PDA

View Full Version : Here comes the cuts

Pages : 1 [2]

bobblehead
08-31-2013, 10:58 PM
Yes, but I am with Brandon I expect to see him on the PS. He is just the kind of player who will get there. Bad tape in abundance.

yea, perfect PS guy. He can't really help a team on an active roster unless he were lights out on ST, but his athletic ability makes you want to work with him for a year.

swede
08-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Miller showed very well - seriously doubt he will clear waivers. Boyd showed less than nothing. TT just kept him b/c he was a draft pick. In anything I've seen of Boyd - going back to college games I looked at of him, I have yet to see him make a single play, or get off a single block.

You don't cut superior players, and keep inferior players, just to save face over a low round draft pick.

This was stupid on top of shit.

That was my thought.

bobblehead
08-31-2013, 11:02 PM
I think Boyd vs Miller is the wrong argument here. If my count is correct, TT kept 8 OL and 8 DL. Given the relative talent level of the 2 groups, he could have kept 9 DL and 7 OL. It's hard to justify keeping 8 on the OL. Only 6 were really worth keeping, although I agree you have to keep 7, at least until Sherrod is ready to play. I don't have a problem so much with keeping Boyd. The Packers are a draft and develop team. Some guys need more than a month to develop. I just find it hard to justify keeping both Van Roten and Taylor.

this is my thinking. We don't even have 7 OL worthy of a roster spot in the NFL. Ravished by injuries, not blaming TT necessarily, but it is what it is, we are thinner than a meth head.

Jimx29
09-01-2013, 12:45 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/bja528.jpg

NewsBruin
09-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Surprised with all their cuts, the Raiders kept both punters, Kluwe and King (younger and better preseason measurables).

Vikes kept FB Zach Line (for now), an undrafted converted HB from SMU who's part of a one-year committed piece from Peter King's MMQB site.

I've liked David Gettis since he put on a Baylor cap during the Army high-school all-star game. Maybe once he heals, he'll get a call-up to be a cheap WR for the Redskins.

Sure looks.like we'll have a plentiful, if not good, FA QB crop to play around with.

wist43
09-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un4G7nteB2Q

Probably hard to see with your hands over your eyes

What is the first thing that jumps out at you in the clip ayn??

The first thing that jumped out at me was - 'gee, he looks awfully svelt there' :cnf:

So, based on observation #1, a question arises - when was that game played?? Did he put on 70 lbs of gut from the end of the college season to the combine??

No, he put on 70 lbs of gut from the time that game was played (Oct. 23, 2010) to today.

Think maybe that 70 lbs of gut slowed him down a bit??

wist43
09-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Surprised with all their cuts, the Raiders kept both punters, Kluwe and King (younger and better preseason measurables).

Vikes kept FB Zach Line (for now), an undrafted converted HB from SMU who's part of a one-year committed piece from Peter King's MMQB site.

I've liked David Gettis since he put on a Baylor cap during the Army high-school all-star game. Maybe once he heals, he'll get a call-up to be a cheap WR for the Redskins.

Sure looks.like we'll have a plentiful, if not good, FA QB crop to play around with.

Keeping Kluwe makes sense in terms of public relations.

Think about it - Mr. Cheerleader for all things gay, the Bay Area, a shitty team in need of ticket sales and hype??

Still, Kluwe is a pretty shitty punter - it will be hard for them to carry him for long, at least justified on his ability. He's a mouthy prima donna though, I'll give him that, and that will certainly appeal to the gay community in the area.

Fritz
09-01-2013, 09:02 AM

Okay, this just made me and my girlfriend laugh out loud. And she hardly knows anything about football, though maybe she knows a lot about God.

gbgary
09-01-2013, 10:06 AM

lol

NewsBruin
09-01-2013, 10:17 AM
So, if we keep Mulumba and Shields and others, does that speak to Ted's smug ego of keeping undrafted players he sniffed out > Ted's smug ego of keeping drafted players? I want to prioritize my overgeneralized narratives properly.

