PDA

View Full Version : Predict The Packers Win/Loss Record

Joemailman
08-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Poll to follow.

mraynrand
08-30-2013, 10:46 AM
10-6. I wanted to give them 11, but it's hard to do with absolutely no data from the preseason to go on.

Joemailman
08-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Like last year, start out with a loss to the 49ers, and finish 11-5.

Maxie the Taxi
08-30-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm thinking the OL is going to disappoint. 9-7

RashanGary
08-30-2013, 11:29 AM
I said 13-3. I think we have an amazing team this year. Our DL is worlds stronger. Our OL is the same. Our running back is better. We're going to rip it up!!

mraynrand
08-30-2013, 11:38 AM
I said 13-3. I think we have an amazing team this year. Our DL is worlds stronger. Our OL is the same. Our running back is better. We're going to rip it up!!

Oh YEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Gimme some of that Kool Aide!!!

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/33/10/17bada23b9fb24bb97019e089b803f2b-fat-guy-paints-himself-as-kool-aid-man.jpg

pbmax
08-30-2013, 12:11 PM
12-3-1

Pugger
08-30-2013, 12:48 PM
One? Who are we gonna tie??

denverYooper
08-30-2013, 01:20 PM
With Rodgers healthy, this is at least a 10 win team.

I say the offense struggles early and the defense steps up. They'll get some breaks though and go 12-4.

Fritz
08-30-2013, 02:01 PM
15-5 could be nice.

wist43
08-30-2013, 05:30 PM

If they don't improve, couple of things will likely happen - neither is good.

1) Rodgers will get beat down and miss games

2) To save Rodgers life, MM will pare things back and our "high flying" offense will be reduced to branch jumpers

If you can't protect or run block?? Your whole offense is going to struggle.

wist43
08-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Oh YEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Gimme some of that Kool Aide!!!

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/33/10/17bada23b9fb24bb97019e089b803f2b-fat-guy-paints-himself-as-kool-aid-man.jpg

Don't post disturbing shit like that - good grief, have some decency man!!!

wist43
08-30-2013, 05:42 PM
http://www.hotbloggirls.com/wp-content/uploads/hot-longlegged-asian.jpg

There - taste, beauty, and decency restored.

Edit: I voted 10-6

10-6 and 1st round playoff exit.

RashanGary
08-30-2013, 05:43 PM
She looks 16, you pervert :) :)

P.S. I'm kinda dating a 22 year old ;) ;)

wist43
08-30-2013, 05:49 PM
She looks 16, you pervert :) :)

P.S. I'm kinda dating a 22 year old ;) ;)

Asians always look younger than they are - I agree with Frank Sinatra, "I'd never be married to a woman old enough to be my wife" :)

Wife #2 will work out long term though, coz by the time she gets old enough for me to want to trade her in - I'll be pretty close to the grave and not give a shit about having a hot wife :)

Have a hot sister-in-law wants to move to the states if anyone's interested, lol... have to have money though - and no fat guys. That will knock the PackerRat prospects down to about nil, lol...

King Friday
08-30-2013, 09:06 PM
10 wins seems right. Can't see us reaching elite status with the OL we will be trotting out there.

denverYooper
08-30-2013, 09:40 PM
10 wins seems right. Can't see us reaching elite status with the OL we will be trotting out there.

Didn't stop Pittsburgh from winning a couple of Superbowls.

pbmax
08-30-2013, 09:53 PM
No one wants to remember Pittsburgh second Super Bowl win, the one that featured passing, a porous O line and terrible run game.

Everyone wants to remember the Bus.

mraynrand
08-30-2013, 10:38 PM

I don't

Pugger
08-31-2013, 07:22 AM
If you read this forum long enough you'll think we'll be lucky to not be in the NFCN cellar.

Upnorth
08-31-2013, 07:56 AM
No one wants to remember Pittsburgh second Super Bowl win, the one that featured passing, a porous O line and terrible run game.

I just remembered the first sb gift to the steelers and until week three of last year I felt bad for the seahawks.
I think we'll go 15-4 after week one .

Willard
08-31-2013, 09:43 AM
I voted 10-6. Then inspired play in Jan & Feb to finish 14-6!

Iron Mike
08-31-2013, 10:30 AM
One of these years, I'm gonna be right, those old Dolphins will choke on their champagne, and the rest of you will be this:

:knll:

pbmax
08-31-2013, 10:35 AM
One of these years, I'm gonna be right, those old Dolphins will choke on their champagne, and the rest of you will be this:

:knll:

Happily.

mmmdk
08-31-2013, 10:49 AM
An optimistic 9-7 and no play offs!

RashanGary
08-31-2013, 01:08 PM
An optimistic 9-7 and no play offs!

i respect your opinion alot. you've earned it over time. I think this prediction is absolutely ridiculous.

mmmdk
08-31-2013, 02:15 PM
i respect your opinion alot. you've earned it over time. I think this prediction is absolutely ridiculous.

