PDA

View Full Version : One of the better players who many fans don't know?

Patler
08-21-2013, 05:03 AM
We know him because he is a former Packer. I wonder how well the average fan knows him? Still playing in his 12th season, seldom injured, has started 106 of 112 games in the 7 seasons since leaving GB after starting only 16 of 64 in Green Bay. Not an impressive stat line considering how much he has played. Must be an earlier version of AJ Hawk, but one whose value was recognized after leaving GB.

Paris Lenon.

The Denver Broncos have signed linebacker Paris Lenon.

The 6-foot-2, 240-pound 12th-year player who has seen action in 175 career regular-season games with 122 starts with Green Bay, Detroit, St. Louis, and Arizona.

He has 763 career tackles (543 solo), 12 sacks, five interceptions, 29 passes defensed, 10 forced fumbles and seven fumble recoveries. A 16-game starter in six of his last seven seasons, he has missed just one game in his career.

Harlan Huckleby
08-21-2013, 08:19 AM
I have been president of the Paris Lennon fanclub his whole career. Well, more like after he got good in his third season or so. I always thought he was a guy the Packers never should have cut. Packer fans thought he was a bum because he was never flashy and was on the bubble early on. I'm not sure the Packers have had a clearly superior inside linebacker since they cut him, even Desmond Bishop when you consider overall play. Maybe Barnett.

Edit: The Packers didn't cut him, I imagine the Lions gave him a nice contract. Guess it is easier in hindsight to see that Lenon was worth it, I probably didn't protest too loudly at the time.

Guiness
08-21-2013, 10:53 AM
12 years in the league eh? Good for him. He's certainly does it quietly, obviously putting in yeoman's work in sticking around the league. He's bounced around a lot and it looks like he is the guy on the roster that is always being looked at to be replaced.

His longest stint with a team was with the Packers. Maybe he'll retire a Packer one day!

Memphis Maniax (2001)
Green Bay Packers (2001)*
Seattle Seahawks (2001)*
Green Bay Packers (2001−2005)
Amsterdam Admirals (2002)
Detroit Lions (2006−2008)
New England Patriots (2009)*
St. Louis Rams (2009)
Arizona Cardinals (2010−2012)
Denver Broncos (2013−present)

The Maniax were an XFL team. He has to be one of the last alumni from that league playing in the NFL. Pretty sure there are none left in the CFL either.

mraynrand
08-21-2013, 02:33 PM
He would of course be perfect at ILB alongside Robert Francois

Quel grand duo!

smuggler
08-22-2013, 04:32 AM
I always thought he was average, but not shabby. He played the pass pretty well when he was with GB, but that may not be the case any longer.

Patler
08-22-2013, 06:34 AM
His strong suit in GB was special teams, as I recall. It was what kept him there the first couple years.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2013, 10:22 AM
The reason I latched on to the Paris Hilton bandwagon is that he was a sure tackler. When Vladimir tackled you, you stayed tackled.

Maybe he was an average player. But he was the elite of average players. The creme de la pedestrian.