PDA

View Full Version : Biggest gratification in training camp

Harlan Huckleby
08-20-2013, 12:51 PM
I thought that fatso Lacy would have a ceiling as a pro, he could be good but not special. Very impressed at his niftiness, and of course the power.

mraynrand
08-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Even though I'd much rather have someone else in there, Bacteria plays like a terrorist who can protect Rodgers.

Harlan Huckleby
08-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Are you making a sly reference to his Persian heritage?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakhtiari_people

BTW, perhaps a poor word choice for this thread, don't need any self-gratification stories.

mraynrand
08-20-2013, 01:17 PM
withdrawn

denverYooper
08-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Great, now we're going to get [redacted] at the [redacted] just for posting here. Thanks guys.

RashanGary
08-20-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm going with Lacy too. Didn't see the games, but saw the highlights. He could change our offense. On defense, the DL seems to really be coming on. Mike Daniels and Johnny Jolly are equal nice surprises. Very different players. One is a run stuffer, super instinctive, natural player who makes things happen in run/base downs. The other is a powerful, squat, quick DL who can win one on ones in the pass rush. Between the two, you have an excellent addition to just about any defensive call. And then Datone Jones. He tweaked his ankle, but he looks every bit as advertised. Those three guys increase our DL depth, allow guys to stay fresh and bring impact in their own ways. Pickett is in excellent shape for him. Raji is ready to role. Neal brings pass rush. . . I like our group a lot.

So, I guess I think our rushing offense and DL are my biggest things to be greatful for. Honestly, if I had to pick two areas to improve going into this season, that would have been the two. I think we're the team to beat.

MadScientist
08-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Finley - He's playing like he wants a big FA contract. If he keeps it up, he'll get it, though probably with someone else.

mraynrand
08-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Finley - He's playing like he wants a big FA contract. If he keeps it up, he'll get it, though probably with someone else.

Chicago

mraynrand
08-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Great, now we're going to get [redacted] at the [redacted] just for posting here. Thanks guys.

Oh relax, nothing [redacted] is [redacted] [redacted] [redacted] from Harlan.

Patler
08-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Bakhtieri - better than I expected he would be out of the gate.
Jolly - playing like he did when he left 3 1/2 years ago.
Finley - playing hard and acting like a professional.
Mulumba - this years UDRFA surprise.

ThunderDan
08-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Micah Hyde, he might be this year's Hayward.

QBME
08-20-2013, 03:02 PM

rogered at the rail?

RashanGary
08-20-2013, 03:15 PM
I like the lists so far. . .

Bahktiari
Jolly
Mike Daniels
Hyde
Muluamba
Lacy
Finley
Barclay
Finley

These are all guys who seem to make our team better in one or more ways.

denverYooper
08-20-2013, 03:32 PM
rogered at the rail?

it's been known to happen

hoosier
08-20-2013, 03:46 PM
By no means the biggest pleasant surprise, but it is looking like Crosby finally pulled his head out of his ass and rediscovered how to kick field goals.

mraynrand
08-20-2013, 04:13 PM
By no means the biggest pleasant surprise, but it is looking like Crosby finally pulled his head out of his ass and rediscovered how to kick field goals.

just wait 'til it matters!

Guiness
08-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Lacy, looking wonderfully average (see http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?25730-Running-game-Is-it-really-the-guys-up-front/page2)
Jolly, looking like he wants to remind everyone why the Pack gave him a 1st round tender oh-so-long-ago
Bahktiari might, just might hold the fort at LT. The Pack needs this more than all the other guys we hope will step up put together

King Friday
08-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Why is anyone surprised that Finley is playing his ass off in a contract year? I fully expect 150 catches and 28 TDs from him this year.

Jolly is the obvious choice. I didn't think the guy had any shot to make the roster...but at this point he might actually become a critical cog on our DL.

