PDA

View Full Version : Dujuan Harris IR

call_me_ishmael
08-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Dang, this team can't catch a break. Having said that, I think he's just a guy. It allows us to keep Starks who I think is a much better player albeit one who is healthy for one week every two seasons approximately.

Harlan Huckleby
08-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Dang, this team can't catch a break. Having said that, I think he's just a guy. It allows us to keep Starks who I think is a much better player albeit one who is healthy for one week every two seasons approximately.

Who does MM name as his starting halfback now? John Kuhn? Green? Whisper Goodman?

MadScientist
08-27-2013, 01:15 PM

Well Starks caught a break, as long as he doesn't fumble on Thursday. I agree that Harris was just a guy, yet another in a series of Packers running backs who flash signs of adequacy at the end of a season and then are never heard from again.

red
08-27-2013, 01:30 PM
another glaring example of why the entire medical staff should be replaced

guys out with a knee injury all training camp and preseason, then he gets cleared and in his first action he blows out the knee that was giving him problems

obviously the knee was not yet right

mraynrand
08-27-2013, 01:36 PM

guys out with a knee injury all training camp and preseason, then he gets cleared and in his first action he blows out the knee that was giving him problems

I bet he got the go-ahead from James Anderson, right there on the sideline.

Fritz
08-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Crazy. Whether you liked him or not, he was, last year, the Packers' most effective back. And now he's gone.

Any time a guy goes for a second opinion, you might as well write him off for the year.

So is it Starks that benefitted...or Franklin? Will MM keep four running backs now or five?

Harlan Huckleby
08-27-2013, 04:00 PM
So is it Starks that benefitted...or Franklin? Will MM keep four running backs now or five?

I think Franklin ends up seeing less playing time. Green now makes the team for sure, plus the Packers are patient with him. Green becomes a more featured utility back, pushes Franklin onto the inactive list.

Green & Franklin offer the same skills, IMO.

red
08-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Crazy. Whether you liked him or not, he was, last year, the Packers' most effective back. And now he's gone.

Any time a guy goes for a second opinion, you might as well write him off for the year.

the way our running backs have been falling like flies for the last 4 or 5 years i say we keep at least 6 on the roster

Smeefers
08-27-2013, 08:15 PM

I think the reason we're seeing so many injuries to knees - league wide - is because of the concussion worries. Can't make upper body tackles anymore, gotta take it to the waist and that's why so many knee injuries are happening.

Brohm
08-27-2013, 09:28 PM
I think the reason we're seeing so many injuries to knees - league wide - is because of the concussion worries. Can't make upper body tackles anymore, gotta take it to the waist and that's why so many knee injuries are happening.

Yep, helmet to the kneecap on the end of that screen. Patellar tendon injury.

smuggler
02-18-2014, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNqrWZLGKAI

Hope this guy was able to make a full recovery!

pbmax
02-18-2014, 12:20 PM
This bump made me think we had our first 2014 Packer season ending injury already.

Thanks for the wakeup call.

mraynrand
02-18-2014, 01:10 PM

Nice find. That was fun to watch - especially the scorch of Donte Whiffner at the end.

No wonder Stubby was so excited about having this guy for 2013 - and not just because he got him a good deal on a Buick LaCrosse.

smuggler
02-18-2014, 07:06 PM
I know nothing of his blocking, but his screen game and cutback ability are pretty good. Seems like a deluxe version of Brandon Jackson.

Freak Out
02-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Great motor and seems to always find a seam. Get well soon.

bobblehead
02-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Looks like the argument for letting starks walk

pbmax
02-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Just remember, those were the good runs. There was a lot of meh as well.

Guiness
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

He always seems to be falling forward when he goes down.

A name I saw a few times in there was Crabtree. He was a willing and able blocker.

mraynrand
02-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Just remember, those were the good runs. There was a lot of meh as well.

he didn't play enough for there to be a lot of 'Meh' :(
Plus, he was a late season fill-in. We (well, I) was projecting a Sprolesesque type season after Stubby engineered him into the 2013 offense. Alas, it was not meant to be, cheri.

pbmax
02-19-2014, 09:24 PM
I seem to recall him getting better in each game. He wasn't terribly effective versus the 49ers, but otherwise finished stronger than he started. At the beginning I remember thinking I did not understand what the fuss was about. He had a few fans on this forum his rookie year.

smuggler
02-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Actually, he wasnt bad against the niners in the playoffs. The problem was we were playing from behind from the second quarter on and we passed more than ran and Stubby forgot about him a bit.

bobblehead
02-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Actually, he wasnt bad against the niners in the playoffs. The problem was we were playing from behind from the second quarter on and we passed more than ran and Stubby forgot about him a bit.

Actually we were right in that game in the middle of the 3rd Q and stubby abandon the run as he is prone to do.

KYPack
02-20-2014, 09:19 AM
Harris turned out to be a much better player than I thought he was gonna be. If he can come back, I think he can be a valuable spot guy to give the Hamma a blow here and there.

It will be interesting to see if Harris out duels Franklin for that "scatback" role.

smuggler
02-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Rooting for Harris since Troy has a campus in the town I live in.

ThunderDan
02-21-2014, 08:25 AM
If he can come back, I think he can be a valuable spot guy to give the Hamma a blow here and there.

Not sure how he is going to feel being Lacy's fluffer.

Joemailman
02-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Not sure how he is going to feel being Lacy's fluffer.

Anything for the team.

pbmax
02-21-2014, 10:04 AM
McCarthy has gone full-on for coach speak. Despite presence of Franklin, Harris and (possibly) Starks, today he was speaking about making Lacy an every down back.

mraynrand
02-21-2014, 10:17 AM
McCarthy has gone full-on for coach speak. Despite presence of Franklin, Harris and (possibly) Starks, today he was speaking about making Lacy an every down back.

nothing wrong with that - adds versatility. Plus, Lacy with his asthma will need to be spelled from time to time.

pbmax
02-21-2014, 10:39 AM
nothing wrong with that - adds versatility. Plus, Lacy with his asthma will need to be spelled from time to time.

Yes, and of course its part of what you would ask Lacy to work on in the offseason. But I worry that Mike has trouble remembering to stick one other RB in the game. He doesn't need to be confused by 2 additional options.

smuggler
02-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Poor Mike. He's just not that smart.