PDA

View Full Version : The Hot New Offense

pbmax
07-29-2013, 08:34 AM
The Single Wing.

Read for Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh agreeing that the single-wing would embarrass pro defenses. Also read for the single-wing embarrassing Sean Payton in Pop Warner.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/69548/the-pop-warner-offense-that-confounded-sean-payton-and-what-it-says-about-offensive-innovation-in-the-nfl

swede
07-29-2013, 09:03 AM
What a fun read! The writer is pitch perfect in his take on the matter, and I appreciate that he sees youth football as a unique sport. Youth football is unbelievably fun to coach and participate in because the athletes have developmental limitations that make the game different from its brothers at prep, college and pro levels.

I was part of a coaching staff in a five year dynasty that was broken up when the head coaches were recruited up to the high school level. Good youth football coaches teach kids to be disciplined, to run assignments to perfection, and to smell blood in the water and crush the fearful. #shiver up the spine

It is cool to think that the NFL's best minds can have trouble with the schemes of Joe Youth Football Coach.

Freak Out
07-29-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm just happy that the Orange Porcupines beat the Christian Warriors.

Carolina_Packer
07-29-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm just happy that the Orange Porcupines beat the Christian Warriors.

I lost money on those two games. Lost to the spread both times.

pbmax
07-29-2013, 03:53 PM
I lost money on those two games. Lost to the spread both times.

I'd avoid Pop Warner, its has the worst hangers-on of all.

Sports Parents. :)