PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Williams knee

Guiness
08-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Reggie Williams, long time Bengals linebacker is in pretty bad shape - his knee is a mess, got infected after some surgeries and the team is pretty much ignoring him.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/NFL/2013/08/28/21082181.html

He blames it on the Astroturf, and it's hard to argue that running around on the carpet stretched over cement for all those years didn't mess up some guys joints pretty bad.

red
08-28-2013, 06:32 PM
i think a lot of the old time players should be suing because of astro turf being used everywhere

i mean who the hell thought that was a good idea? its exactly like you said, carpet, with a half inch of foam, over concrete. its beyond stupid

the lawsuits should be aimed at the astro turf companies and the teams and stadiums that used the shit

bobblehead
08-28-2013, 06:59 PM
I once bounced a golf ball on astro turf. Not too hard, and it bounced over my head. I had read that it would, I didn't believe it until I saw it. Grateful that I never played on it.

Fritz
08-29-2013, 02:00 PM
I ran on it once at the old Pontiac Silverdome. It was as hard as....cement. I cannot imagine being bone-crushed into it.

digitaldean
08-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Especially bad surfaces had to be the Vet in Philly and the Astrodome (which had huge gaps in seams). Like playing on asphalt.

hoosier
08-29-2013, 07:43 PM
I played a game on Camp Randall astroturf back in the 1980s. It was no different than playing on the thin green rug in my parents' unfinished basement.