Firstly, thanks, but I'm a half glass empty predictor!

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2013, 01:01 PM
I voted 0-16 to express my bitterness at the unjustified cutting of Jerry Miller

pbmax
09-02-2013, 02:02 PM
I voted 0-16 to express my bitterness at the unjustified cutting of Jerry Miller

Jordan you mean? :D

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2013, 02:06 PM
I was being ironic, as Skinbasket likes to note

I once had to explain to SB, who has an english and art degree from a credentialed University, what "irony" means. He was so wounded that he frequently spits-back his lesson, which is ironic.

pbmax
09-02-2013, 02:22 PM
I was being ironic, as Skinbasket likes to note

I once had to explain to SB, who has an english and art degree from a credentialed University, what "irony" means. He was so wounded that he frequently spits-back his lesson, which is ironic.

Thought I was helping the joke along, but it was non-ironically a one man show.

Smeefers
09-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I went 12-4 but that was optimistic. Our schedule is pretty brutal and there's a lot of games that we could loose. I don't see us being bottom feeders, but I could see us struggling. Of course, with my optimism, I think we'll roll out the gate hitting on all cylinders and we'll never let up. Lacy will let us pound the ball and control the clock, Mason will get his groove back and our defense will revert to the turnover machine it was a few years back.

Joemailman
09-02-2013, 03:58 PM
I think we'll roll out the gate hitting on all cylinders and we'll never let up. Lacy will let us pound the ball and control the clock, Mason will get his groove back and our defense will revert to the turnover machine it was a few years back.

That's some quality Kool-Aid right there folks.

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/green-kool-aidman.jpg

AtlPackFan
09-02-2013, 06:48 PM

This

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Thought I was helping the joke along, but it was non-ironically a one man show.
Your words were ambiguous, I guessed wrong, and now it sounds like you are put-upon. But probably I just misunderstand you again. Such is often the fate of sly jests.

jokes, like hamburger, should probably never be helped.

smuggler
09-03-2013, 02:26 AM
That's some quality Kool-Aid right there folks.

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/green-kool-aidman.jpg

POST/SIG C-C-COMBO!

mmmdk
09-22-2013, 03:48 PM
bump

Joemailman
09-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Still feeling pretty good about 11-5.

mmmdk
09-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Still feeling pretty good about 11-5.

Nice! So Pack goes 10-3 the rest of the way!? Plausible of course but this thread will get bumped again.

Joemailman
10-20-2013, 11:47 PM
My prediction of 11-5 may turn out to have been pessimistic.

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2013, 12:22 AM
My prediction of 11-5 may turn out to have been pessimistic.

My prediction, as well.

ThunderDan
10-21-2013, 09:19 AM
I think I voted 12-4 but don't remember. Is there a way to figure out what you voted for?

pbmax
10-21-2013, 09:23 AM
I think I voted 12-4 but don't remember. Is there a way to figure out what you voted for?

Click on one of the totals for a poll choice on the far right. If not zero, they are links to the voters in the poll.

ThunderDan
10-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Click on one of the totals for a poll choice on the far right. If not zero, they are links to the voters in the poll.

Hmmm.... looks like I forgot to vote.

Zool
10-21-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm surprised Rut N Strut picked 7-9. He's usually so optimistic.

Infamous
10-24-2013, 09:01 PM
10-6

mmmdk
11-08-2013, 02:43 PM
The Packers actually have been better than I expected, I still think Packers is not balanced enough to be a true contender and now Aaron Rodgers is out for 3½-6 weeks.
No way then!
Packers went 5-2 with Rodgers at the helm fulltime, then he got injured and Packers will be hard pressed to go 6-2 as some suggest. I'd say: no frackin' way but I want Packers to win every week - regardless of my own predictions. :-)

HarveyWallbangers
11-08-2013, 02:59 PM
My prediction was based on the assumption that Rodgers stayed healthy, and I think I was pessimistic at 11-5. Before the injury, I was starting to think 12-4 was more realistic.

denverYooper
11-08-2013, 03:19 PM
The Packers actually have been better than I expected, I still think Packers is not balanced enough to be a true contender and now Aaron Rodgers is out for 3½-6 weeks.
No way then!
Packers went 5-2 with Rodgers at the helm fulltime, then he got injured and Packers will be hard pressed to go 6-2 as some suggest. I'd say: no frackin' way but I want Packers to win every week - regardless of my own predictions. :-)

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I think Rodgers tries to get back sooner if they lose the next 3. Should that happen, I think they see Detroit as the start of their playoffs and there's a good chance he plays. The team under M3 has always set the magic number at 10 wins and they'd need to win out at that point.

