PDA

View Full Version : A Wild & Completely Unfounded Prediction

The Shadow
07-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Just a feeling :
Not only will James Starks make the roster, prob. at the expense of Alex Green, he will lead the team in rushing this year - despite the additions of Lacy & Franklin.

red
07-29-2013, 05:59 PM
i'm guessing he will make the team, be the #1 back coming out of TC, get all of us excited

and get injured by week 3

Joemailman
07-29-2013, 06:00 PM
That's some serious Kool-aid you're drinking if you think Starks can stay healthy enough to do that. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I actually think he will be traded on cut-down day.

MadScientist
07-29-2013, 06:07 PM
If he makes the team, it means that the other backs are injured or really suck. So here's hoping he's of the team. I doubt the Packers can trade him on cut-down day, as what team will offer anything for a back that can't make the Packers, given the last few years.

pittstang5
07-29-2013, 06:56 PM
So, Franklin and Lacy are locks, given their draft status, unless one or both end up on IR. Harris? if he can get on the field, I think he makes it based on what he did last year. Harris is a nice change of pace back - slippery, quick, little dude. Lacy being the power, run you over guy. Franklin will be a 3rd down back...to start (hopefully).

Now, what to do with Green and Starks? Trade? TT can try, but I doubt he gets anything for them. Teams will just wait until they are cut and try to sign them then.

packer4life
07-29-2013, 07:17 PM
This is not a wild & completely unfounded prediction.

Starks' name has been everywhere over the first 3 days of camp.

If he is healthy, I can see them keeping Starks over Harris, just because it seems like Frankin is the same exact player as Harris. It doesn't help that Harris is already missing time with a knee.

I still think Green and Starks are our best just based on their abilities and extra year(s) in system.

Have the pack ever kept 5 RBs? Would that be just too ridiculous, even if we cut Kuhn?

denverYooper
07-29-2013, 08:58 PM
This is not a wild & completely unfounded prediction.

Starks' name has been everywhere over the first 3 days of camp.

If he is healthy, I can see them keeping Starks over Harris, just because it seems like Frankin is the same exact player as Harris. It doesn't help that Harris is already missing time with a knee.

I still think Green and Starks are our best just based on their abilities and extra year(s) in system.

Have the pack ever kept 5 RBs? Would that be just too ridiculous, even if we cut Kuhn?

Maybe... though Harris being PUP'd means they can keep him in the pocket and I thought I remember reading that they were giving Lacy a look in some of Kuhn's duties.

Pugger
07-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Yes, Starks' name has been all over but can he stay healthy for an entire season? He hasn't so far in his career, unfortunately.

run pMc
07-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Yes, Starks' name has been all over but can he stay healthy for an entire season? He hasn't so far in his career, unfortunately.

So in theory they could keep Harris on the PUP and bring him back when Starks gets hurt and IR'd? The only question is what to do with Green -- some think he has more trade value than Starks.
TC has a long way to go for this all to play out, and it's hard to get a sense of the RB's in camp practices with the limits on hitting, practices in full pads, etc.

Fritz
07-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Not a bad idea - stuff Harris onto PUP for the moment when Starks gets hurt, then hope that doesn't happen.

The Shadow
07-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Another practice day, another bit closer to my prediction.

red
07-30-2013, 09:48 PM
So, Franklin and Lacy are locks, given their draft status, unless one or both end up on IR. Harris? if he can get on the field, I think he makes it based on what he did last year. Harris is a nice change of pace back - slippery, quick, little dude. Lacy being the power, run you over guy. Franklin will be a 3rd down back...to start (hopefully).

Now, what to do with Green and Starks? Trade? TT can try, but I doubt he gets anything for them. Teams will just wait until they are cut and try to sign them then.

i don't don't know if any running back has decent trade value these days, much less a couple guys who have shown very little in their time in the pros

i don't know if you could get a 6th or even a 7th for either one of those two

Joemailman
07-30-2013, 10:03 PM
I think they'll keep 4 RB's, in part because 2 of the guys they'll be keeping are rookies. Just don't see TT going with just 2 rookies and one of Starks/Green/Harris. The fact that Franklin could be returning kickoffs could factor into that too. I think you have Starks/Green/Harris battling for 2 spots.

packer4life
07-30-2013, 11:25 PM
I think they'll keep 4 RB's, in part because 2 of the guys they'll be keeping are rookies. Just don't see TT going with just 2 rookies and one of Starks/Green/Harris. The fact that Franklin could be returning kickoffs could factor into that too. I think you have Starks/Green/Harris battling for 2 spots.

