PDA

View Full Version : Official Secret Policeman's 2013 Packer Scrimmage

pbmax
08-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Apparently this is going to be a streaming affair.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Nelson is out for tonight.

Lattimore is out, but Brad Jones and his Voodoo finger is warming up. Quarless not seen warming up yet.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 19s
Usual receiving suspects - Cunningham, Charles Johnson and Kevin Dorsey - also out #Packers

No Hayward as would be expected.

No Moses, no David Fulton.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1m
Mike Daniels is at practice after his fiance gave birth to the couple's second son earlier today #Packers

pbmax
08-03-2013, 06:58 PM
HOF Interlude. Wiilie Wood is at the ceremonies and was greeted by other Packer attendees. He sounded pretty good if a little deliberate. Jim Taylor (I think) looks small and Forrest Gregg looks like he is struggling a bit. He has lost a lot of weight.

Robinson looks healthy as a horse as does Willie Davis.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 4m
More #Packers out: Neal and Worthy

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 4m
#Packers out: Cunningham, Dorsey, Johnson, Harris, Richardson, Hayward, Tramon, Fulton, Moses, Lattimore, Tretter, Sherrod, Quarless, Nelson

Mike Neal is going to sit his way off this team.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:01 PM
OK, here in one place:

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 3m
Players out for Family Night: Cunningham, Dorsey, Johnson, Harris, Richardson, Hayward, Williams, Fulton, Moses, Tretter, Sherrod, Quarless

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 2m
Nelson, Neal, Worthy, Lattimore. That's 16.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Lego Lambeau, Courtesy of the Milwaukee School of Engineering

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Y9QYeyEMPM8/maxresdefault.jpg

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:08 PM
http://bcdownload.gannett.edgesuite.net/appleton/41823004001/201308/3456/41823004001_2581421827001_video-still-for-video-2581433527001.jpg?pubId=41823004001

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:15 PM
The Wendy's adoption awareness campaign kids are wearing purple shirts. I think the check would have been for more than $5,000 if the shirts had been green or even white.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:18 PM
New South End Zone

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQyHuUECQAE825H.jpg

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Dave Robinson trying to stir up trouble in Canton:

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 1m
Dave Robinson: "There was one black woman in Green Bay. I never met her. I know what you're saying, she was probably passing"

That had to go over the heads of everyone under 45.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Dave Robinson thanks family and friends, some of who are looking down on him tonight and ...

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m
Dave Robinson thanks family and friends, some of whom are looking up http://wp.me/p14QSB-9euv

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:32 PM
McCarthy is steamed about something and they haven't even introduced the players

They are introducing Assistant coaches AND the strength and conditioning staff.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:35 PM
We should have sent Red, no one booed Slocum.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Larry Allen HOF Speech:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 5m
Larry Allen on first date with his wife: "She cooked me two chickens, french fries. Baked me a cake. And gave me a 40-ounce."

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Larry Allen said he benched pressed 700 pounds.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:48 PM
WesHod: #Packers KOC team: Burnett, Boykin, Taylor, Francois, Barrington, Crosby, Ross, Manning, DJ Williams, Bush and Hyde. Franklin on KOR

Hyde and Barrington are rookies

Franklin took kickoff but Dougherty says that was the show team and only KOC was the 1st team.

Finley with drop but a bad, late pass from Rodgers.

McMilland at safety, Starks gained 5

pbmax
08-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Starks late chip, Rodgers scramble and finds Cobb for 10

Starks getting first reps with ones

James Jones takes short pass, shrugs off CB (Nixon) and avoids Bush long enough to get first

I think this is #2 D

Lacy falls forward after contact for 3 outside left

Rodgers overthrows DJ Williams. ARog not accurate as normal early that's two wayward passes as announcers ignore it

Rodgers scambled and finds DJ for TD. Datone Jones in coverage in zone blitz

Entire offense goes into stands

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3m
With Nelson out, #Packers go with Starks, DJ Williams, Finley, Jones and Cobb as skill-position players in no-huddle.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m
Bakhtiari now in at right tackle #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 55s
Bakhtiari leveled Nate Palmer in pass pro on the TD. Wrote last night how door seemingly was opened for Bakhtiari to win job.

Lacy was the back in single back shotgun inside the 10 yard line.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 16s
Looks like Jeremy Ross is going to return first punt for No. 1 punt return unit (yes, punt after 1st Team O TD)

Ross needs to learn to call for fair catch

CJ Wilson in #1 D but at LDE, Pickett at nose and Raji at RDE. I THINK that was Eagle Oakie.