(I thought we had a good rep among agents as a place for UDFAs to get a fair shake.)

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Okay, this just made me and my girlfriend laugh out loud. And she hardly knows anything about football, though maybe she knows a lot about God.

Screaming for Him during sex is not the same as knowing Him.

gbgary
09-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Screaming for Him during sex is not the same as knowing Him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmuJb30cigQ

mraynrand
09-01-2013, 10:40 AM

God humbles the exalted and exalts the humbled

mraynrand
09-01-2013, 10:40 AM
So, if we keep Mulumba and Shields and others, does that speak to Ted's smug ego of keeping undrafted players he sniffed out > Ted's smug ego of keeping drafted players? I want to prioritize my overgeneralized narratives properly.

(I thought we had a good rep among agents as a place for UDFAs to get a fair shake.)

LOL

pbmax
09-01-2013, 10:41 AM
The exact word used to describe Allen Barbre, as I recall.

I didn't notice any mauled defensive linemen in the preseason 2nd halves.

Barbre was a brawler. Taylor is almost exactly the physical opposite. All size and anchor, not athletic like Barbre.

run pMc
09-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Don't know a thing about that center from TEN, but maybe he's worth a look. Doubt TT does though -- I think he rolls with Van Rot(t)en until Tretter comes off the PUP. Agree B.J.Coleman is a placeholder for another QB...for some reason Trent Edwards and David Carr jumped out to me, probably from bad fantasy football flashbacks from 5 years ago. I honestly have few ideas what TT is up to, which is SOP and doesn't surprise me. I'm sure they have a few irons in the fire and are working on them.

The Miller vs. Boyd thing isn't a huge deal to me since (as others have said) they probably won't see many if any snaps. Jolly should get those snaps instead. Miller outplayed Boyd, but Boyd has that dreaded "potential", he's a draft pick, and he has better size than Miller. A lot of teams will pass on Miller because he's Mike Daniels sized, and those guys can get swallowed up/stonewalled in the trenches by 6-6 OLinemen. Besides, having two DL that size makes Bob McGinn write incessantly about needing to get bigger, etc., and that debate jumped the shark months ago.

run pMc
09-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Was just going to ask about practice squad updates when I saw this thread:
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?25795-2013-Practice-Squad

Fritz
09-01-2013, 11:52 AM
What is the first thing that jumps out at you in the clip ayn??

The first thing that jumped out at me was - 'gee, he looks awfully svelt there' :cnf:

So, based on observation #1, a question arises - when was that game played?? Did he put on 70 lbs of gut from the end of the college season to the combine??

No, he put on 70 lbs of gut from the time that game was played (Oct. 23, 2010) to today.

Think maybe that 70 lbs of gut slowed him down a bit??

Your original claim is that "I have yet to see him make a single play," and you included college and pros.

Someone showed you a play he made, which you promptly discounted.

Just as you discounted the Packers' SB and any subsequent success.

Obviously, if it doesn't fit your preconceived notions, you simply discount or disregard.

wist43
09-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Your original claim is that "I have yet to see him make a single play," and you included college and pros.

Someone showed you a play he made, which you promptly discounted.

Just as you discounted the Packers' SB and any subsequent success.

Obviously, if it doesn't fit your preconceived notions, you simply discount or disregard.

It was from 3 freaking years ago - good grief; the kids pubes hadn't even grown in yet.

Get a clue.

pbmax
09-01-2013, 01:56 PM
It was from 3 freaking years ago - good grief; the kids pubes hadn't even grown in yet.

Get a clue.

While we are looking for a clue, I would also like to see documentation that Boyd has gained 70 pounds. :lol:

pbmax
09-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Thompson PC Sunday, post 53 cutdown, pre-practice squad announcements

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m
"Quite frankly, it probably wasn't fair to Vince (Young.) TT takes blame for not getting him earlier. Humble, good guy. Enjoyed his time.

pbmax
09-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 2m
TT: You're always light at some spots, when asked about only keeping 4 RBs on roster.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 1m
TT: Jolly is real natural football player. He loves to play game. He's infectious with our team. Natural lead by example player.