That said, I think they will win at least 1 under Wallace.

mmmdk
11-08-2013, 03:21 PM
My prediction was based on the assumption that Rodgers stayed healthy, and I think I was pessimistic at 11-5. Before the injury, I was starting to think 12-4 was more realistic.

No problem with your prediction but we've all been spoiled with more than 20 years of no injuries to our QBs...and we've only had two of'em. Other NFL teams/fans look at their # 2 QB with more serious eyes. Football is a violent sport and injuries is a huge part of being successful or not - especially at the QB position. Injuries are a big part of the equation in any football prediction, I'd say. Look at various game threads the last few seasons and you'll find sentences going "AR is getting killed", "Our OL can't protect AR", "AR is holding the rock to long". This season the OL has done much better than expected and then AR gets injured - go figure!

Upnorth
11-08-2013, 03:28 PM

What he said.

As an short add on I just hope we are .500 when Arod is injured because anything less and we maybe out of the playoffs.

HarveyWallbangers
11-08-2013, 03:35 PM
No problem with your prediction but we've all been spoiled with more than 20 years of no injuries to our QBs...and we've only had two of'em. Other NFL teams/fans look at their # 2 QB with more serious eyes. Football is a violent sport and injuries is a huge part of being successful or not - especially at the QB position. Injuries are a big part of the equation in any football prediction, I'd say. Look at various game threads the last few seasons and you'll find sentences going "AR is getting killed", "Our OL can't protect AR", "AR is holding the rock to long". This season the OL has done much better than expected and then AR gets injured - go figure!

I don't think most people make their predictions figuring their most indispensable player would get injured for 4-5 games. I could have put a caveat on it, but what's the fun in that. This team was actually exceeding my expectations in most aspects. I think pass defense was worse than I expected, but run offense and run defense were better than I expected and pass offense was what we had come to expect. That's despite all of the injuries and two close, tough losses on the road against San Fran and Cincy. Without the injuries I think this team was talented enough to win the Super Bowl, and it would be a shame if they didn't get a chance to compete in the playoffs.

Upnorth
11-08-2013, 04:06 PM
The fact that early in the season with yet another new oline we played two elite teams to the final buzzer added to the fact we have a run game and had a weak schedual when we were injured had me thinking superbowl run again once we started getting everyone back. Now Im not sure we can make the playoffs unless we get healthy before sunday to make up for loosing arod.

woodbuck27
11-08-2013, 06:57 PM

How sadly things have changed.

Has the Packer season blown up?

pbmax
11-08-2013, 10:04 PM
For the record I think wist is really ill given he has not been here after the loss and Rodgers injury to help cheer us up.

George Cumby
11-09-2013, 12:44 AM
For the record I think wist is really ill given he has not been here after the loss and Rodgers injury to help cheer us up.

As tiresome as his naysaying can be, I hope that's not the case. If so, he has my sincerest wishes for a full and swift recovery.

Be well, Wist.

Pugger
11-09-2013, 09:37 AM

I still think AR got injured because he landed just right (or wrong) on his shoulder with the ball underneath him and 2 bear players on top. Wasn't Aaron rolling out to his right to find a receiver like he often does? If this break in his collarbone is just a hairline crack he just might be back by Thanksgiving but I'm not banking on that. We all gotta hope we can play .500 ball until his return.

woodbuck27
11-09-2013, 10:07 AM
I still think AR got injured because he landed just right (or wrong) on his shoulder with the ball underneath him and 2 bear players on top. Wasn't Aaron rolling out to his right to find a receiver like he often does? If this break in his collarbone is just a hairline crack he just might be back by Thanksgiving but I'm not banking on that. We all gotta hope we can play .500 ball until his return.

Here's more specifics on AR's collarbone injury:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1840542-breaking-down-aaron-rodgers-collarbone-injury

Breaking Down Aaron Rodgers' Collarbone Injury

By Will Carroll (Sports Injuries Lead Writer) on November 6, 2013

mmmdk
11-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Packers won a SB win a ton of injuries and AR at QB.

We're back to having injuries but now AR is also one of the injured.

Remember the Colts when they lost P. Mannning to injury and went 2-14 ?

Now Packer country knows how that feels. Or ask any other NFC North team - they've been Struck by injuries to their QBs too and they were not as good as AR.

Ignoring injuries is being ignorant...and being spoiled.

denverYooper
11-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Packers won a SB win a ton of injuries and AR at QB.

We're back to having injuries but now AR is also one of the injured.

Remember the Colts when they lost P. Mannning to injury and went 2-14 ?

Now Packer country knows how that feels. Or ask any other NFC North team - they've been Struck by injuries to their QBs too and they were not as good as AR.

Ignoring injuries is being ignorant...and being spoiled.

This is a great point. We have been very spoiled as fans with 20 years' worth of consistently excellent QB play.

But what have you done for us lately?