Jones and Raji in nickel with Perry at LOLB

Capers blitzing Graham Harrel and Shields recovers to knock ball away. WR had a step

Harrel with scramble where he would have lost his head if he was live (red shirt)

Franklin somehow finds seem and gets first. Nice run and pick of hole. There weren't many gaps

Jolly in at LDE

House with nice tackle on corner of Franklin

McMillan coverage in slot but gives up first down. Easily the best Harrell has ever looked

EDIT: Its apparently Coleman not Harrell with first shot

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 13m
For #Packers, MD Jennings got the "start" at safety with the No. 1 defense ahead of McMillian, who did come in in the sub group in dime.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Shields still tackling like his job depended on it. Got stiff armed but still hung on to foot.

D Jones, I think, immediately into Harrell lap but goes by, Rajhi presses entire rest of pocket into his lap but he steps right and GH completes another throw

Raji still plays too high at times

Alex Green with nice cutback off inside zone I think.

At one point, Newhouse and Bulaga at Tackle for #2 offense. Positive on Newhouse, pretty sure about BB. Though he appears out of game now.

Harrel competes pass to Hines on slant on Shields with the CB all over the WR

EDIT: Its apparently Coleman not Harrell with first shot. So Graham might not have improved.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m
Van Roten in at center. One shaky shotgun snap, then missed blitzing B. Jones.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Daniels and Jolly in nickel

Frankin with outlet pass and GH nearly led him to decapitation from House

Seeing some off coverage but also mixed off and press (Shields in press)

Tavecchio gets FG after wing guy got through so fast he overran the kick. Should have been blocked.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 12m
Mulumba first in at OLB in place of Matthews

OK, so I am not completely insane. Harrell did take over after drive stalled on a 4th down. They reset the down distance and threw Harrell in.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Ross with nice KOR

Sam Barrington just chased down RB (Franklin?) from A gap to sideline for 2 yard gain.

Coleman back in.

Datone Jones with credit for coverage sack from 3 man rush in dime defense

Lacy with the nice burst through line against #1 D

Coleman had Ross wide open on sideline but overthrew

Boykin, Hines and Ross can play WR I believe

Nixon with pick 6 WR (Ross) fell down

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m
Masthay nearly has it blocked and kicks it to the 15. Ryan Taylor comes up limping.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m
The first injury is Ryan Taylor. He just threw his helmet on the ground on the sideline. He's not happy.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 8m
Ross breaks a nice return on the kickoff but Loyce Means has some wheels. Catches him from behind.

Franklin can catch and make a guy miss

Lacy with big hole and big run. Starting O line versus #2 D

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:31 PM
If Coleman can harness arm and get more accurate, no question he can play. Question is whether that is possible after 22.

Lacy is a back we haven't seen since Green when he is in traffic.

Coleman has no conscience and mails an pick to Brandon Smith. One went through someone's hands, but after a promising start, he has gotten a little wild

Coleman started well, missed some throws and threw first pick. At one point was under 50%.

Then:

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m
Coleman throws his best pass of the night on a deep out route to Myles White for a gain of 12.
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5m
And Coleman 3-for-3 for 31 yards since the pick

And after that uptick, he threw his second pick.

Crosby misses 45 yarder

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 6m
Nudge me if you've heard this before. Mason Crosby just hit the right upright on a 48-yard field goal attempt.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 6m
Agree with Spoon: Coleman getting every opportunity to be the No. 2. It's not happening thus far.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 6m
All Coleman, all the time for the #Packers No. 1 offense, apparently.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m
Coleman's had problems coming off first read. Looked like Nixon was eying that one up the whole way.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 6m
Coleman was 3 of 4 for 30 yards and a pick on that last drive. For the night, he is 6 of 11 for 46 yards and 2 interceptions.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 6m
Barclay has muffed a few snaps but the offensive line depth before the starting five is night and day from last year.

Getting called new Sam Shields

Franklin muffed a KOR

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 2m
Kickoff competition. Crosby boots it to 2 with 4.0 hang time. Masthay 5 yards deep with 3.8 hang time. Tavecchio to goal line (4.2 hang time

2nd round of kickoffs: Crosby 8 yards deep (3.8 hang time). Masthay 10 yards deep (4.1). Tavecchio 10 yards deep (3.7).

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Harrell in versus #1 D

B Jones has played entire scrimmage

Alex Green looks OK (health) this year. Nothing too special tonight though

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 58s
More reps for Bakhtiari at RT. It's Newhouse, Van Roten, Barclay, Datko and Bakhtiari left-to-right for #Packers in front of Harrell.

