PDA

View Full Version : GUNS!

3irty1
08-14-2013, 11:19 AM
To my knowledge we don't have a guns thread and quite frankly we should be ashamed of ourselves.

I'm looking for a pistol and was wondering if anyone has a CZ 75 they could tell me about? I'm looking for something 9mm, full size, with a favorable combo of accuracy, reliability, and value. It seems to fit the bill but I'd like to hear the thoughts of an owner. It wouldn't be a CCW, at least not for me. I'm looking at something entry level that can get me competing in league and 3-gun.

Freak Out
08-14-2013, 01:28 PM
I think most the gun talk (which there was a lot of btw) was spread through out the Dear Nutz and I am the Fuckbasket threads. Lots of good stuff. This is a good idea though.....

red
08-14-2013, 04:48 PM
There was a gun thread somewhere around here a couple years back

Joemailman
08-14-2013, 06:49 PM
http://chattamom.chattablogs.com/archives/Gen%20store-thumb.jpg

George Cumby
08-14-2013, 10:15 PM
To my knowledge we don't have a guns thread and quite frankly we should be ashamed of ourselves.

I'm looking for a pistol and was wondering if anyone has a CZ 75 they could tell me about? I'm looking for something 9mm, full size, with a favorable combo of accuracy, reliability, and value. It seems to fit the bill but I'd like to hear the thoughts of an owner. It wouldn't be a CCW, at least not for me. I'm looking at something entry level that can get me competing in league and 3-gun.

Why that pistol and why the 9?

3irty1
08-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Why that pistol and why the 9?

9mm because ammo is cheap and in a full size pistol I can expect 16+ mags. Seems like what you'd want for most competition environments. The CZ 75B because it seems like its got a really high grip. I've never shot one but I've held one and the ergonomics seemed to click which in my experience translates to accuracy. It's also a steel frame gun which feels less cheezy than comparable polymer guns. It also appeals to me that it's a proven and super popular design so parts and accessories should always be available.

digitaldean
08-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Here's a CZ75B video by a reviewer I've subscribed to on YouTube. Learned quite a bit. Trying to get my first home defense firearm plus have one for my daughter to train on (she's going into criminal justice profession)

http://youtu.be/ybT3wCzzB0M

digitaldean
08-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Have held a few different 9mms in local gun stores, but no one in my area had a gun range to rent guns to try out. That has changed recently, where there are now 2 in Green Bay that I can go to. (for a fee)

Love the S&W M&P 9mm (feels best in hand and IMO has nicest sites), Beretta 92FS (all metal, but fits like a glove in my hand), Beretta PX4 Storm (great ergonomics), Glock 19, Springfield XDM. Buddy of mine from work has a Springfield plus just got a S&W Shield. He asked if I wanted to go shooting sometime to try them out. May help sway my opinion one way or another! If not, I can always check out the new Cabela's in GB to double check.

From what I've read and seen, CZ has a great reputation. Tried holding a FN FNX-9 and some of the subcompact Glocks. Neither of them feel comfortable in my hand. Same for the Ruger LC-9.

Once my wife finds a new job, I hope my budget can free up so I can make that purchase!! Good luck 3irty1!

3irty1
08-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Have held a few different 9mms in local gun stores, but no one in my area had a gun range to rent guns to try out. That has changed recently, where there are now 2 in Green Bay that I can go to. (for a fee)

Love the S&W M&P 9mm (feels best in hand and IMO has nicest sites), Beretta 92FS (all metal, but fits like a glove in my hand), Beretta PX4 Storm (great ergonomics), Glock 19, Springfield XDM. Buddy of mine from work has a Springfield plus just got a S&W Shield. He asked if I wanted to go shooting sometime to try them out. May help sway my opinion one way or another! If not, I can always check out the new Cabela's in GB to double check.

From what I've read and seen, CZ has a great reputation. Tried holding a FN FNX-9 and some of the subcompact Glocks. Neither of them feel comfortable in my hand. Same for the Ruger LC-9.

Once my wife finds a new job, I hope my budget can free up so I can make that purchase!! Good luck 3irty1!

I really wanted to like the Berreta M9 when I shot it. It's a good looking and well built gun but I shot pretty much everything much better. I've always been a Glock fan and that would probably be my choice for CCW. I agree with you that the S&W M&P 9 is underrated as well.

Thanks for posting the video. If you ever get a chance to shoot a CZ 75 do it! That high grip translates to a ton of accuracy! For me it was the best of all worlds. If only they were more common around here.

