PDA

View Full Version : Defunct TV shows

red
08-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks to netflix and a broken ankle, i've been watching a lot of old TV shows that for one reason or another just didn't make it

did anyone else ever watch "better off ted?"

how the hell did this show not make it? its honestly one of the better shows i've ever seen, and it only lasted for one season. its a shame TV execs only chase the teenage money these days. shows like Ted and "ed" had so much more going for them then almost anything else on TV these days but were killed off because the numbers just weren't there

plus, portia de rossi is so fucking hot, ellen is one lucky lady. i'd let ellen in on a 3 some if it got me some time with portia

any others?

Upnorth
08-28-2013, 06:42 PM
Give arrested development and house of cards a try. Both kept me and the wife sleep deprived until we finished them.

red
08-28-2013, 06:52 PM
i love arrested development, watched the whole series 3 or 4 times now

haven't watched house of cards yet, i'll have to give that a look. i do like kevin spacey

mraynrand
08-28-2013, 08:18 PM
did anyone else ever watch "better off ted?"

I saw the episode "Ted trapped in the closet"

digitaldean
08-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Give arrested development and house of cards a try. Both kept me and the wife sleep deprived until we finished them.

Cancelled Netflix once I signed up for amazon prime. Loved House of Cards. The first scene of first episode was kind of creepy when Spacey kills the dog in the street. Plus the episode where Spacey moves the alcoholic Congressman to die by carbon monoxide poisoning. Nice I found out about it I watched multiple episodes at a time.

mraynrand
08-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Cancelled Netflix once I signed up for amazon prime. Loved House of Cards. The first scene of first episode was kind of creepy when Spacey kills the dog in the street. Plus the episode where Spacey moves the alcoholic Congressman to die by carbon monoxide poisoning. Nice I found out about it I watched multiple episodes at a time.

why'd ya pick amazon over netflix? why is it better?

Iron Mike
08-29-2013, 08:47 PM
any others?

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Like-Me-Complete-Collection/dp/B001JV5BI0

GrnBay007
08-31-2013, 12:42 AM
Sons of Anarchy starting soon!!! I seriously think it's been 4 months since my TV has been on but I did switch my late night at work so I won't miss Son's.

red
08-31-2013, 02:01 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Like-Me-Complete-Collection/dp/B001JV5BI0

yes, great show. totally unique concept

so the question is, is george hot, or not? sometimes i'm like, "oh man, the things i'd do to her", then the next minute i'm like "butter face"

red
08-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Sons of Anarchy starting soon!!! I seriously think it's been 4 months since my TV has been on but I did switch my late night at work so I won't miss Son's.

feels like its been over a year since that show was on

digitaldean
08-31-2013, 08:15 PM
why'd ya pick amazon over netflix? why is it better?

For my tastes, I thought the movie choices were similar and rotation quality were ok. Since I used amazon so much, I thought Netflix was a duplication. My wife was laid off at time also so I had to cut corners everywhere. Now that she has a job I MIGHT look at redbox digital or will consider netflix if their rotation improves.

Iron Mike
08-31-2013, 08:22 PM

so the question is, is george hot, or not? sometimes i'm like, "oh man, the things i'd do to her", then the next minute i'm like "butter face"

Seems pretty hot to me:

http://ilarge.listal.com/image/1389301/936full-ellen-muth.jpg

George Cumby
09-05-2013, 09:14 PM

so the question is, is george hot, not?

I'm pretty sure you would find me to be Un-hot.

GrnBay007
09-05-2013, 11:36 PM
feels like its been over a year since that show was on

Charlie Hunnam (Jax) is going to be playing Christian in Fifty Shades of Grey movie.....ohh la la!!!!!!