PDA

View Full Version : Read This, Be A Conspiracy Theorist

pbmax
08-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Try not to lose your mind that this is Jason Whitlock doing what he does, contrarianism and pedantry.

But think about the dynamic between Shanahan and Griffin. Shanny is no wallflower and you have to suspect it galled him to be criticized by everyone from the ESPN Zone to the Rotary Club over Griffin's playing time last year after his injury and then re-injury.

Like Colonel Jessep, Shanny has no time for you, the media, my Mother or his QB to question his methods in defending a wall. What are the odds that Shanny's preseason game ban on Griffin is based on spite rather than medical reports?

And not just spite, but also reminding everyone who is in control here and providing a headline about how much he cares for Griffin's health? Plus the added bonus, if Whitlock has any point at all, that this decision is aimed squarely at Griffin for not doing enough to sweep this entire issue back under the team rug?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/robert-griffin-III-mike-shanahan-kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-081213

hoosier
08-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Shanahan getting back at RGIII in 2013 camp for 2012 postseason controversy = just another in a long line of "deferred payments."

Fritz
08-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Shanahan getting back at RGIII in 2013 camp for 2012 postseason controversy = just another in a long line of "deferred payments."

Absolutely true that the longer a coach coaches, the more ruthless and crazy he gets.

mraynrand
08-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Thing is, Kirk Cousins is perfectly able to run a productive NFL offense. He doesn't have "IT" like RGIII or Vince Young, but he will win you a lot of games a la a Matt Hasselbeck. For Milhouse, this is win, win, no matter how crazy he may be

http://www.itedefazio.it/images/milhouse2.jpghttp://www.itedefazio.it/images/milhouse2.jpg

Guiness
08-13-2013, 03:09 PM
I can believe Shanny's trying to teach RGIII some humility in a second.

smuggler
08-14-2013, 03:12 AM
It was stupid to keep him in the game with a partially torn ACL. The Dr. Andrews was at the game and okay'd RGIII's return to action, so there's your scapegoat.

gbgary
08-14-2013, 07:00 AM
It was stupid to keep him in the game with a partially torn ACL. The Dr. Andrews was at the game and okay'd RGIII's return to action, so there's your scapegoat.

i thought andrews said no, or nothing, and the team dr said go. must be mistaken.

George Cumby
08-14-2013, 07:53 AM
When I saw the story on BSPN the other day, my first thought was "Shanny is giving everyone the big Eff U."

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can jump to wild conclusions.

pbmax
08-14-2013, 08:31 AM
i thought andrews said no, or nothing, and the team dr said go. must be mistaken.

He started out by saying he didn't get to talk to Shanahan about the return. But he later copped to giving Shanny the thumbs up when asked if he could go.

Fritz
08-14-2013, 11:02 AM
RGIII: "Shanny, I think I got somethin' to say to you: it's late in August and I really should be playin', dude. I've laughed at all of your jokes; my skills you didn't need to coach. Oh Shanny I wish'd I'd never seen your face. You made a first class fool outta me, and I'm as blind as a fool can be. You stole my health; I couldn't leave you if I tried."

Guiness
08-14-2013, 11:09 AM
RGIII: "Shanny, I think I got somethin' to say to you: it's late in August and I really should be playin', dude. I've laughed at all of your jokes; my skills you didn't need to coach. Oh Shanny I wish'd I'd never seen your face. You made a first class fool outta me, and I'm as blind as a fool can be. You stole my health; I couldn't leave you if I tried."

I CAN'T QUIT YOU!

Zool
08-14-2013, 12:20 PM

All you did was wreck my knee, that aint cool with RG3. You're my coach, so I love ya anyway.