MadtownPacker
08-21-2013, 11:35 PM
I just like anything that fits in my jacket pocket and can be pulled out easily. 8-)

George Cumby
08-23-2013, 11:47 AM
9mm because ammo is cheap and in a full size pistol I can expect 16+ mags. Seems like what you'd want for most competition environments. The CZ 75B because it seems like its got a really high grip. I've never shot one but I've held one and the ergonomics seemed to click which in my experience translates to accuracy. It's also a steel frame gun which feels less cheezy than comparable polymer guns. It also appeals to me that it's a proven and super popular design so parts and accessories should always be available.

Copy that. Good reasoning. Especially the ergonomics. I went with a single stack .45 for two reasons: terminal ballistics performance and the ergs. The single stack fits my hand better than the double.

3irty1
09-19-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm nearing the end of my first AR-15 build. I started a few months ago when I found a source of cheap ammo here in town. I'm waiting on a few missing pieces then I'll post pics.

Anyways, I'm looking for a new project and I'm thinking of digging in to PCP airguns. Any air gunners in here? I'd like to tap into some experience on how to get bottles/air without spending a fortune.

SkinBasket
09-19-2013, 12:34 PM
So did you end up buying anything?

I've got the CZ Duty, and it's been a work horse. Eats any ammo without any issues and fits my fat hands and fingers well. The 75 is a very commonly used and appreciated firearm across the world, and usually there's a reason for that. Sounds like you know what you're doing, getting your hands on the firearm, since grip comfort is just about the most important aspect to enjoyable shooting, and everyone has different hands. The other steel frame I would recommend is the IWI (Magnum Research) Baby Eagle. We've got two in .40 and it's by far my favorite handgun as far as accuracy, comfort, and recoil go. Also very affordable. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_38/products_id/53610

Just recently bought the "competition" package XDM 5.25 in 9mm to use as my target gun. Getting used to my first grip safety and the double trigger, but with that long of a barrel, it's really easy to be accurate with it. Came with some extra fiber optic sights, three grips, paddle holster, mag carrier, and three 19 round magazines, and a loader. Competition folks don't like it being marketed as a competition gun due to the heavier trigger, but the only competition I'm in is shooting freshly emptied beer cans. I don't mind the polymer for 9mm, since there's little recoil anyway, and the benefit of a lighter firearm are highlighted when you have the weight of 15-19 rounds packed in there.

I'm also going to notify your local authorities about your attempt to build a rifle of mass destruction. You should be ashamed of yourself.

3irty1
09-19-2013, 01:57 PM
I haven't bought anything yet. Here in Iowa you need to go to the Sheriff's office, file paperwork, get a week long background check, then go back and file more paperwork, pay $10 and you've now got permission to buy a handgun for the next year. So I took care of all that and am now watching armslist for the right CZ to show up. The one I held was a Duty and those seem overwhelmingly popular but I'm looking for a 75 B. Something full sized.

I had thought about getting myself a clone though. The most well known clones are the tanfoglio eaa witness which sold the design to the rest of the world while the CZ's where stuck behind the curtain. From what I hear they are nice guns but have branched off and innovated to the point where they aren't clones anymore and most of the parts aren't interchangeable. I'd much prefer interchangeable parts since the 2nd most popular handgun in the world is likely to have a ton of aftermarket stuff that I might just want to use.

Now what I'm thinking about is a Tristar S-120 or L-120. These are Turkish made guns made by Canik 55 and imported by Tristar. I sent them an email asking them some questions and here was their response:

The S-120 will be the identical clone of the CZ-75B. The C-100 would be the compact version of this model and our L-120 would be the lightweight version of this pistol. The parts are completely interchangeable between CZ's and ours, but there really would not be a reason to interchange the parts as our pistols are being made by a military grade factory and built under NATO spec. This means that our pistols have to pass a 40,000 round endurance test without breaking as well as all of our parts are chrome-lined and chrome-plated which gives them the utmost strength, reliably, and durability. The parts that we use in our pistols are actually stronger and of better quality than those in the CZ models.

So yeah. Might try one of those because they're cheap as dirt like the CZ 75's used to be.

Upnorth
09-25-2013, 09:55 AM
One of my favorite weapons I ever shot was the FN. 7.62 round with stopping power, heavy and accurate.
I have been thinking of getting a bolt action .17 ruger to take care of skunks, large crows (cant shoot ravens here for some reason) and pidgeons. I have a question for you, I have trouble believing a .17 is so much superior to the .22, any one have experience?

George Cumby
09-25-2013, 09:43 PM
I just like anything that fits in my jacket pocket and can be pulled out easily. 8-)

Preferably with the serial numbers ground off?:smile:

George Cumby
09-25-2013, 10:01 PM
One of my favorite weapons I ever shot was the FN. 7.62 round with stopping power, heavy and accurate.
I have been thinking of getting a bolt action .17 ruger to take care of skunks, large crows (cant shoot ravens here for some reason) and pidgeons. I have a question for you, I have trouble believing a .17 is so much superior to the .22, any one have experience?

Never heard of the .17 until your post, but did a quick search and the ballistics are markedly better with the .17.

This page has a nice chart:

http://17hmr.net/index.php?topic=1134.0

Sounds like the ammo is a bit spendy though.

That FN is fun as he'll to shoot.

Upnorth
09-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Never heard of the .17 until your post, but did a quick search and the ballistics are markedly better with the .17.

This page has a nice chart:

http://17hmr.net/index.php?topic=1134.0

Sounds like the ammo is a bit spendy though.

That FN is fun as he'll to shoot.

Good link, thanks. On the FN if you broke it open and switched the safety past the on positive when you reloaded it one pull of the trigger and it would shoot until it was out of bullets, fun fun.

3irty1
02-12-2014, 08:31 AM
I finished my AR-15 a couple of months ago, here is a picture:

http://i61.tinypic.com/of0dqg.jpg

That's a Palmetto State Armory lower and upper that have been cerakoted in flat dark earth. PSA pencil barrel, BCG, and lower parts as well. Midwest Industries handguard is just 10 oz. Aero Precision scope mount is just 3 oz. Leupold AR Mod 1 1.5-4x is a freakish 10 oz despite having an illuminated reticle.

http://www.leupold.com/img/reticle/128/large/

I wanted a rifle that a child could shoot it comfortably. The stock is a Magpul CTR with a after market limbsaver pad. The gun has a compensator as well so the pad is drastic overkill for recoil and muzzle climb but its useful anyways for the little extra length of pull since without it this stock has a tendency to pull out facial hair that gets into the seam where it meets the buffer tube. I've accurized it as well which I highly recommend. I lapped the face of the upper receiver that mates with the barrel nut to ensure a tight lock up which makes a shocking difference in accuracy. Even with a pencil barrel I can get 5/8" groups if I do my part with Winchester white box. The upper and lower already had a very tight fit. The trigger group is a Geissele SSA enhanced 2 stage. Total pull weight is exactly 2.3 lbs for the 1st stage and 1.2 for the 2nd stage. The AR-15 is one hell of a platform for accuracy.

It's hard to get out in the winter but I'm doing my best to collect brass and data to develop a year-round all-weather hand load. More on that when it warms up perhaps. I get pretty scientific about it, modeling barrel nodes and harmonics and such.

SkinBasket
02-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Is that a gay pride towel?

3irty1
02-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Is that a gay pride towel?

That's a wool blanket from Mexico. Maybe Mad can tell us why Mexicans have all the best blankets when its super hot there.

mraynrand
02-12-2014, 09:51 AM
That's a wool blanket from Mexico. Maybe Mad can tell us why Mexicans have all the best blankets when its super hot there.

For Mexicans, blankets are essentially portable drywall.

digitaldean
02-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Broke down and got my first handgun...FINALLY! Got a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm. Got $50 off at Cabela's Black Friday plus for being one of the first 250 in line at Green Bay store I got a prize (was an add'l $20 gift card!)

Absolutely stoked. Here's the stock image of what it looks like since you can only get it at Cabela's..
http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/images/firearms/zoom_lg/150986_01_lg.jpg

Besides price I get 3 total magazines, a holster for the pistol, belt clip for 2 mags and an Uplula loader. I did also buy a small microvault handgun safe.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bhl9smW6L._SY300_.jpg

Now just have to get the time to get an intro pistol or CCW class in!!

SkinBasket
02-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Now just have to get the time to get an intro pistol or CCW class in!!