Joemailman
08-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Jolly - Looks like he'll be ready to contribute sooner than I thought.
Bakhtiari - Whether he's ready to start at LT this soon, he looks like a very good player.
Mulumba - Chants of MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! will replace KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHN!

Bretsky
08-20-2013, 07:47 PM
GREAT THREAD

Hyde---Dom Capers used him last game exactly how he used to use Woodson....run blitz...delayed blitz....dude has impresses
Bacteria--This guy has shown me more in two weeks than our ex first round Justine did the whole season he imitated a plaer. Perhaps it's an early crush...but dude looks like a player
Finley-- I went to Family Night; I noticed Finley blocking multiple times and blocking well. I was shocked
Jolly--- We'd be morons to cut this guy
Boykins--Again...going back to Famly night.....dude is a very natural pass catcher. I think he sticks around for many years to come and when Jones or Nelson leaves the Pack he steps right in
Lacy.....real deal if he stays healthy

bobblehead
08-20-2013, 08:03 PM
GREAT THREAD

Hyde---Dom Capers used him last game exactly how he used to use Woodson....run blitz...delayed blitz....dude has impresses
Bacteria--This guy has shown me more in two weeks than our ex first round Justine did the whole season he imitated a plaer. Perhaps it's an early crush...but dude looks like a player
Finley-- I went to Family Night; I noticed Finley blocking multiple times and blocking well. I was shocked
Jolly--- We'd be morons to cut this guy
Boykins--Again...going back to Famly night.....dude is a very natural pass catcher. I think he sticks around for many years to come and when Jones or Nelson leaves the Pack he steps right in
Lacy.....real deal if he stays healthy

I like Bachardi, I do...as a right tackle or a guard. You hate Sherrod...I don't get it, but I get one thing. Next training camp, after watching a rookie play LT, you will be praying that Sherrod is healthy.

mraynrand
08-20-2013, 09:33 PM
I like Bachardi, I do...as a right tackle or a guard. You hate Sherrod...I don't get it, but I get one thing. Next training camp, after watching a rookie play LT, you will be praying that Sherrod is healthy.

Sherrod doesn't exactly have many sheepskins hanging on the wall either.

denverYooper
08-21-2013, 06:49 AM
I'm excited about the DL in general. I think we have the rock (Pickett), some core vets about to hit their prime years (Raji, Wilson, maybe Neal), an unexpected pleasant surprise from Jolly, some up-and-comers (Daniels, Jones), and a whole pile of hungry rookies. I feel a good couple of years coming on for that group.

Of course, Lacy too.

Patler
08-21-2013, 08:16 AM

But next year might not Bakhtieri be the more experienced vet, and Sherrod a rusty, inexperienced player with little behind him since college? With Sherrod, it would be almost like having a rookie again.

Fritz
08-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Mike Daniels seems to be adding some spark to this team. Now, can he get some sacks?

Bahkteria has been a pleasant surprise, for sure. So has Hyde.

I believe Mike Neal will develop in his new position and, if healthy, will play well.

mraynrand
08-21-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm excited about the DL in general. I think we have the rock (Pickett), some core vets about to hit their prime years (Raji, Wilson, maybe Neal), an unexpected pleasant surprise from Jolly, some up-and-comers (Daniels, Jones), and a whole pile of hungry rookies. I feel a good couple of years coming on for that group.

Of course, Lacy too.

I don't want to see Lacy play on the defensive line

pbmax
08-21-2013, 10:49 AM
I don't want to see Lacy play on the defensive line

Tough enough. Not big enough. Goes against the Franchise Wide Edict (tm).

hoosier
08-21-2013, 01:30 PM

Or not....

gbgary
08-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Bahktiari. a big surprise at a very important position.

smuggler
08-22-2013, 04:42 AM
I didn't think Lacy was as good as he's looked. He's shown me, and I pray he can stay healthy.
Daniels I suspected would improve, but I still doubt him ever being a star.
Finley, I never thought was as down as some of the others, but I knew he'd kick some tail in a contract year.
Sort of the same with Neal. I thought he's looked good when he's been in the game, others have been more down on him. Hopefully he stays healthy.
Hyde I honestly would expect to bust, by simple probability. We hit with Hayward (similar, though probably superior player), so I expected us to miss on Hyde.
Bacardi has surprised me by being serviceable. I still doubt he'll be very good this year.

Fritz
08-22-2013, 07:51 AM
If you look at the 2011 and 12 drafts, you can see that not having Sherrod at all has really hurt. He was their number one pick in 11, and typically this would be the year a first round offensive tackle would truly come into his own. Last year's number one, Perry, needs to be more than an average starter. Mike Daniels, Hayward, Perry, and Alex Green all need to perform well this year, lest Ted's '11 and '12 drafts be judged as wanting.

Coleman looks PS bound, Schlauderaff is gone, Elmore never made it, Sherrod hurt, Worthy hurt after an uninspiring first year. McMillan is a work in progress, but the jury is out as to whether he's got the range to really be a player.

At the moment neither of those drafts looks like it produced a blue chop, very high end player. Even Hayward, good as he was, is only suited to play the slot.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2013, 10:24 AM
I didn't think Lacy was as good as he's looked.

Who ya gonna believe, me or your own lyin' eyes?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

mraynrand
08-22-2013, 10:48 AM
If you look at the 2011 and 12 drafts, you can see that not having Sherrod at all has really hurt. He was their number one pick in 11, and typically this would be the year a first round offensive tackle would truly come into his own. Last year's number one, Perry, needs to be more than an average starter. Mike Daniels, Hayward, Perry, and Alex Green all need to perform well this year, lest Ted's '11 and '12 drafts be judged as wanting.

Coleman looks PS bound, Schlauderaff is gone, Elmore never made it, Sherrod hurt, Worthy hurt after an uninspiring first year. McMillan is a work in progress, but the jury is out as to whether he's got the range to really be a player.

At the moment neither of those drafts looks like it produced a blue chop, very high end player. Even Hayward, good as he was, is only suited to play the slot.

Definitely need more blue chops

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2013, 10:54 AM
That was a typo, stupid, he meant blue chaps

hoosier
08-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Blue chips, morons!

http://cdn3.benzinga.com/files/blue-chip-cookie.jpg

Joemailman
08-22-2013, 12:54 PM
http://logos.co/1024/royalty-free-blue-ship-logo-by-seamartini-graphics-media-3563.jpg

Upnorth
08-22-2013, 01:00 PM
That was a typo, stupid, he meant blue chaps

Blue tips, you were the one saying this was not about gratification which leads to...

swede
08-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Blue tips, you were the one saying this was not about gratification which leads to...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415DAh8fo%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Fritz
08-22-2013, 02:14 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415DAh8fo%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Geez, a little typo, and off you guys go.

This is making me feel blue, man.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREll4nK6SSa4lUz7t0tXQMNrbyfg0vF 0fSJ85IOl2rszDzyU89sg

KYPack
08-22-2013, 03:25 PM
It's lonely at the top, Fritz.

Upnorth
08-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Geez, a little typo, and off you guys go.

This is making me feel blue, man.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREll4nK6SSa4lUz7t0tXQMNrbyfg0vF 0fSJ85IOl2rszDzyU89sg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/946892/thumbs/r-ARRESTED-DEVELOPMENT-NETFLIX-large570.jpg?6
Maybe you should see an unique analrapist by the name of fuqes

Joemailman
08-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Ol' Cleedeeus says, "Great to see someone wearing my old number who is doing so well!"

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/CleditusBling.jpg

Guiness
08-23-2013, 12:33 AM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/946892/thumbs/r-ARRESTED-DEVELOPMENT-NETFLIX-large570.jpg?6
Maybe you should see an unique analrapist by the name of fuqes

Awesome the way this came around to Arrested Development! There's always money in the banana stand!