PDA

View Full Version : Odd man out at RB

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Ya know, Pease is probably practice squad material, but it's not impossible that he winds up on roster if he is about as good as an older guy.

hoosier
08-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Pass on the Pease, please! Starks or Green is almost certainly gone, and I am guessing it is Starks.

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2013, 07:27 PM
jeez Hoosier, all I am saying is give Pease a chance. Hater.

Joemailman
08-13-2013, 07:36 PM
I voted Starks, although it could be Green if his knee keeps flaring up.

In this day and age, there is no chance for Pease.

bobblehead
08-13-2013, 07:51 PM
And PB and I think starks is the starter week 1....unless PB was being sarcastic in which case I am alone on that one.

I think harris is gone. I think that because he is 5'7". I also think there is a shot we pull him off the car lot again before the season is over.

Guiness
08-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Harris? Is MM just blowing that much smoke with his claims that Harris is the starter? Maybe he knows he's gone, and is trying to drum up interest and get something in a trade. I don't think so though - Harris is the change of pace guy. My guess is Greene - unless Starks get injured, which I figure is about a 60% chance.

bobblehead
08-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Harris? Is MM just blowing that much smoke with his claims that Harris is the starter? Maybe he knows he's gone, and is trying to drum up interest and get something in a trade. I don't think so though - Harris is the change of pace guy. My guess is Greene - unless Starks get injured, which I figure is about a 60% chance.

It is true that "mystery injury" could settle this and buy an extra year for someone, but I think they don't wish to give up on Greene just yet, and starks is the best RB next to Lacy. I like Harris. I think I would like him on the team and dump Kuhn (we don't use a true FB anyway). I also think MM and TT like Kuhn a lot more than I do. Harris was on the scrap heap for a reason. He is small. That affects a lot of things. He ran ok, but he is just that ... a little guy with good running instincts who can't pass block a 250 lb LB, is a smaller target on a screen pass, and can't really play ST.

bobblehead
08-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Oh, and yes, MM is blowing a ton of smoke. He also likes Harris and probably would like him to get a job somewhere....just not in GB.

Joemailman
08-13-2013, 08:22 PM
I don't think it's so mysterious why MM is calling Harris the starter. He averaged 4.6 YPC last year compared with 3.6 for Starks and 3.4 for Greene. Eventually Lacy will probably be the starter, but with Lacy out, a healthy Harris is the most productive back he has.

pbmax
08-13-2013, 08:55 PM
And PB and I think starks is the starter week 1....unless PB was being sarcastic in which case I am alone on that one.

I think harris is gone. I think that because he is 5'7". I also think there is a shot we pull him off the car lot again before the season is over.

Wasn't completely facetious, but very wary of his history which is why I nominated him for jump to conclusions.

Every year they talk about trading the depth of one position and it almost never happens. If its going to be a release of a vet, its probably Starks. If its actually a trade, then probably Green has more value.

pbmax
08-13-2013, 08:57 PM
I don't think it's so mysterious why MM is calling Harris the starter. He averaged 4.6 YPC last year compared with 3.6 for Starks and 3.4 for Greene. Eventually Lacy will probably be the starter, but with Lacy out, a healthy Harris is the most productive back he has.

Someone on Twitter came up with a 0.8 ypc advantage for Harris. At first I thought they were insulting him, but the more I thought about it, nearly a yard more per carry is huge. But I wonder what the O line grades were for Harris versus the rest?

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Is MM just blowing that much smoke with his claims that Harris is the starter?
yes, MM is surely blowing smoke up Harris's ass. And where there's smoke, there's fire.
Fire in the hole!

Actually I don't think MM is trying to motivate or promote Harris (a bubble running back has zero trade value anyway.) I guess MM wants to bury the issue of the starter for the rest of training camp. Not sure why, my theory needs further work.

I assume all 3 running backs make it onto an NFL roster, but you might have thought Ryan Grant would have found a home last fall.

I picked Alex Green to get the axe, but it could easily be any of them. (I thought about the possibility of cutting Kuhn and keeping 5 RBs. But you can't hold-on to 3 RBs who aren't all that hot.)

George Cumby
08-13-2013, 10:41 PM
They keep Harris as a change of pace. I think Green is gone. Starks has shown he can play, when healthy. Green has shown very little.

Pugger
08-13-2013, 10:55 PM
I didn't see Kuhn on this poll.

Brandon494
08-13-2013, 11:57 PM
IMO it will be Alex Green who unfortunately will not go down as one of Green Bay's greatest running backs. :wink:

Brandon494
08-13-2013, 11:58 PM
Kuhn stays because he our best pass blocker in the backfield.

smuggler
08-14-2013, 02:15 AM
Harris isn't the ideal guy, but he's been able to (1) stay healthy and (2) produce which is not true of either Green or Starks.