Harrell with nice out or wheel route of 15 yards to Franklin. Then post or in to Walker over middle for 15 more.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 21s
Here's nickel on defense with Datone Jones and Raji rushing from the middle.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Hawk WATTS one from GH on quick throw to outside

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 40s
Datone Jones just beat the tar out of Andrew Datko on a rush and would have clobbered Graham Harrell if play was live.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 17s
Tyrone Walker is doing work on Micah Hyde who has had a strong camp. Beats the rookie corner deep downfield. Pinpoint pass from Harrell.

No contest on arm, Harrell's throws are much more in stride to receiver.

WR screen to White gains 2. Long throw for 2 yards

Pease in backfield, GH audibles

Capers blitzes, GH to Pease and TD running by Palmer and a Lambeau Leap

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:51 PM
I think M3 is right about running game

GH, despite a good start and a second hot streak by Coleman, has won the QB backup competition at least on this night

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 56s
Harrell to Pease for 16-yard TD pass. Harrell 5 of 6 for 70 yards on that drive.

Make Ross the returner NOW!!! OK, it was non-tackling drill versus scrubs

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 1m
For the night, Graham Harrell is 9 of 12 for 88 yards and 1 TD.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 12s
Attendance: 63,047. Family Night record. Previous record 62,701 in 2006.

Crosby good from 40 on right hash

Gillette with nice route and catch on Banjo

Coleman with a 2 minute offense drill

Starks with drop on swing pass

First flag on night

Starks gets screen pass and goes for 20

pbmax
08-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Micah Hyde with a pass interference not called to prevent TD on Coleman rollout

3 incompletions ends 2 minute drill even after back to back penalties

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 36s
On the night Coleman is 9 of 18 for 100 yards and 2 interceptions.

Good Grief. Crosby from right hash has brought back his fade and misses wide right from 37 yards.

Tavecchio makes the 37 harder

Crosby from left hash 47 yards is good

Tav no good from 47

Crosby 53 misses, Tavecchio hits crossbar from 53 and its good

Crosby miss from 37, make from 47, miss from 53. Tavecchio make from 37, miss from 47, make from 53.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 09:13 PM
From other end zone Crosby misses from 33 yards.

Terrible night for Crosby. Tavecchio makes it.

Crosby no good on next kick, Tavecchio makes it

Crosby from 51 is good. Tav makes it too.

1 for 3 in North endzone for Crosby, Tav was 3 for 3

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 36s
Crosby 3-8 total, Tavecchio 6-7 total. That says it all. That's al lfrom here but MM up at podium

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 53s
Crosby was 2 of 6 on field goals and Tavecchio was 5 of 6 (37, 47,53, 33,43, 51)

Maxie the Taxi
08-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Goodbye Crosby.

mission
08-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Happening thread here!

Eddie Lacy is sick! Boom.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Josh Boyd's Dad/Uncle has the best hat on I have ever seen at Lambeau. Looks like he's about to play a set of blues at a club.

Its either that hat or Sitton's hat he wore pregame.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQtuZC7CcAA2ptN.jpg:large

pbmax
08-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Happening thread here!

Eddie Lacy is sick! Boom.

Yeah, it was a little lonesome.

Rookies getting some local TV love, Lacy and Datone.

pbmax
08-03-2013, 09:41 PM
McCarthy Press Conference

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 10m
NO word on Ryan Taylor. The only injury of the night.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m
Mason cRosby ... definitely didn't take a step in the right direction. It will be evaluated. He's definitely got to do better than that.

Coleman First INT a poor throw; second one a jump ball but didn't give WR a chance.

Pleased with way the offense ran ball. "Productive" and backs made "good decisions."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 6m
McCarthy on Harrell: Thought he played very well. Did good job on long drive against 1 defense. Did a lot of good things.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m
McCarthy on Crosby: From fundamental standpoint ... he's got to do better than that. .... "We'll see" if it's Bakhtiari vs. Newhouse at RT

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m
Eddie's definitely picked up the last three or four days, MM said of Lacy. "It's important for guys to take that step."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m
Barclay working primarily at center and RG. Was C and RT to start camp.

I GUESSED HE HAS MOVED AND ITS BACTERIA VERSUS MARSHMELLOW FOR RT

red
08-03-2013, 11:11 PM
thanks for the thread PB, great stuff

stick a fork in mase, he's gone. i thought he would be ok this year after clearing his head. guess that didn't happen

don't know if the other guy is the answer, but it sure as hell isn't crosby anymore

kicking competition...... OVER

pittstang5
08-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Ryan Taylor = curse of having a decent camp.

