PDA

View Full Version : Drivers comments

Rastak
08-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Was a little surprised I didn't see much said about Donald Drivers comments on ESPN the other day. I obviously could have missed. it. Nothing too terrible that he said but he did seem to side with Jennings.

pbmax
08-18-2013, 07:35 PM
I think they got tacked onto the Jennings Rips Rodgers thread.

Rastak
08-18-2013, 07:57 PM
I think they got tacked onto the Jennings Rips Rodgers thread.

I see. For the record I thought it was pretty minor.

HarveyWallbangers
08-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Did you also see Woodson's defense of Rodgers? Since ESPN didn't break the story, they didn't seem to think they merited much discussion.

http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=8791&is_corp=1

Guiness
08-19-2013, 12:39 AM
I have a lot of difficulty believing Driver said anything he intended as detrimental to the Packers, or Rodgers.

Not buying a word of it until I see the entire interview, not a few comments placed in the context the reporter thinks will get him the most eyeballs.

smuggler
08-19-2013, 03:26 AM
I think Driver was put in a tough spot and didn't want to publicly underbus Jennings, but he basically said that Rodgers was technically right and Jennings wrong, but that it's easier for a QB to pretend to be wrong when he isn't than it is for a WR to admit to being wrong.

mraynrand
08-19-2013, 06:49 AM
I think Driver was put in a tough spot and didn't want to publicly underbus Jennings, but he basically said that Rodgers was technically right and Jennings wrong, but that it's easier for a QB to pretend to be wrong when he isn't than it is for a WR to admit to being wrong.

That made my head hurt

denverYooper
08-19-2013, 07:07 AM
I don't recall Rodgers ever publicly calling his receivers out for running a bad route. He might very well have... I just don't remember it. It seems to me that he always publicly emits some bland bit of sports PR nonspeak, like "we weren't on the same page". Who knows, maybe he whines a lot about it in private practices or in the film room -- that wouldn't surprise me -- but I just don't remember anything noteworthy in his pressers.

Something Rodgers does do in games is give his receivers and backs dirty looks. That can be annoying. Come to think of it, maybe he has studied under Midwestern mothers to master the art of passive aggressive control. If he's upset, he won't say it in so many words but the message will be obvious by his disapproving looks and clipped speech.

pbmax
08-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Something Rodgers does do in games is give his receivers and backs dirty looks. That can be annoying...

This is true but so do Manning and Brady, Marino did this as well. Favre as a younger QB was notable for not doing it, but he lost his patience as he got older.

Its not good, but its just not that big a big deal. For what its worth, I thought Driver was referring to meetings.

denverYooper
08-19-2013, 11:47 AM
This is true but so do Manning and Brady, Marino did this as well. Favre as a younger QB was notable for not doing it, but he lost his patience as he got older.

Its not good, but its just not that big a big deal. For what its worth, I thought Driver was referring to meetings.

Agree with all of this.

Patler
08-19-2013, 12:07 PM

The first I remember Favre doing it was after he had his fill of Bill Schroeder not running the route expected, or not running the route correctly, or stopping a route for no good reason and causing an interception, or dropping a ball, or failing to go after a ball aggressively, or...well, you get the picture. Favre came off the field just screaming at him, and everyone commented on how out of character it was for Favre.

Guiness
08-19-2013, 12:41 PM
The first I remember Favre doing it was after he had his fill of Bill Schroeder not running the route expected, or not running the route correctly, or stopping a route for no good reason and causing an interception, or dropping a ball, or failing to go after a ball aggressively, or...well, you get the picture. Favre came off the field just screaming at him, and everyone commented on how out of character it was for Favre.

You mean Bill Schroeder, #14 on the Packers list of all time receiving yardage list who signed a 1 day contract and retired a Packer? Surely he was fine :no:

He did some crazy bad things on the field for a guy who was around 1000yds three years in a row.

Patler
08-19-2013, 12:47 PM
You mean Bill Schroeder, #14 on the Packers list of all time receiving yardage list who signed a 1 day contract and retired a Packer? Surely he was fine :no:

He did some crazy bad things on the field for a guy who was around 1000yds three years in a row.

Ya, kind of made it embarrassing for all of the WRs around the league who didn't get 1000 yards, or at least made the achievement of getting 1000 seem a lot less significant.

Guiness
08-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Ya, kind of made it embarrassing for all of the WRs around the league who didn't get 1000 yards, or at least made the achievement of getting 1000 seem a lot less significant.

Dave Semenko once scored a goal when Gretzky bounced a puck off his head. I assume Schroeder's numbers have something in common with that.

swede
08-19-2013, 02:21 PM
You guys just gave the NFL network a new idea for a "Ten Most..." show:

"Ten Most Sucky Players Who Accidentally Got 1,000 Yards Receiving"

The idea will be shot down after the research department can only find one player on the list.

MadtownPacker
08-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Who gives a shit if highly paid WRs get yelled at? I get yelled at all the time for far less money then those divas!

Guiness
08-19-2013, 02:53 PM
You guys just gave the NFL network a new idea for a "Ten Most..." show:

"Ten Most Sucky Players Who Accidentally Got 1,000 Yards Receiving"

The idea will be shot down after the research department can only find one player on the list.

Not a long list, but there are others. Brandon Lloyd comes to mind, I just checked and he did indeed have a 1,000 yard season...although he did it with Kyle Orton throwing him the ball!!!

TravisWilliams23
08-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Who gives a shit if highly paid WRs get yelled at? I get yelled at all the time for far less money then those divas!
Mad, you stupid SOB, you waste our friggin' time here with that lame ass excuse for a 10,000th post! Get with it man! :-D

MadtownPacker
08-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Holy shit!! I didn't even notice. Does this make me an official cyberloser like the rest of the 10k club??

RashanGary
08-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Holy shit!! I didn't even notice. Does this make me an official cyberloser like the rest of the 10k club??

Yes. Yes it does.

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Yes. Yes it does.

Agreed.

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Something Rodgers does do in games is give his receivers and backs dirty looks. That can be annoying.

It's the thing I least like about Rodgers on the field. Just because Manning, Favre near the end of his career, and others do it, doesn't mean he should. However, I must say that he outwardly shows the same type of emotion when he screws up. Like, how could I miss that throw. He did it in the Rams game when he missed Finley. Just his personality, and it's probably part of the reason he is so good. I think million dollar receivers should be able to deal with.

MadtownPacker
08-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Yes. Yes it does.
Damn, worse part is my 10k isn't anymore informed or knowledgable than my 1st post. All these years and I haven't learned a damned thing.:lol:

sharpe1027
08-19-2013, 09:10 PM

Not really. It was the 9999 posts before that one.

MJZiggy
08-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Ah, the memories...

Rastak
08-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Did you also see Woodson's defense of Rodgers? Since ESPN didn't break the story, they didn't seem to think they merited much discussion.

http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=8791&is_corp=1

Yea, I saw that. I think Rodgers had Woodson's back big time as his contract expired. Wasn't surprised to see Woodson say that at all.

MadtownPacker
08-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Not really. It was the 9999 posts before that one.
Well I feel better now.

BTW Fuck Rastak, damn troll! Kidding good to see you man. I like when a Packer turns purple because then you come hang out. :lol: