PDA

View Full Version : Packers Cancel Practice 8/5/13

pbmax
08-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Was supposed to be closed to fans today but open to media.

But they cancelled the session five minutes ago.

Fritz
08-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Was supposed to be closed to fans today but open to media.

But they cancelled the session five minutes ago.

They cancelled practice or cancelled the media's access to practice?

denverYooper
08-05-2013, 09:54 AM
They cancelled practice or cancelled the media's access to practice?

On the first read, I thought it said they cancelled the season.

pbmax
08-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Twitter says they cancelled practice, details are slim.

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 18m
The #Packers just called off practice scheduled for this afternoon. Have had a run of injuries. Next one is 8:20 a.m. Tuesday in pads.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 17m
Certainly canceling practice has to do with their injuries. But I bet they do a walkthrough. Canceling media availability is interesting.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 11m
#Packers current knee injuries: J.Nelson, T. Williams, D. Harris, C. Johnson, D. Fulton, J. Worthy (tear), and now B. Bulaga (reported tear)

Patler
08-05-2013, 10:07 AM
The Nelson injury is troublesome, in that it is said to be a recurrence of what he had last year, whatever that was. Does he have some chronic condition that will be troublesome for the rest of his career, something that just hasn't yet had enough time to heal, or something they were hoping would get better, but hasn't? If it is the last, those things tend to end up taking a long time, or ultimately end up in surgery.

pbmax
08-05-2013, 10:12 AM
My first guess is that they wanted to halt or delay the news cycle next step of reaction to Bulaga's injury and how they plan to adjust.

They then give the players the news, the plan and a walkthrough practice plus a regular practice before restarting the story. Let's the players focus on how they move forward with the press and not the grieving process.

My fervent hope is that this is the day Sherrod passes his conditioning test and rejoins practice Tuesday. But we all know how that will work out.

pbmax
08-05-2013, 10:13 AM
The Nelson injury is troublesome, in that it is said to be a recurrence of what he had last year, whatever that was. Does he have some chronic condition that will be troublesome for the rest of his career, something that just hasn't yet had enough time to heal, or something they were hoping would get better, but hasn't? If it is the last, those things tend to end up taking a long time, or ultimately end up in surgery.

Yes, he missed some time over several games getting past it last year. Its clearly not just a bump in the road.

pbmax
08-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I have always liked Infante more than most Packer fans (he was fine as an OC in Cleveland) and this just makes me laugh.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m
LOL. We could talk to the trainer back then RT @mikefaust: I recall when Pete covered the team Infante once listed all 'injuries' in Latin

pbmax
08-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Fraud! Conspiracy! Malfeasance! Panic!

Paintball?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h
Appears they may be doing a team-building exercise as several followers have suggested.

pbmax
08-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
#Packers team spokesman confirms that practice has been canceled for a team-building function.

Patler
08-05-2013, 03:36 PM
#Packers team spokesman confirms that practice has been canceled for a team-building function.

So, what will it be this year? In past years they've had bowling, paintball, target shooting; what else?

hoosier
08-05-2013, 03:39 PM
#Packers team spokesman confirms that practice has been canceled for a team-REbuilding function.

Fixed.

Pugger
08-05-2013, 04:56 PM
On the first read, I thought it said they cancelled the season.

They might as well should according to some around here.

Pugger
08-05-2013, 04:58 PM

I wonder had Saturday night been a regular season game would Jordy still sit out? :cnf: