PDA

View Full Version : I've got it. Possible trade.

pittstang5
08-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Lightning has just struck my brain.

Davenport and a fifth or sixth for Roderick Hood of the Eagles.

Go ahead...rip away.

HarveyWallbangers
08-24-2006, 03:48 PM
I like Roderick Hood. I'd take him or Matt Ware.

pittstang5
08-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Do you think the Eagles will go for it? Rumor has it they were looking for another RB. I think they were even talking to Steven Davis.

The Pack would solve the dilemma of having one to many "iffy" RBs and add some nice depth to their CB position, PLUS Hood can return punts. Eagles get a RB and a draft pick. It's a match made in heaven.

PULL THE TRIGGER TT................PULL IT.

FritzDontBlitz
08-24-2006, 04:07 PM
throw in ahmad carroll for free. and do it quick before other teams realize carroll will be cut before the season starts....

SkinBasket
08-24-2006, 06:17 PM
throw in ahmad carroll for free. and do it quick before other teams realize carroll will be cut before the season starts....

Carroll's been our most physical CB this preseason will make a fine 3rd CB. If he can improve his hand technique, he has another chance to be a starter over the next couple seasons. Its the depth beyond him you should be worried about. Horton, Hawkins, Dendy, and Wishom could be traded for an ice cream sandwitch for all the promise they've shown.

PTPaQ
08-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Hell we took Al Harris from the Eagles and he blew up over here, maybe the same could happen for Hood...but I dont really see the point when we have Harris, Woodson, Carroll, with Blackmon and Hawkins developing, why would we push their progress back?

Trade Davenport and a pick for a backup Linemen.

Nice idea though.

CaliforniaCheez
08-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Physical CB's do not grab jersey and just hang on for the ride.

The old style tear away jerseys would have left Carroll laying on the field with a rag twice during the Falcon game.

Physical should not include grabbing, holding, kicking, slapping, biting and other punk behaviors.

woodbuck27
08-24-2006, 07:04 PM

The old style tear away jerseys would have left Carroll laying on the field with a rag twice during the Falcon game.

Physical should not include grabbing, holding, kicking, slapping, biting and other punk behaviors.

Yes. That young man is a little troubled.

I believe it's not this season because of poor depth at CB, but Ahmad isn't getting it.

He will be gone. Ahmad Carroll looks like a first round bust to me.

PACKERS ! :mrgreen:

Scott Campbell
08-24-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm going to hold my breath until Skin changes that avatar.

retailguy
08-24-2006, 07:24 PM

What is wrong with a picture of tank?

digitaldean
08-24-2006, 08:40 PM

I'd agree with the trade, plus throw in Carroll for SOMEBODY.

He still might be able to solve his grabbing issue, but the NFL won't allow boxing gloves as part of his gametime uniform. :mrgreen:

FritzDontBlitz
08-24-2006, 09:03 PM

I'd agree with the trade, plus throw in Carroll for SOMEBODY.

He still might be able to solve his grabbing issue, but the NFL won't allow boxing gloves as part of his gametime uniform. :mrgreen:

ahmad carroll is morphing into the second coming of chris akin. NEXT!!!

superfan
08-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Lightning has just struck my brain.

Davenport and a fifth or sixth for Roderick Hood of the Eagles.

Go ahead...rip away.

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Are the Eagles shopping Hood? Davenport reminds me of a car that's exceeded 100,000 miles -- hit the gas and be depressed with the results. The giddyup is gone.

Here is TSN's scouting report on Hood for those that may not know much about him:

"Has superior athleticism despite his lack of size and strength. Can turn and run with anyone and does not waste motion. Has the speed to recover from mistakes. Great in man-to-man coverage, despite his struggles defending bigger receivers downfield. A solid open-field tackler with big play potential, but not a starter."

KYPack
08-25-2006, 07:46 AM
A Pesky little corner that return punts? Do that deal, we need one of them! We need qulity corners teams run a lot of trips, even 5 wides, you need as many quality corners as you can get. We also gotta get somebody other than Woodsen returning punts.

(I was gonna post the old "they don't make trades in the NFL", but they do now)

pittstang5
08-25-2006, 07:49 AM
[quote="superfan
Are the Eagles shopping Hood?[/quote]

I don't think so, but they are looking at Running backs. Steven Davis was in and I hear the Steelers were shopping Duce and Phila might be interested. The Eagles have always had decent corners (that might even be an understatement) and Hood is their nickel (I think). I would think Davenport might be on the bubble but his injury is messing up my plan. No one is going to want him if he's hurt.

Superfan....love the Avatar...I'm your Huckleberry!

Fritz
08-25-2006, 08:07 AM
I'd love to comment on this possible trade, but my stomach's queasy after seeing Skin B's avatar.

HarveyWallbangers
08-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Hood is an up and coming corner. Najeh has VERY little trade value. Don't forget that Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown will be FAs after this year. My hunch is that they won't be shopping a corner. They are likely grooming Hood and Matt Ware to replace those guys in 2007. They've did the same when Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor were about to become FAs, and they had Sheppard and Brown waiting in the wings.

Rastak
08-25-2006, 10:37 AM
[quote="superfan
Are the Eagles shopping Hood?

Superfan....love the Avatar...I'm your Huckleberry![/quote]

"It would appear poker is not your game, how about a spelling bee?
Man Val Kilmer was outstanding in that role.

pittstang5
08-25-2006, 10:42 AM
[quote="superfan
Are the Eagles shopping Hood?

Superfan....love the Avatar...I'm your Huckleberry!

"It would appear poker is not your game, how about a spelling bee?
Man Val Kilmer was outstanding in that role.[/quote]

LOL - I could quote him all day.

Cowboy - "Why, its the drunk piano player. Youre so drunk, you cant hit nothin. In fact you're probably seeing double.."

Doc - "I have two guns, one for each of ya."

pittstang5
08-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Double post...how the heck did that happen?

superfan
08-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the Hood update pittstang5.

My favorite Doc Holliday moment has to be near the end when he takes down Ringo. Visual is a zoom on Val's mouth, speaking two simple words --

"Say When."

One of my favorite movies, and Doc with that ridiculous accent stole the show.

woodbuck27
08-25-2006, 02:15 PM

Scott:

Then you'll be "a BLUE MAN".

Have you sen that act? It's a band. Pretty different and dramatic act. I saw them on the TV program "America's Got Talent", last week.

Impressive to me.

GO PACK GO ! FAITH in 2006 !!

woodbuck27
08-25-2006, 02:18 PM
A Pesky little corner that return punts? Do that deal, we need one of them! We need qulity corners teams run a lot of trips, even 5 wides, you need as many quality corners as you can get. We also gotta get somebody other than Woodsen returning punts.

(I was gonna post the old "they don't make trades in the NFL", but they do now)

He's " just a CB "... Charles Woodson = poor choice as a punt returner.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2006, 02:20 PM

Scott:

Then you'll be "a BLUE MAN".

Have you sen that act? It's a band. Pretty different and dramatic act. I saw them on the TV program "America's Got Talent", last week.

Impressive to me.

No, but I'm in Vegas a couple times a month. Looky there, Skin changed avs.