PDA

View Full Version : Widespread Panic Thread, sponsored by wist43 and STP

pbmax
07-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Embrace the pessimist within you.

I am not happy Sherrod STILL cannot practice and don't think I have not noticed there is still no timetable.

The D line, no sure thing itself, is running roughshod over the O line.

Bakhtiari is, by Twitter mentions, outperforming Datko.

Newhouse is still starting. Datko is spending time learning center instead of unseating Newhouse.

WR and CB look a little thin. House came back and then cramped up at the end of practice.

Fritz
07-30-2013, 06:48 PM
All this crosstraining of o-linemen messes them up, I say.

Joemailman
07-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Lacy looks bigger than Bakhtiari

mission
07-30-2013, 09:03 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/WidespreadPanicALG.jpg

pbmax
07-31-2013, 12:17 AM
Just who is poisoning Packer football players every camp with bacterial infections? Causing nausea, vomiting and weight loss.

Its the Russians, isn't it? Or maybe a trained Bears fan.

House Talks Illness, Weight Loss (http://www.packersnews.com/videonetwork/2575447784001)

pbmax
07-31-2013, 12:20 AM
A word from one of our sponsors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wsg-C9-gmY

Cheesehead Craig
07-31-2013, 10:06 AM
There's been no talk of how awesome Rodgers has been this camp. Obviously they are hiding something and he's hit the wall.

swede
07-31-2013, 10:11 AM
There's been no talk of how awesome Rodgers has been this camp. Obviously they are hiding something and he's hit the wall.

He missed the net on a fade from 40 yards out, bouncing the football off the rim. All is lost!

red
07-31-2013, 11:13 AM
crosby's still missing 50+ yarders

Fritz
07-31-2013, 06:30 PM
The injuries, the injuries, the injuries. Does it ever stop?

Lions having a nearly free-from-injury camp so far. Sounds like Minny, too.

denverYooper
07-31-2013, 09:13 PM

wist43
08-01-2013, 08:11 AM
See what I'm up against??

The only one of you willing to negotiate in good faith is max!!!

How can a truce be hammered out between reality (my side), and the acid-popping, prozac addicted, running the in streets naked b/c they're so happy nimrods (the homers - which is most of you) - when you guys only want to argue about the shape of the table??

I sense a trap here :butt:

Upnorth
08-01-2013, 08:19 AM

How can a truce be hammered out between reality (my side), and the acid-popping, prozac addicted, running the in streets naked b/c they're so happy nimrods (the homers - which is most of you) - when you guys only want to argue about the shape of the table??

Ignore the wires and come sit down on this chair labeled TNT while I step out to get us a beer. Be right back...

Seriously I worry about the great oline experiment giving up more sacks and our ilb's remaining a handicap.
Based on recent history i'm with Fritz on the predictio of 'injuries, injuries, injuries '

pbmax
08-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Ignore the wires and come sit down on this chair labeled TNT while I step out to get us a beer. Be right back...
'

And all those empty boxes labeled ACME.

3irty1
08-01-2013, 09:03 AM
At this point I never feel good about any management decisions made about the Oline because McCarthy constantly gets it wrong to start the year and sticks to his guns for 8 or 9 weeks. See Spitz over Wells at center, Barbre at RT, Colledge then Tauscher over Bulaga, and Saturday over EDS for examples of what I'm talking about.

This years O-line is scaring me. And the injuries are such unbelievable bullshit.

wist43
08-01-2013, 09:25 AM

Seriously I worry about the great oline experiment giving up more sacks and our ilb's remaining a handicap.
Based on recent history i'm with Fritz on the predictio of 'injuries, injuries, injuries '

I read where TT says their strength and depth at ILB is why they were able to let Bishop go - WTF is he looking at?? Seriously, that's delusional. Without knowing anything about any other teams ILB's, I can't imagine that there aren't 31 other teams that have more talent at the ILB position.

We're complete junk at ILB, and Ted thinks we're aces... if he thinks we're just fine at ILB, he also thinks we're just fine at Def. Coord. We're going to have the same problems this year, that we've had the last 2 years.

Datone Jones is not a cure-all. We haven't been able to stop the run the last 2 years, and TT did nothing to address that. Jones is destined for the HOF after 6-7 practices... but he'll only ever be on the field with 1 other DL most of the time, and he'll be lined up inside where he'll be dealt with by 3 Interior OL, i.e., Capers will find the best way to negate any impact he could have.