Fuck that. You can learn enough by watching some internet videos on stance, grip, and support and then getting range time in to find what's most comfortable/accurate for you. Obviously, make sure you remember your safety rules so you don't look like an asshole at the range, but other than that, how you shoot is going to be pretty individualized, from your grip to your stance to your posture. I would only pay someone if you find you have trouble being consistent, because then they can diagnose what you're doing wrong. But even that can be determined by where your missing most of the time. Keeping a tight, supportive frame with your arms and making sure you're leaning forward from the hips up (amazing how many people at the range you find leaning backward like their trying to get away from the gun, but to be fair, even when you "feel" like you're leaning as far forward as you can, you're usually just past upright) are about the only two things I've ever found important when helping someone shoot. Don't be afraid to use a mirror, even though it looks a little disturbing if someone walks in on you pointing a gun at your reflection in the bathroom. Naked. But the second part is optional I suppose.

Anyway, my point being - common sense will teach you the safety aspect, and practice will teach you the shooting part. I would only pay someone if I had problems.

3irty1
02-13-2014, 08:27 AM
If you want to take a class then take a class. Some people learn better that way and there is no sub for a talented instructor. Skin is right though, the main thing to learn is how to practice, then to practice because shooting stances are as varied as baseball swings and the real art is having enough self-awareness to diagnose your own issues. I have been a shotgun shooter all my life but I pretty much knew jack shit about shooting a handgun. Didn't really have any friends that knew anything either. Starting at zero is difficult, I didn't use an instructor first hand but I probably should have. I had a one-on-one coach for sporting clays before and it was an excellent experience. YMMV

Freak Out
02-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Fuck that. You can learn enough by watching some internet videos on stance, grip, and support and then getting range time in to find what's most comfortable/accurate for you. Obviously, make sure you remember your safety rules so you don't look like an asshole at the range, but other than that, how you shoot is going to be pretty individualized, from your grip to your stance to your posture. I would only pay someone if you find you have trouble being consistent, because then they can diagnose what you're doing wrong. But even that can be determined by where your missing most of the time. Keeping a tight, supportive frame with your arms and making sure you're leaning forward from the hips up (amazing how many people at the range you find leaning backward like their trying to get away from the gun, but to be fair, even when you "feel" like you're leaning as far forward as you can, you're usually just past upright) are about the only two things I've ever found important when helping someone shoot. Don't be afraid to use a mirror, even though it looks a little disturbing if someone walks in on you pointing a gun at your reflection in the bathroom. Naked. But the second part is optional I suppose.

Anyway, my point being - common sense will teach you the safety aspect, and practice will teach you the shooting part. I would only pay someone if I had problems.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/599/image0096oa.jpg

Freak Out
02-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Ok....just one more.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/4034/image0103bt.jpg

digitaldean
02-13-2014, 09:04 PM
The main reason for me taking a class may end up being for concealed carry. Class time from a certified instructor is one of the several things needed before I could be licensed to concealed carry in just Wisconsin. In some states, you have to meet certain shooting accuracy requirements, some have others. Reason why I think it's important to be CC certified in other states is for business travel (driving to clients I have in Indiana and other states).

SkinBasket
02-14-2014, 07:11 AM
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/599/image0096oa.jpg

The life vest is an essential shooting tool.

The main reason for me taking a class may end up being for concealed carry. Class time from a certified instructor is one of the several things needed before I could be licensed to concealed carry in just Wisconsin. In some states, you have to meet certain shooting accuracy requirements, some have others. Reason why I think it's important to be CC certified in other states is for business travel (driving to clients I have in Indiana and other states).

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound anti-class, just that it's not always essential to learn to shoot well, and oftentimes the opinions on how to shoot are like assholes. The CC stuff is different entirely obviously.

3irty1
03-07-2014, 06:48 PM
God damn are AR-15's accurate. I should have built one years ago.

digitaldean
03-08-2014, 04:23 PM
So what type of set up do you have? There's a lot of mix and match set ups possible with different brands of lower assemblies plus some really nice off the rack models (Bushmaster, Colt)

3irty1
03-09-2014, 12:22 PM
I finished my AR-15 a couple of months ago, here is a picture:

http://i61.tinypic.com/of0dqg.jpg

That's a Palmetto State Armory lower and upper that have been cerakoted in flat dark earth. PSA pencil barrel, BCG, and lower parts as well. Midwest Industries handguard is just 10 oz. Aero Precision scope mount is just 3 oz. Leupold AR Mod 1 1.5-4x is a freakish 10 oz despite having an illuminated reticle.

http://www.leupold.com/img/reticle/128/large/

I wanted a rifle that a child could shoot it comfortably. The stock is a Magpul CTR with a after market limbsaver pad. The gun has a compensator as well so the pad is drastic overkill for recoil and muzzle climb but its useful anyways for the little extra length of pull since without it this stock has a tendency to pull out facial hair that gets into the seam where it meets the buffer tube. I've accurized it as well which I highly recommend. I lapped the face of the upper receiver that mates with the barrel nut to ensure a tight lock up which makes a shocking difference in accuracy. Even with a pencil barrel I can get 5/8" groups if I do my part with Winchester white box. The upper and lower already had a very tight fit. The trigger group is a Geissele SSA enhanced 2 stage. Total pull weight is exactly 2.3 lbs for the 1st stage and 1.2 for the 2nd stage. The AR-15 is one hell of a platform for accuracy.

