07-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Jolly announced that he got married last Monday to a lady he has known since 2010. Some other comments per GBPG:

Jolly considers himself a changed man and said he loves football, but said he doesn’t need football to continue his rehabilitation from his past struggles.

He said he would likely go back to college if his return to football doesn’t work out.

I sure hope all goes well for him, at GB, with another team or away from the NFL.

Joemailman
07-28-2013, 06:05 PM
I hope the Packers keep him, but if not, I think he'll be in the NFL. He has a hard to duplicate combination of size and speed.

pbmax
07-28-2013, 06:16 PM
He told Applesauce that his wife was good for him "she watches out for me and gets on my ass."

red
07-28-2013, 06:17 PM
just stay away from your old crowd big john

he's officially the guy i'm cheering for in camp this year

George Cumby
07-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Hope the old lady is living with him in GB. That's where he needs to be to succeed. Hoping for comeback player of the year.

cheesner
07-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Met 'her' in 2010 - wasn't he in prison at the time? This one of those cellmate romances? Well, maybe it was a guard.

Patler
07-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Met 'her' in 2010 - wasn't he in prison at the time? This one of those cellmate romances? Well, maybe it was a guard.

No, he didn't go to prison until late 2011.

Pugger
07-29-2013, 01:13 PM
From what I've been hearing he is playing well and turning heads in TC this summer. Some guys need a woman to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Guiness
07-29-2013, 03:11 PM
From what I've been hearing he is playing well and turning heads in TC this summer. Some guys need a woman to keep them on the straight and narrow.

While that may be helping him, JJ never had trouble playing well and turning heads on the field, since the time he showed up in GB. Where he needs her help is to make sure he continues to be allowed to get on the field!

Pugger
07-29-2013, 07:14 PM
While that may be helping him, JJ never had trouble playing well and turning heads on the field, since the time he showed up in GB. Where he needs her help is to make sure he continues to be allowed to get on the field!

Yes, but a lot of us wondered if he could still play after sitting in jail all those months.

mission
07-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Some guys need a woman to keep them on the straight and narrow.

I'd say that's true for some... ;)

Fritz
07-30-2013, 08:59 AM
I sure am rooting for the guy. Of course, mostly for selfish reasons - he was a solid run defender and he could bat down a pass - but I like his humbler attitude. That isn't bad to have in a locker room filled with egos the size of Wisconsin.