TT: I liked Jolly before he was here, I like him now.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 2m
TT: Why give Jolly chance? Lot of things. Some fellas on team came to me and said they would like him back as teammate. Coaches like him.

TT: Jolly had a lot of admirers here, and he's a good football player.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 3m
TT: Coleman has continued to grow and get better. We're all trying to get better.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m
Thompson said youth isn't a big deal in roster determinations, even though they've been perpetually young.

TT: We think Coleman is capable of going into a game if Aaron Rodgers goes down and winning it.

TT on Banjo: Plays hard, plays fast. He's a good football player. That and he went to SMU.

TT: Sometimes you make some decisions partly on potential, but for most part it's let's go win a game.

TT thought Mulligan was good player. But Quarless and Bostick had "body types, length, pass-catching ability ... that sort of thing."

Patler
09-01-2013, 02:29 PM
TT thought Mulligan was good player. But Quarless and Bostick had "body types, length, pass-catching ability ... that sort of thing."

...and all that talk about dedication to running the ball better was just PR crap anyway!

Bretsky
09-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Bretsky is out celebrating Bucky's devouring of a cupcake.

I am just reovering from a long night of Red like drinking after the Badger game ! Met many UW Hottied last night. I don not recover like I used to. BTW.........GARY ANDERSON IS THE REAL DEAL

Fritz
09-01-2013, 03:13 PM

Get a clue.

Like I said, someone gave an example that contradicted your claim. You then tried to make the example somehow not count.

I'm just asking for you to acknowledge that your claim was a bit extreme.

denverYooper
09-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Like I said, someone gave an example that contradicted your claim. You then tried to make the example somehow not count.

A.) Make ridiculous overgeneralization setting up easily refuted claim.
B.) Respond to a solid Proof by Counterexample with a redirection to an irrelevant appeal.
C.) Respond to second source noting the violation in B with ad hominem attacks
D.) ???

As Spock would say...

wist43
09-01-2013, 04:53 PM

LOL... I'll grant you guys this much - you are as relentless in Kool-Aidism, as I am in glass is half emptyism.

My claim was that I have not seen him make a play... how can anyone other than myself possibly contradict that claim?? :huh:

ThunderDan
09-01-2013, 05:15 PM
God humbles the exalted and exalts the humbled

I see you went to church today as that was one of the readings.

mraynrand
09-01-2013, 07:25 PM
I see you went to church today as that was one of the readings.

It's funny how that works. I was looking for the perfect response to the (continuing) ridicule of Tebow, and there is was, right in front of me. And it's even more beautiful, because it applies whether Tebow is humble or not, or whether various Packerrats are or are not. Since I don't know another's heart, I can just leave it to God.

Brandon494
09-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Seneca Wallace?

Bump! Do I get a cookie? :p

Smeefers
09-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Is anyone as pumped as I am that Jolly made the roster?

Joemailman
09-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Is anyone as pumped as I am that Jolly made the roster?

I'll bet Jolly is.

Patler
09-03-2013, 02:36 AM
A lot of talk in here about Jordan Miller being released, the likelihood of him being claimed on waivers, etc. So far, he has not been claimed on waivers, signed by anyone as a street free agent, or signed to anyone's practice squad even though he should be eligible for a third year on PS. It appears the Packers haven't offered him a PS spot either.

mraynrand
09-03-2013, 07:13 AM
A lot of talk in here about Jordan Miller being released, the likelihood of him being claimed on waivers, etc. So far, he has not been claimed on waivers, signed by anyone as a street free agent, or signed to anyone's practice squad even though he should be eligible for a third year on PS. It appears the Packers haven't offered him a PS spot either.

I bet he is moving some items around Wist's garage.