It's hard to get out in the winter but I'm doing my best to collect brass and data to develop a year-round all-weather hand load. More on that when it warms up perhaps. I get pretty scientific about it, modeling barrel nodes and harmonics and such.

^^^ That's it

SkinBasket
03-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Waiting for the price to dip again and I'll snatch one of these in .308.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/89801.jpg
CZ 550FS MANNLICHER

MadtownPacker
03-10-2014, 01:54 PM
For Mexicans, blankets are essentially portable drywall.

That's a wool blanket from Mexico. Maybe Mad can tell us why Mexicans have all the best blankets when its super hot there.Aynrand is about right here. Houses over there don't have insulation and many don't even have floors and doors. It is hot in the daytime but it the northern areas it gets cold at night, guessing cuz of the desert landscape.
But you are right, the blankets are always hella warm and shit will last forever.

red
03-10-2014, 10:04 PM
those blankets are scratchy as shit, don't want to sleep in the nude under one of those bad boys

digitaldean
03-12-2014, 09:19 PM
3irty1, NICE AR!! Especially the cerakote job, that looks sweet!

woodbuck27
03-13-2014, 01:03 AM
those blankets are scratchy as shit, don't want to sleep in the nude under one of those bad boys

Like sleeping covered up by a carpet!?

red
03-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Like sleeping covered up by a carpet!?

like sleeping under a heavier burlap sack

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 08:48 PM
like sleeping under a heavier burlap sack

Scratch...scratch ! SCRATCH !!

3irty1
03-28-2014, 12:27 PM
I shot an IWI Tavor last weekend and was super impressed. Wish I could think of a good reason to get one.

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/IWI_TSFD16.jpg

So its a 16" barrel and a fraction of an inch over 26" total which makes it barely legal without a tax stamp on both accounts. Takes standard AR-15 mags, is long-stroke piston action like an AK which is awesome. Has built in flip up sights in that rail on top which are decent and co-witness with normal AR-15 red dots and such. Skin you got one in your WROL kit?

digitaldean
03-31-2014, 08:51 PM
Seen a few YouTube vids on the Tavor. What are your thoughts on the trigger 3irty1? Ones I've seen said the trigger pull is pretty hefty, but otherwise is solid and well put together. Looks like it disassembles pretty easily for cleaning.

Freak Out
04-01-2014, 12:47 AM
My father gave me a Winchester 1901 for goose hunting when I was a kid. My god that thing is loud. Every once in awhile I'll break it out to impress the friends.

SkinBasket
04-01-2014, 07:00 AM
So its a 16" barrel and a fraction of an inch over 26" total which makes it barely legal without a tax stamp on both accounts. Takes standard AR-15 mags, is long-stroke piston action like an AK which is awesome. Has built in flip up sights in that rail on top which are decent and co-witness with normal AR-15 red dots and such. Skin you got one in your WROL kit?

I haven't handled one yet to know how it would fit my muscular shoulders. Looks like it would be fun, but expensive fun. For now, I would lean toward the AR "pistol" barrel on a regular build for tactical purposing, as it delivers the compact size at a much lower cost, if I had the money to buy a non-hunting firearm.

3irty1
04-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Seen a few YouTube vids on the Tavor. What are your thoughts on the trigger 3irty1? Ones I've seen said the trigger pull is pretty hefty, but otherwise is solid and well put together. Looks like it disassembles pretty easily for cleaning.

The trigger was shit. Worse than a GI trigger on an AR-15. The good news is that it takes 5 seconds to pull the whole trigger group and I understand there are very good drop in replacements available.

3irty1
04-01-2014, 07:56 AM
I haven't handled one yet to know how it would fit my muscular shoulders. Looks like it would be fun, but expensive fun. For now, I would lean toward the AR "pistol" barrel on a regular build for tactical purposing, as it delivers the compact size at a much lower cost, if I had the money to buy a non-hunting firearm.