Who's next?

George Cumby
08-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks PB. Good stuff.

I've been in MC's camp, but its do or die for him now. His head is really fucked up, it seems.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Did anybody in Wisconsin watch this? It used to be shown on the NFL Network, but I don't see it on the schedule. Any observations?

Pugger
08-04-2013, 01:33 AM
The Wendy's adoption awareness campaign kids are wearing purple shirts. I think the check would have been for more than $5,000 if the shirts had been green or even white.

What Einstein decided to have those folks wear PURPLE?? :huh:

pbmax
08-04-2013, 08:27 AM
EDIT: Brandon Smith [g]etting called new Sam Shields.

Whoops, no subject there.

EDIT 2: Original source actually apparently was talking about James Nixon.

pbmax
08-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Harrell over Coleman because Coleman might be Aaron Brooks reincarnated. Ton of arm talent, but doesn't come off first read. He throws the play that is called and that's it. Also tendency to over crank it and toss football to sideline on any outside route. In a game, Franklin on a screen pass would have been injured as he was led into defender.

Harrell looked better than last year, more decisive and showed his arm might be good enough for mid-range throws. But they gave Coleman a TON of snaps.

There are 4 RBs who are better than any single Packer RB last year. Franklin, Lacy, Pease and healthy Starks. Green might be as well but he didn't see as much time with #1 O. The only drawbacks are Starks hands and possibly Frankline in heavy traffic inside.

Jones looks the real deal and Raji looked better.

Sub defenders had a tougher time with #1 and #2 O after #1 defense performed pretty well early

McMillan looked better, he was dime slot CB and he got snaps with 1st team. Did not see or hear much of Burnett.

Yes, its early but Ross, Boykin and Hines look like they can play WR in NFL.

Liked Barrington's pursuit. Palmer got run over on one play. Did not see much of Boyd or Daniels, but Daniels did get snaps in nickel with Jolly and some base with #2 D.

Jolly looked much like his old self, but he did appear to be winded. He needs a couple more weeks of work. But he wasn't obviously deficient.

Shields and House had a good night vs. pass and run, tackling is definitely better early. Saw some off coverage from Sam but also press.

Finley dropped a pass and everyone was on him. But it was another awkward Rodgers-Finley combo. Rodgers had Finley as the shortt outlet on a bootleg and kept waiting for something to break deeper. As he waited, he and Finley kept drifting wider.

He waited for so long that Finley and Rodgers were no more than 5-7 yards apart and Finley was on top of the sideline. When Rodgers threw him the ball, it was behind him and he nowhere else to turn to catch it but to stop and lean away from his momentum to keep from going out of bounds and keep the ball in reach.

I think Rodgers waiting too long and was being greedy. Finley probably cannot get that close to the sideline and has to change his steps or route. Heck, he could have failed to make an adjustment. But what SHOULD have been a five yard competition was a drop. And it wasn't all on the TE.

pbmax
08-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Did anybody in Wisconsin watch this? It used to be shown on the NFL Network, but I don't see it on the schedule. Any observations?

It was streaming online from the Fox affiliates.

gbgary
08-04-2013, 09:16 AM
so no serious injuries?

TravisWilliams23
08-04-2013, 09:25 AM
so no serious injuries?

Aside from Ryan Taylor's leg injury, Mason Crosby's head.:shock:

Pugger
08-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Will it be shown on the NFLN Monday night? I thought I saw that somewhere online this morning...

Pugger
08-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Aside from Ryan Taylor's leg injury, Mason Crosby's head.:shock:

How serious is Taylor's injury? Poor Crosby needs to see a shrink. :-(

TravisWilliams23
08-04-2013, 09:37 AM
How serious is Taylor's injury? Poor Crosby needs to see a shrink. :-(

The only thing I could find was from JSOnline:
"The only injury on the entire team was to Ryan Taylor, who suffered an unspecified leg injury on a punt and limped off."

Patler
08-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Harrell over Coleman because Coleman might be Aaron Brooks reincarnated. Ton of arm talent, but doesn't come off first read. He throws the play that is called and that's it. Also tendency to over crank it and toss football to sideline on any outside route. In a game, Franklin on a screen pass would have been injured as he was led into defender.

Harrell looked better than last year, more decisive and showed his arm might be good enough for mid-range throws. But they gave Coleman a TON of snaps.

I think they will give Coleman every opportunity to beat out Harrell. Harrell is what he is, physically, and they know there will be limitations with him. Coleman might continue to get more snaps than Harrell, so they can decide whether to keep him on the 53 instead of Harrell, or release him with the thought of another year on practice squad, but not worrying if someone else signs him. It might be sort of a make or break year for Coleman and the Packers, in that way.