The OL circus is in full McCarthy mode... AJ Hawk will be given a look at Right Tackle. He can't be any worse there than he is at ILB ;)

Upnorth
08-01-2013, 09:39 AM
I read where TT says their strength and depth at ILB is why they were able to let Bishop go - WTF is he looking at?? Seriously, that's delusional. Without knowing anything about any other teams ILB's, I can't imagine that there aren't 31 other teams that have more talent at the ILB position.

We're complete junk at ILB, and Ted thinks we're aces... if he thinks we're just fine at ILB, he also thinks we're just fine at Def. Coord. We're going to have the same problems this year, that we've had the last 2 years.

Datone Jones is not a cure-all. We haven't been able to stop the run the last 2 years, and TT did nothing to address that. Jones is destined for the HOF after 6-7 practices... but he'll only ever be on the field with 1 other DL most of the time, and he'll be lined up inside where he'll be dealt with by 3 Interior OL, i.e., Capers will find the best way to negate any impact he could have.

The OL circus is in full McCarthy mode... AJ Hawk will be given a look at Right Tackle. He can't be any worse there than he is at ILB ;)

Re the bishop let go comment I thought was a favor to help him get a job. And I'm going to disagree on your 31 teams, only 30 are better!

Hawk usually stops some one three yards after contact so if you move the pocket 3.5 yards from him he might be a HOF pass blocker.

wist43
08-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Re the bishop let go comment I thought was a favor to help him get a job. And I'm going to disagree on your 31 teams, only 30 are better!

Hawk usually stops some one three yards after contact so if you move the pocket 3.5 yards from him he might be a HOF pass blocker.

Okay, I'll agree with that logic - on to the SB!!

:glug:

3irty1
08-01-2013, 10:02 AM

I have a hard time getting my undies in a bundle over that group because they're so unknown and a good DL can make them look like stars. I'm more concerned again about OLB. It'd be nice to hear about Perry schooling our shitty OL the way Jolly, Jones, and that UDFA Mumbala character are. Neal is sort of moved there but seems like a turd. An injury or two and that group is garbage again.

Fritz
08-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Isn't the offensive line always the last thing to get sorted out?

But why does it take Green Bay until game ten to do so every year? At least it seems that way.

Upnorth
08-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Rodgers passer rating is through the roof against the blitz, make every play feel like a blitz and we win, hence the poor oline. Simple logic guys.

wist43
08-01-2013, 09:35 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/218022011.html

Capers is just delusional - I know TT won't fire him mid-season, but hopefully he'll be gone about 2.3 nanoseconds after we get pounded by one of the more physical teams in the NFC to end our season.

Mr. Spraypaintedhair has to go.

mraynrand
08-02-2013, 04:27 AM

Good use of nimrod

http://cb.pbsstatic.com/l/22/5822/9780671655822.jpg

P.S.: RIP Charles Sheffield

Maxie the Taxi
08-02-2013, 07:45 AM
The only area I'm not pessimistic about is our punting. Even our kick offs suck.

Bretsky
08-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Wist speaks many truths that turn out being right four to six months after he makes his points

I've never quite bought into the Dom Capers is the devil theory though; I think our level of talent has depreciated since the Super Bowl and he's been dealt some bad decks as our draft picks have not replaced the players lost via free agency and injury well enough. Hopefully that will change soon.....

MadScientist
08-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Isn't the offensive line always the last thing to get sorted out?

But why does it take Green Bay until game ten to do so every year? At least it seems that way.

Because James Campen sucks donkey balls as OL coach. What are in those pictures he has of MM?

pbmax
08-02-2013, 10:01 AM
The only area I'm not pessimistic about is our punting. Even our kick offs suck.

Starting QB?

Maxie the Taxi
08-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Starting QB?

OK, but I did hear a rumor that Alex Smith is better. :grin:

Pugger
08-02-2013, 10:25 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/218022011.html

Capers is just delusional - I know TT won't fire him mid-season, but hopefully he'll be gone about 2.3 nanoseconds after we get pounded by one of the more physical teams in the NFC to end our season.

Mr. Spraypaintedhair has to go.

TT doesn't hire and fire assistants. If we keep Capers its McCarthy who should receive your wrath and not TT.

Freak Out
08-02-2013, 01:24 PM
The sky is falling fast on this team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/02/drops-could-become-an-issue-for-randall-cobb/

wist43
08-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Personnel-wise I think we could be OK - not great, but okay.

I really do see our ILB's as being junk - the last big play any of our ILB's made was over 2 years ago by Bishop in the SB.

