PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else make music / produce / play in a band?

mission
08-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Just curious. I've been producing for about 8 years now and always looking to talk shop with other musicians.

If anyone's interested, I have some of my tracks up on Myspace. There is a wide range of styles, shame you can only upload four tracks.

http://www.myspace.com/dsided

let me know whatcha think! :)

BallHawk
08-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Jack does.

jack's smirking revenge
08-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey Tony. Partial is "partially" accurate. I don't play or write music at all. I wish I could and I've tried; I just don't have the patience with writing the music. Maybe someday. I have much respect for musicians though and am around them on a regular basis.

I manage and market bands. My primary band is linked via the banner below, named Perfect Enemy. When I get a chance, I'll check your stuff out. Please check us out as well.

Welcome to PR!

tyler

CaptainKickass
08-24-2006, 05:31 PM
See my post in "what does everbody do....."

Rastak
08-24-2006, 07:22 PM
I play guitar and bass. Do a little home recording with Cubase. Haven't jammed with a full band in years though...wife put the kibosh on that a long time ago.

mission
08-25-2006, 09:07 AM
cool stuff guys!

my girl knows the only way to piss me off is trying to curtail my production efforts. aside from that, she pretty much gets her way every other time. :oops:

(she's worth it tho :P)

jack's smirking revenge
08-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Perfect Enemy does have Atlanta ties tough. Our producer is Don McCollister of Nickel & Dime studios. He's worked with Shawn Mullins and the Indigo Girls, just to name a couple. We're his "metal project". ;-) All of our music has been recorded in his studios in ATL.

tyler

red
08-25-2006, 09:30 AM
i play the guitar, but suck something severe at it

but i design and build guitars, well one. and its only 3/4 built. but if i ever finish it, and it actualy works, i'd like to build a bunch of them

Rastak
08-26-2006, 06:52 PM

but i design and build guitars, well one. and its only 3/4 built. but if i ever finish it, and it actualy works, i'd like to build a bunch of them

Hey that's cool Red....I mostly play bass but can slam some heavy bar chords with the rest...trying to pick up some cool licks and have gotten better but I wouldn't play guitar in front of a crowd...I'd play my Rickenbacker with a live band though.

Building guitars sounds cool.

Rastak
08-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Perfect Enemy does have Atlanta ties tough. Our producer is Don McCollister of Nickel & Dime studios. He's worked with Shawn Mullins and the Indigo Girls, just to name a couple. We're his "metal project". ;-) All of our music has been recorded in his studios in ATL.

tyler

Jack, they sound pretty good...if I ever make one of their gigs (I think that would be cool) and you're around I'll look you up and have a beer with ya.

red
08-26-2006, 08:37 PM

Hey that's cool Red....I mostly play bass but can slam some heavy bar chords with the rest...trying to pick up some cool licks and have gotten better but I wouldn't play guitar in front of a crowd...I'd play my Rickenbacker with a live band though.

oh man, you have a ric? i love those. i got my poor mans version, an ibenez artcore that i just love. if only the damn thing would stay in tune. then a modified strat, then my little project

you want to learn some cool riffs? its all in the blues

building a guitar from scratch was a blastyou gotta have a lot of patience and a good imagination to come up with something cool, which i was shocked to find out i have. but once it all comes together its pretty cool. i just have to buy the damn hardware for it (pickups, pots, wires, switches, tuners, and frets. lol

Rastak
08-26-2006, 08:47 PM

It's a low end Ric bass without the pearl inlays on the frets....I don't think they make 'em anymore actually....can't recall the model..per the serial number it's a 1990 model. I picked it up used a few years back for about $700.

The fricken neck warped a bit on me but I can still play it. I need a new bass....I used to have a Fender Precision but I'm thinking a Fender Jazz might make a good replacement eventually.

oh man, you have a ric? i love those. i got my poor mans version, an ibenez artcore that i just love. if only the damn thing would stay in tune. then a modified strat, then my little project

you want to learn some cool riffs? its all in the blues

AtlPackFan
08-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Just curious. I've been producing for about 8 years now and always looking to talk shop with other musicians.

If anyone's interested, I have some of my tracks up on Myspace. There is a wide range of styles, shame you can only upload four tracks.

http://www.myspace.com/dsided

let me know whatcha think! :)

Tony, my son has a band that plays regionally...mostly in Atlanta though...and have played CBGBs in New York and The Darkroom in Chicago. Check them out at www.secondshiftmusic.com.

Tarlam!
08-28-2006, 01:00 PM
I used to write, manage and produce. My kid sister is in the scene in Bremen Germany. I attended her wedding two weeks ago. 50 Sid Vicious look-a-likes did, too. Johnny Rotton was only there 20 times...