PDA

View Full Version : Packers on PUP

Patler
08-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Per MM:

Harris returned to practice today. Very light load

(Tackle Derek) Sherrod is making progress. Medical staff is feeling good about way he is progressing. But I don't know if he'll be ready to practice by next week. We're trying to get him comfortable.

Safety) Sean Richardson, we feel we need to wait. there's some healing that needs to take place.

That was the most encouraging thing I have seen about Sherrod since he broke his leg

They must think Richardson has a chance to come back. Otherwise, no need to drag it out the way they have.

pbmax
08-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Per MM:

snip

(Tackle Derek) Sherrod is making progress. Medical staff is feeling good about way he is progressing. But I don't know if he'll be ready to practice by next week. We're trying to get him comfortable.

At this point he is healing like a Soviet premier.

mraynrand
08-12-2013, 03:20 PM
At this point he is healing like a Soviet premier.

Pretty soon McCarthy will be saying: "Sherrod is going to a farm. It's a nice farm where he can run and play every day, and there will always be plenty of food. And he can sniff butts to his heart's content"

hoosier
08-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Per MM:

That was the most encouraging thing I have seen about Sherrod since he broke his leg

Aren't you the optimistic one. "We're trying to get him comfortable" sounds to me like they've got him in the ICU. If MM verbalizes doubts about Sherrod returning next week, that means Sherrod is definitely (my interpretation) out until the last week of camp, and probably won't be ready to play for the last game. Assuming they keep Bahktiari, Barclay and Newhouse, can they really afford to keep a fourth OT who hasn't yet seen the field and shown what's he capable of in live action? I think Sherrod is destined for the regular season PUP. Again.

mraynrand
08-12-2013, 03:24 PM
"We're trying to get him comfortable" sounds to me like they've got him in the ICU.

absolutely. The next question from a good reporter would have been "how much sedation is he receiving?" or "Is he surrounded by his family?"

pittstang5
08-12-2013, 04:47 PM
I feel if Sherrie can't make it back in time to practice before and play in the 3rd preseason game, he's worthless to this team for this year. He just doesn't have the experience or has had the reps to help this team. And this based solely on his rookie year performance, which was shaky at best.