I like House, I like Perry, I like Jones, I like McMillian, I like Raji, I like Pickett, I like Hayward, Shields, and Burnett. So there's a decent amount of talent to like about our defense. There are a few very difficult to overcome problems though - only 1 2-gap DL on the roster, no talent at ILB, and poor tackling in the back end. There are problems at all 3 levels of our defense.

If we had a decent DC, he would be finding ways to deal with those short comings - instead, he not only doesn't deal with them, he and TT refuse to acknowledge they even exist. As a result, not only does Mr. Spraypaintedhair fail to address the problems, he makes them all worse.

My biggest beef is how he deals with the DL and the front seven (six or five really) - we can't stop the run, and we get pushed around pretty easily, so Mr. Spraypaintedhair says, "Defensive Linemen?? We don't need no stinking Defensive Linemen!!!".

By his reckoning, in a running situation, against a running team - we really only need 1 DL... brilliant!!! And of course on the infamous "catch the defender TD", Mr. Dunderhead had only 1 DL on the field again. The man simply cannot help himself - he wants as few DL on the field as possible, it's in his nature.

You guys are all excited about Jones - but what are the odds that he's on the field with anyone else where the offense has to account for anyone other than Matthews??

Account for Matthews, account for Jones - game, set, match. And truthfully, if you watch Capers in the booth when the cameras are on him - he couldn't care less. He literally has a "let's try this, and let's try this" approach to play calling.

Get rid of Capers, and maybe we could be on to something, but until he's gone, we're going to have more of the same problems... making that SB run with him as our DC was truly a miracle.

pbmax
08-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Nelson has a banged up knee. Quarless has a quad. Brad Jones has a finger.

George Cumby
08-02-2013, 11:26 PM

Let me clarify something for you, you nattering nabob.

I, for one, do NOT run around naked.

I drive my golf cart around.

Naked.

With a green "G" painted on my chest.

And a tinfoil hat.

MadScientist
08-03-2013, 02:49 AM

Nelson's knee is not new. It is a continuation of the injury he had against the Vikings. Sounds like something was damaged and he didn't take care of it. I'm guessing that it will either be a surgery to clean things up (miss the first 2 regular season games) or it will be with him all year and rob him of his deceptive speed.

Smeefers
08-03-2013, 12:43 PM

I heard from a guy down the street that brad jones picked up that finger down in El Paso. They cut it off the corpse of a woman who broke that finger 10 times. They gathered 10 shamans decended from the 10 tribes of the ancient aztecs and they performed a some weird ritual with naked people and dancing and fire and all that shit. Now, with that finger, Jones is never going to break another bone in his body.

That's just what I heard anyway.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 12:55 PM
I heard from a guy down the street that brad jones picked up that finger down in El Paso. They cut it off the corpse of a woman who broke that finger 10 times. They gathered 10 shamans decended from the 10 tribes of the ancient aztecs and they performed a some weird ritual with naked people and dancing and fire and all that shit. Now, with that finger, Jones is never going to break another bone in his body.

If it works, Sherrod should go pick one up as well..

Upnorth
08-03-2013, 06:31 PM

Why did no one tell Harrell about this??? Dam media and their cowboy bias

Fritz
08-05-2013, 07:40 AM
On the pessimism front, it looks like Bulaga's gone for the year - again - and Crosby's head is gone, again.

Upnorth
08-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Si I'm starting to panic. Will the knee injury bug extend to fans?

pbmax
08-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Crosby, Nelson, Bulaga, Vince Young. Food poisoning.

This thread is doing better than I imagined, but I don't know how I could be surprised.

denverYooper
08-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Crosby, Nelson, Bulaga, Vince Young. Food poisoning.

This thread is doing better than I imagined, but I don't know how I could be surprised.

Most of these things are sadly a yearly recurrence. You have to wonder if Crosby, Nelson, or Bulaga will be with the team much longer.

Smeefers
08-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Most of these things are sadly a yearly recurrence. You have to wonder if Crosby, Nelson, or Bulaga will be with the team much longer.

Uh, yes. They will. Except Crosby, I think we've seen the end of him, which is a shame because I thought he was going to be a whole lot better than he's been We've seen how well Bulaga plays. You don't cut a guy because he had two unrelated injuries. Especially if you think he's your left tackle. Nelson is true deep threat #1 receiver who's proved that he can play the position. Those guys don't grow on trees. He's not the best one in the league, but he's damn good.

Bretsky
08-05-2013, 09:46 PM

J.A.G.J. has had a finger from me many times