PDA

View Full Version : Nick McDonald - PUP'd then cut

Patler
08-02-2013, 08:50 AM
The Patriots first put McDonald on the PUP list, then yesterday they cut him. He failed his physical at the start of camp, but I never found out why.

Mildly surprising, as he seemed to be gaining favor in NE, had a few starts, played quite a bit, and backed up at least the three interior OL positions.

pbmax
08-02-2013, 10:01 AM
If I ever see Greg Bedard I am going to follow him for a day and yell "What do we want: NFL Coaching, Where do we get it: the Patriots" wherever he goes. If I don't post for a couple of days, you guys will know what delayed me.

Well, that and the probable arrest.

That said, Campen put Barclay at a THIRD position yesterday according to McGinn. He played a couple of snaps at RG. I hope it was a numbers and reps kind of thing.

hoosier
08-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Once every decade or so you see a guy in MLB play all nine positions in one game. The Packers could be the first NFL team to have someone play all five OL positions in a game.

Patler
08-02-2013, 10:47 AM
If I ever see Greg Bedard I am going to follow him for a day and yell "What do we want: NFL Coaching, Where do we get it: the Patriots" wherever he goes. If I don't post for a couple of days, you guys will know what delayed me.

Well, that and the probable arrest.

That said, Campen put Barclay at a THIRD position yesterday according to McGinn. He played a couple of snaps at RG. I hope it was a numbers and reps kind of thing.

Bedard's comment was the first thing that came to my mind, too, when I saw that NE cut McDonald. That was one of the dumber comments from him that I have seen. Of course, I never did care for Bedard very much, which is why his career continues to rise!

pbmax
08-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Bedard's comment was the first thing that came to my mind, too, when I saw that NE cut McDonald. That was one of the dumber comments from him that I have seen. Of course, I never did care for Bedard very much, which is why his career continues to rise!

It makes me wonder if I am too uncritical of his reported pieces. His posted, reported stories are usually well thought out, lucid and revealing. The fact that impromptu comments from him (Packers blog, Twitter, radio) reveal him to be far less sagacious and a poor judge of merit is really alarming in its own way.

Cleft Crusty
08-03-2013, 02:43 AM
It makes me wonder if I am too uncritical of his reported pieces. His posted, reported stories are usually well thought out, lucid and revealing. The fact that impromptu comments from him (Packers blog, Twitter, radio) reveal him to be far less sagacious and a poor judge of merit is really alarming in its own way.

I've had post-game chats with my dog that were better than the Bedard 'chats.'

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:42 AM
I almost wish he was just going through the motions on that stuff, hiding his contempt for lower forms of communication through breezy incoherence.

Odd though, because they when Cliff retired (I think that was when he was hired) they wanted someone to fill up the web blog with content to keep current.