PDA

View Full Version : I hate uniformed sports writers/analysts

Patler
08-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Video at GBPG has Wes Hodkiewicz and Vandermause talking about the Bulaga situation and the gamble of starting Bahktieri there. Hodkiewicz said; "The last time the Packers went into a regular season with a rookie left tackle, it was Chad Clifton."

I assume he means as the starter, because there have been several backup rookie LTs. He is wrong about going into the season with a rookie starter at LT. Clifton was not the starter going into the season. Mike Wahle was. Clifton didn't start until a month or more into the season, although he had come in to several games before that to replace Wahle during the game.

As I recall, Tauscher actually became a starter before Clifton did.

ThunderDan
08-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Video at GBPG has Wes Hodkiewicz and Vandermause talking about the Bulaga situation and the gamble of starting Bahktieri there. Hodkiewicz said; "The last time the Packers went into a regular season with a rookie left tackle, it was Chad Clifton."

I assume he means as the starter, because there have been several backup rookie LTs. He is wrong about going into the season with a rookie starter at LT. Clifton was not the starter going into the season. Mike Wahle was. Clifton didn't start until a month or more into the season, although he had come in to several games before that to replace Wahle during the game.

As I recall, Tauscher actually became a starter before Clifton did.

Were they all wearing matching tops with khakis?

King Friday
08-05-2013, 05:50 PM
I actually prefer my sports analysts to be uniformed. Perhaps hand out a few of the vintage MNF jackets. Or make them wear the Packers alternate jerseys. I would love to see Sam Ponder in some spanks.

pbmax
08-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Clifton played in 13 games and started 10.

Tauscher was 16 and 14. Though some of Tauscher's starts might have been at Guard early.

Good call. Also, did you know Clifton's first name is actually Jeffrey?

I sent them a Tweet Patler. Also gave your home address. Hope that was OK. :)

Freak Out
08-05-2013, 06:30 PM
The Mustard Blazers? Is that the uniform we want for those guys? Patler is just to polite to call them ignorant fucks.