My guess is that Green gets axed unless Starks or someone else gets hurt.

Fritz
08-14-2013, 07:13 AM
I had high hopes for Green when he was drafted, but he has shown little on the field, even when healthy. My guess is that, unless Starks gets hurt, Green gets a visit from The Turk.

pbmax
08-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Kuhn stays because he our best pass blocker in the backfield.

Franklin has been getting good reviews.

Harlan Huckleby
08-14-2013, 08:21 AM
I didn't see Kuhn on this poll.

I think there is an outside chance that Kuhn gets cut. But I doubt the Packers would keep all 3 RBs in this poll even without Kuhn. Three mediocre vets is a lot of baggage, and 5 total RBs is too many.

HarveyWallbangers
08-14-2013, 08:21 AM
I voted Starks--until I watched a replay of last week's game. Starks looks like a better RB than Green. Starks is injury prone, but Green has his own concerns. I now think Green will be cut.

smuggler
08-16-2013, 02:22 AM
I said during one of the games last year that Alex Green would not be on the roster this season. I hope I'm right, because he's pretty damn bad.

There's even a fucking forum dedicated to how much he sucks.

http://www.talk-sports.net/nfl/sucks.aspx/Alex_Green

denverYooper
08-16-2013, 07:54 AM
I said during one of the games last year that Alex Green would not be on the roster this season. I hope I'm right, because he's pretty damn bad.

There's even a fucking forum dedicated to how much he sucks.

http://www.talk-sports.net/nfl/sucks.aspx/Alex_Green

I like how most of the discussion is about him at a club with some snaggle-toothed ho.

Here's my favorite comment:

"He was all up on me at the hotel.. he claims to be single....his poor girl...she must be white!"

Smeefers
08-17-2013, 09:25 AM
After hearing all the praise about Starks during training camp, I was expecting him to come out and tear some heads off. Instead he looks like an average back at best against a shitty bland defense. I chose him to get kicked first, even though I wouldn't mind seeing all three of them go. I don't think Green is any better than Harris, and as TT has proven, you can pick up a Harris behind any ol car wash in the month of November and he'll still look serviceable.

King Friday
08-17-2013, 01:18 PM
I think Starks goes first...he can't stay healthy and he's had numerous chances to take the job if he was good enough. He's not.

Harris is probably also gone...they may both go on the same cutdown. However, the team hasn't had the same time to evaluate him as they have Starks...which is why I think Starks goes first. Neither is worth keeping IMO...for that matter neither is Green. You could probably search the waiver wire after week 1 and find an upgrade to any of those guys (and no guaranteed contract).

packer4life
08-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Barring Starks staying healthy for the last two weeks in August, Alex Green has to go. I don't see how TT can keep this guy, even though he was a 3rd rounder. His knee still flares meaning his longevity this year is uncertain, he has not flashed in TC, and Franklin was a 4th rounder who will not get cut despite the fact that he has looked somewhat ordinary. Harris will make it based on last year's end-of-year production.

Starks/Green have no trade value either. One will be flat out cut, no one will give up a 7th rounder for these two.

smuggler
08-17-2013, 02:46 PM
It's true. The only way anyone would trade for Starks (no one will ever trade for Green) is if he stays healthy and impresses in the last two preseason games. In that case, we'd probably keep him.

Willard
08-17-2013, 03:15 PM
As long as Starks is not injured before cutdown day I think he sticks over Green. I just think Starks adds another big back to balance out smaller backs Harris and Franklin. Green hasn't shown much at all and hopefully Harris/Franklin fill the role I originally thought Green would fill. Too bad, as I was thinking of converting my Ahman jersey into a "20" if Alex turned into a decent player. Also dump Kuhn. He is not good enough at converting 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1. Way over-rated by Packernation.

packer4life
08-17-2013, 03:18 PM
As long as Starks is not injured before cutdown day I think he sticks over Green. I just think Starks adds another big back to balance out smaller backs Harris and Franklin. Green hasn't shown much at all and hopefully Harris/Franklin fill the role I originally thought Green would fill. Too bad, as I was thinking of converting my Ahman jersey into a "20" if Alex turned into a decent player. Also dump Kuhn. He is not good enough at converting 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1. Way over-rated by Packernation.

Yes dump Kuhn. Ya ya he is great at picking up the blitz. Big deal. If there is a blitz, how bout a quick throw to the uncovered area ARod. There's an idea.