Jolly looked much like his old self, but he did appear to be winded. He needs a couple more weeks of work. But he wasn't obviously deficient.

Not surprising, in part because he will probably get more work than most 30 year olds would. They will work him like a young FA, but he is an old FA. The problem is they can't go back and look at last years performance like they can with a typical old FA, to see where his performance level is at. I am actually getting a bit hopeful that he can bring something to this team. Most days I have seen at least one positive comment about him in the camp reports. Jolly, Jones, a healthy Perry, a healthy House and a more experienced McMillian could give they defense a different look in 2013.

Finley dropped a pass and everyone was on him. But it was another awkward Rodgers-Finley combo. Rodgers had Finley as the shortt outlet on a bootleg and kept waiting for something to break deeper. As he waited, he and Finley kept drifting wider.

He waited for so long that Finley and Rodgers were no more than 5-7 yards apart and Finley was on top of the sideline. When Rodgers threw him the ball, it was behind him and he nowhere else to turn to catch it but to stop and lean away from his momentum to keep from going out of bounds and keep the ball in reach.

I think Rodgers waiting too long and was being greedy. Finley probably cannot get that close to the sideline and has to change his steps or route. Heck, he could have failed to make an adjustment. But what SHOULD have been a five yard competition was a drop. And it wasn't all on the TE.

It would be interesting to know what Rodgers expected on the play, if he was waiting for Finley to do something different than he did, and if that was why he was delaying. Or maybe just not a good play on Rodgers' part.

Patler
08-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Getting called new Sam Shields

Whoops, no subject there.

EDIT 2: Original source actually apparently was talking about James Nixon.

Will be interesting to watch him. Coaches mentioned him in the off season as a guy who was stepping up. He is a bit bigger than Shields and is said to be faster than Shields.

pbmax
08-04-2013, 10:45 AM
It would be interesting to know what Rodgers expected on the play, if he was waiting for Finley to do something different than he did, and if that was why he was delaying. Or maybe just not a good play on Rodgers' part.

While I am far from certain what Finley should do to extend the play/route option, it seemed pretty clear (at least from the vantage of the play by play camera) that Rodgers was looking downfield. Had he chosen to, he could have had Finley for an uncontested completion from the moment Rodger broke the tackle box and was sprinting right.

But without the all-22 and the play call, as you say, its impossible to be sure. It just seems like those have more moments like that than any two other receivers.

Freak Out
08-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Sometimes you just need to take what is in front of you.

pbmax
08-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Sometimes you just need to take what is in front of you.

I agree. While I appreciate Rodgers aggressiveness, first downs will earn you more shots at the end zone than praying to a 2 man route to break open deep. Finley could have caught it, probably should have. But Rodgers made it more difficult.

Harlan Huckleby
08-04-2013, 12:40 PM
I came here lurking sheepishly last night because there were zero comments anywhere about the scrimmage. I found one man standing on a peach crate, shouting at an empty street through a megaphone.

Lacy looked good, but I am concerned that he has a calf the size of a cantaloupe.

http://www.grapplingguide.com/canteloupe.jpg

Pugger
08-04-2013, 12:52 PM
double post

Pugger
08-04-2013, 12:53 PM
I came here lurking sheepishly last night because there were zero comments anywhere about the scrimmage. I found one man standing on a peach crate, shouting at an empty street through a megaphone.

Lacy looked good, but I am concerned that he has a calf the size of a cantaloupe.

So did Jerome Bettis and I heard he was pretty good. ;-)

Noodle
08-04-2013, 01:04 PM
So did Jerome Bettis and I heard he was pretty good. ;-)

I'm thinking Blue Dog was referring to this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ryan-campbell/cantaloupe-calves-steven-_b_3672005.html

George Cumby
08-04-2013, 04:00 PM

Holy mackerel.

It's good to see you post.

swede
08-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 6m
Nudge me if you've heard this before. Mason Crosby just hit the right upright on a 48-yard field goal attempt.

Does the NFL keep 'Doink!" stats?

Fritz
08-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Well, this has gone from "concern" to "worry." Crosby has managed to put more pressure on himself now. He needs to make kicks in practice, and especially in preseason games, or he'll be looking for work.

hoosier
08-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Lacy looked good, but I am concerned that he has a calf the size of a cantaloupe. [/IMG]

His calves look pretty average to me, why so concerned? Oh, and you if think those are big, you should see his cows.

http://www.allanitaacresminiatures.com/Max.jpg