PDA

View Full Version : Jordy Nelson Knee Surgery

pbmax
08-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Think he might be back for opener.

Almost has to be procedure to clean up torn cartilage.

pbmax
08-06-2013, 11:45 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130806/PKR0101/130806023

I bet he tore it last year and had hoped that rehab plus offseason would fix it delay it.

pbmax
08-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Don't call me Dr. Love

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 10m
Doctors tried correcting nerve issue in Jordy Nelson’s knee that has bothered him since college. Knee flared up at beginning of camp.

red
08-06-2013, 12:15 PM
are you fucking shitting me?

Joemailman
08-06-2013, 12:19 PM
are you fucking shitting me?

Did we mention that Randall Cobb left practice with an ice bag in his arm/shoulder?

wist43
08-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Did we mention that Randall Cobb left practice with an ice bag in his arm/shoulder?

Yeah, but that was from a bowling related issue... no worries :)

pbmax
08-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but that was from a bowling related issue... no worries :)

Did we ever hear what they went and did?

RashanGary
08-06-2013, 12:28 PM
skeet shooting. i hope he didnt f up his shoulder shooting skeet, haha.

Bossman641
08-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Can we just cancel TC already? Every year this team goes through the same shit.

red
08-06-2013, 12:54 PM

yeah i saw that too

kiss this year goodbye, we're fucking cursed. the football gods just don't want us to win

TravisWilliams23
08-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Maybe instead of trying to pamper them during training camp, work the living shit out of them instead! I remember the Lombardi Packers absolutely HATED his rigorous camps but I don't ever remember reading about these kinds of injuries during camp. (The internet wasn't invented back then!) These guys play a brutal sport and perhaps they need the physical/brutal training to get their bodies ready for the sport. Taking it "easy" on them sure as Hell isn't getting it done.

Joemailman
08-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Maybe instead of trying to pamper them during training camp, work the living shit out of them instead! I remember the Lombardi Packers absolutely HATED his rigorous camps but I don't ever remember reading about these kinds of injuries during camp. (The internet wasn't invented back then!) These guys play a brutal sport and perhaps they need the physical/brutal training to get their bodies ready for the sport. Taking it "easy" on them sure as Hell isn't getting it done.

That was a different situation because training camp was brutal to get the players in shape. There was no offseason training program. Maybe the issue is the offseason training program. The one season recently where the Packers didn't have big injury problems was following the 2010 season where there was no offseason training program or OTA's because of the lockout.

Patler
08-06-2013, 01:57 PM

Did I see correctly that Datone Jones was not at practice? Any explanation why?

Joemailman
08-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Did I see correctly that Datone Jones was not at practice? Any explanation why?

Jones had an illness.

TravisWilliams23
08-06-2013, 02:20 PM
That was a different situation because training camp was brutal to get the players in shape. There was no offseason training program. Maybe the issue is the offseason training program. The one season recently where the Packers didn't have big injury problems was following the 2010 season where there was no offseason training program or OTA's because of the lockout.

If I recall, in 2011 they lost Collins forever with the "freak" neck injury, Alex Green with a knee, Quarless with a knee, Sherrod with the leg, and Tramon Williams with that never healing shoulder problem. That's quite a hit to take for any team. I agree that the players now, for the most part, have that off season workout program but at least for the Packers, it's not cutting down on the injuries.

hoosier
08-06-2013, 02:22 PM

That was also pre-PED. A lot of the non-contact injuries may be the result of overdeveloped muscles.

pbmax
08-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Jones had an illness.

If its food poisoning then I suspect Bear's fans are posing as restauranteurs in greater Green Bay.

pbmax
08-06-2013, 02:30 PM

Would be interesting to see the numbers on it.

pbmax
08-06-2013, 02:31 PM
If I recall, in 2011 they lost Collins forever with the "freak" neck injury, Alex Green with a knee, Quarless with a knee, Sherrod with the leg, and Tramon Williams with that never healing shoulder problem. That's quite a hit to take for any team. I agree that the players now, for the most part, have that off season workout program but at least for the Packers, it's not cutting down on the injuries.

Those were the big ones but the team had far fewer missed games from starters than in 2010 and 2012. The problem was defense in general and Collins in particular.

Guiness
08-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Those were the big ones but the team had far fewer missed games from starters than in 2010 and 2012. The problem was defense in general and Collins in particular.

And you have to look at injuries differently. Collins' had nothing to do with the shape he was in, conditioning, turf he was playing on, etc. Same with Sherrod - reality is, 300lb guy moving at speed rolls up your leg, it breaks.

It's the plethora of soft tissue strains, tears and rips that are interesting.

Guiness
08-06-2013, 03:05 PM
dp

QBME
08-06-2013, 03:42 PM
dp

OK, I give.....dp?

Guiness
08-06-2013, 03:48 PM
OK, I give.....dp?

double post :oops: :wave:

and a good excuse to plunk down a couple of my favorite smileys
:knll::twisted::soap:
:cow:

Maxie the Taxi
08-06-2013, 05:04 PM

I was hoping Alex Gillette would make the final roster. Now with all the injuries to the receiving corps, Gillette might start.

Fritz
08-07-2013, 07:17 AM
OK, I give.....dp?

Double penetration.

George Cumby
08-07-2013, 10:11 PM
My gast is flabbered that this wasn't taken care of in the off-season.