We have the least emotional ties/investment in Harris. Starks helped win us a SB. Green was highly drafted and still young. Harris better get his butt back to camp and get conditioned quick...time is ticking.

A 6th or 7th rounder is probably the best we will get for Starks/Green. I'd rather keep all 5 and dump one of the following: DJ Williams, Ryan Taylor, or Bostick (favoring Bostick).

pittstang5
07-31-2013, 08:13 AM
We have the least emotional ties/investment in Harris. Starks helped win us a SB. Green was highly drafted and still young. Harris better get his butt back to camp and get conditioned quick...time is ticking.

A 6th or 7th rounder is probably the best we will get for Starks/Green. I'd rather keep all 5 and dump one of the following: DJ Williams, Ryan Taylor, or Bostick (favoring Bostick).

I'd add Kuhn to that list of players to dump too. One of the RBs or a TE could be trained to do what Kuhn does.

Iron Mike
08-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Prediction???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iqLhdInGrk#at=33

The Shadow
09-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Just a feeling :
Not only will James Starks make the roster, prob. at the expense of Alex Green, he will lead the team in rushing this year - despite the additions of Lacy & Franklin.

Just sayin'.

pbmax
09-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Just sayin'.

So far so good Shadow.

packer4life
09-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Respect. Starks ran possessed today. He had unusual burst.

swede
09-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Respect. Starks ran possessed today. He had unusual burst.

Even more than Lacy, when the kid is on his game he can get hit two deep in the backfield and twist for plus three. Atta boy!

Still, get well soon, Eddie. That looked like a three week dinger, though.

run pMc
09-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Hopefully he's back in less than three weeks; Starks might not last that long.

Joemailman
09-15-2013, 09:55 PM
If he sits out next week, it will be 3 weeks until he plays because of the bye week in week 4. I think that's what you'll see.

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Starks had a good game, but I think he has always been pretty good. He needs a crease, he's not good behind the line of scrimmage, waiting for his blockers, picking his way. Just not quick enough for that. He'll never get you anything without some decent blocking, but boy he's good when he gets moving forward. He can really cut.

bobblehead
09-15-2013, 10:29 PM
I give double props to Starks today. He not only ran possessed, but had his backfield mates back. When he dropped his helmet on Merriweather, that was 100% intentional, and he was looking for the chance. The dude was out cold on the canvas and Newhouse came off the sideline to chest bump him, and Finley sprinted over to give props. Everyone on that sideline knew what that was. It was no different than a pitcher plunking a guy in retaliation, and all I can say is:

BIGGER STRONGER TOUGHER !!!!

RashanGary
09-16-2013, 01:46 AM
ive never been a big starks fan, but he had a hell of a game today. looked decisive, strong. glad we kept him now.

pbmax
09-16-2013, 08:07 AM
BIGGER STRONGER TOUGHER !!!!

Healthier?

bobblehead
09-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Healthier?

Don't trifle me with details.

MadtownPacker
09-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Just sayin'.
Proof that if you throw enough shit some will stick.

The Shadow
09-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Proof that if you throw enough shit some will stick.

Exactly right! And most of my shit is horribly wrong. But even a blind pig finds an occasional truffle.
By the way, who overturned the rock & let you out again?

gbgary
09-16-2013, 07:33 PM
it's all about health with him. always thought he was ok...and "ok" is all this o needs.

The Shadow
09-17-2013, 09:58 PM
He seems to be just what the doctor ordered.

George Cumby
09-17-2013, 10:53 PM
When healthy, he's always run hard. Lets hope his health holds.

Joemailman
10-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Mm says Starks will be out a couple more weeks. Boy, sure didn't see this coming. :roll: