PDA

View Full Version : Nick Collins

call_me_ishmael
08-27-2013, 01:06 AM
Was watching American's game 2010-2011 today and it dawned on me how special Nick Collins was. Man, I miss that guy. I think if we had a healthy Collins right now we would be the front runners for the super bowl and would be coming off a 3-peat.

I think this guy was on a hall-of-fame trajectory. Yes, his career started off slow, but by year 4 he was special. Very, very good player.

Discuss the awesomeness that is Nick the pick!

Brandon494
08-27-2013, 06:03 AM
He would be the best FS in the league right now, he was already 2nd behind Ed Reed when he got injured.

Upnorth
08-27-2013, 08:32 AM
He was the next super star safety that the media would have fawned over, and deservedly so.

Pugger
08-27-2013, 08:47 AM
It is just criminal what that injury did to him and our team. He was truly going to be special. :cry:

gbgary
08-27-2013, 12:53 PM
hasn't officially retired yet I believe.

RashanGary
08-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Yep. Safety is a position that the offense can't play away from. They patrol the whole middle of the field. They clean up all kinds of messes with their tackling. You just can't account for a super-star safety. You can't double them, you can't play away from them. They can be everywhere and if they're great (Nick Collins) they are in the right places a lot of the time. Superbowl winning teams have HOF QB's a lot of the time. YOu can't play away from the QB. The other common denominator is they often have HOF safeties too.