Here in Iowa we can't get short barreled rifles even with a tax stamp so if I were to get an AR pistol it'd have to actually be a pistol. Plus, if I were to get a SBR I'd want one in .300 blackout and also a suppressor, that's $400 just in tax stamps. I'd rather just get a 30+ mag or two for a handgun for something compact.

Someday they are supposedly going to sell barrels to convert the Tavor to .300 blk. With the long piston gas system and short length I'd think that would be an excellent platform for a suppressor.

mraynrand
04-01-2014, 08:07 AM
My father gave me a Winchester 1901 for goose hunting when I was a kid. My god that thing is loud. Every once in awhile I'll break it out to impress the friends.

Do you hunt deaf geese?

Freak Out
04-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Do you hunt deaf geese?

When I'm done they are.

mraynrand
04-02-2014, 07:58 AM
When I'm done they are.

Existential and Metaphysical!

SkinBasket
04-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Here in Iowa we can't get short barreled rifles even with a tax stamp so if I were to get an AR pistol it'd have to actually be a pistol. Plus, if I were to get a SBR I'd want one in .300 blackout and also a suppressor, that's $400 just in tax stamps. I'd rather just get a 30+ mag or two for a handgun for something compact.

Someday they are supposedly going to sell barrels to convert the Tavor to .300 blk. With the long piston gas system and short length I'd think that would be an excellent platform for a suppressor.

You can't get short barreled rifles here either, but there are 223 "pistols" for sale, as well as barrels, which I hear are very easily swapped to an otherwise regular ar-15. That would be illegal, so I haven't done it, or shot one, but it is interesting to note.

As an aside, the suppressor laws in this nation are fucking stupid. There are many practical varmit applications on a farm for which a suppressor would be useful, but people think they make rifles more deadly, because that's what movie snipers and hitmen use, so you have to get your C3FFL, spend hours on the phone with your government by the people for the people, pay your stamps, then pay someone to properly install it so you don't fuck it up.

3irty1
04-17-2014, 09:48 AM
You can't get short barreled rifles here either, but there are 223 "pistols" for sale, as well as barrels, which I hear are very easily swapped to an otherwise regular ar-15. That would be illegal, so I haven't done it, or shot one, but it is interesting to note.

As an aside, the suppressor laws in this nation are fucking stupid. There are many practical varmit applications on a farm for which a suppressor would be useful, but people think they make rifles more deadly, because that's what movie snipers and hitmen use, so you have to get your C3FFL, spend hours on the phone with your government by the people for the people, pay your stamps, then pay someone to properly install it so you don't fuck it up.

Plus the suppressors themselves cost a fucking fortune for some reason as if they aren't just tubes full of baffles. Right now there is legislation working its way through Iowa to legalize suppressors and if it goes through I'll probably pony up, I'm tempted to machine it myself though instead of shelling out another grand. The $200 tax stamp price was set in 1934 when 200 was equivalent to 3500 bucks so its hard to imagine even this much freedom lasting long. Then again, SLS 3D printers will probably make the most cutting edge suppressors trivial to make at home one day so who knows.

woodbuck27
04-18-2014, 04:12 AM

I inherited this shotgun.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Winchester_Model_1912.JPG

A Winchester Model 1912 Pump Action Shot Gun.

I've never personally fired it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=409391262#PIC

woodbuck27
04-18-2014, 04:28 AM
I inherited this shotgun.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Winchester_Model_1912.JPG

A Winchester Model 1912 Pump Action Shot Gun.

I've never personally fired it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=409391262#PIC

Most of the deer I've taken was with this rifle:

http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/images/fbfiles/images/Deluxe_Carbine_30_WCF_1116149_1_-038f1924be57b809561f88ac2316f6df.jpg

A lever action 30/30 model 64 Winchester in Walnut.

My hunting Bud used the same gun but the stock was in apple wood and a tad heavier.

woodbuck27
04-18-2014, 04:37 AM
http://www.hr1871.com/images/zoom_topper.jpg

That's an image of the shotgun I shot my first ducks with.

An H & R Topper.

As an adult this was my duck gun of choice:

A Remington Model 1100 3 1/2 inch magnum load semi-auto shot gun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V3vWeM5K0Y

woodbuck27
04-18-2014, 04:59 AM
My goose gun is a Spanish 10 gage double barrel shotgun; that will paralyze you if your not stout or in shape and need to fire a dozen shells to limit out (six geese):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp8uxznoeeg

3irty1
06-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Any multi-gun competitors around here? I just shot my first match. I think I'm hooked.