PDA

View Full Version : How Will The Packers Do In The Postseason?

Joemailman
09-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Poll to follow.

pbmax
09-01-2013, 04:49 PM
The Preseason is for Kool Aid.

denverYooper
09-01-2013, 07:49 PM
The postseason is for Buffalo Trace.

Tony Oday
09-01-2013, 07:58 PM
13-3 on the road to SB champs.

wist43
09-01-2013, 08:05 PM
- We know the OL is junk, and we won't be able to run the ball.
- If Rodgers goes down, we're sunk.
- The schedule is very tough.

All of those things nothwithstanding - it has to come down to Capers. We have the talent to be a decent defense, and if Rodgers were to miss time we would need to rely on the defense to carry us - we'll see.

Still, Capers probably can't help himself, as too much spray paint has seeped into his brain - 1 and done in the playoffs.

Jimx29
09-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Poll to follow.

Don't you be following me with no poll :shock:

bobblehead
09-02-2013, 04:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

This seemed so appropriate :)

Pugger
09-02-2013, 06:34 AM

All of those things nothwithstanding - it has to come down to Capers. We have the talent to be a decent defense, and if Rodgers were to miss time we would need to rely on the defense to carry us - we'll see.

Still, Capers probably can't help himself, as too much spray paint has seeped into his brain - 1 and done in the playoffs.

I'm a little surprised you think we'll get into the playoffs.

swede
09-02-2013, 08:52 AM
I think ATLPackFan and mmmdk thought "Miss the playoffs" meant that they would have to DVR the games due to scheduling conflicts.

Any other interpretation would be inconceivable.

mraynrand
09-02-2013, 11:08 AM
One (win) and done. They are no better than last year, until proven otherwise.

mraynrand
09-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Apparently due to her success in last year's college offseason, The NFL is designating Katherine Webb NFL's 2013 "Miss ThePlayoffs"

http://cdn.stripersonline.com/8/8e/1000x1000px-LL-8eec4337_katherine-webb.jpeg

Joemailman
01-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Well, 14 of 17 still have a chance to get their pick right. The Kool-Aid was flowing in early September!

pbmax
01-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Don't be mistaken, if they get to the second round because of my attendance tomorrow, I am taking full credit, Super Bowl or not.

denverYooper
01-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Don't be mistaken, if they get to the second round because of my attendance tomorrow, I am taking full credit, Super Bowl or not.

And then we'll have to get busy trying to figure out how to get you out to Seattle for the next game.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Apparently due to her success in last year's college offseason, The NFL is designating Katherine Webb NFL's 2013 "Miss ThePlayoffs"

DAMN!!! Signed Old_but_not_dead_yet

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 03:22 PM
I think ATLPackFan and mmmdk thought "Miss the playoffs" meant that they would have to DVR the games due to scheduling conflicts.

Any other interpretation would be inconceivable.

Hey Swede ..........where are YOU Eh?

The Spirit of an Olympic :flm: for the GREEN BAY PACKERS at HOME in Lambeau Field :flm:.

49ers Eh !... add it up !!

4 + 9 = You've got it ...Unlucky for them tomorrow '13'.

LOCK IT DOWN Packerrats !

GO PACKERS...GO PACK GO !

Freak Out
01-04-2014, 03:23 PM

I have never witnessed a win while attending a game in GB....so I'm somewhat happy I wasn't able to attend. :) If they win it tomorrow we'll give you some credit.

Freak Out
01-04-2014, 03:24 PM
And then we'll have to get busy trying to figure out how to get you out to Seattle for the next game.

I'll take care of that one. :)

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 03:27 PM

Ohh My LORD !!!!!

IS THAT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN on the planet? OHH ! OHH !! My POOR HEART !!!!

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 03:29 PM
I'll take care of that one. :)

$$$$$$ YOU MUST BE A FISHERMAN $$$$$$.

wist43
01-04-2014, 04:34 PM

Interesting season from when this thread was started and I posted this...

We actually mustered up a running game. I missed most of the season, so I can't analyze it. I know Lacy has been very solid though - the OL appears to have improved. I did notice some pulling and trapping in the last game, so if anyone has noticed that throughout the season, let me know.

Rodgers did go down for a stretch, and we should have been toast, but Detroit and Chicago couldn't stand success. We went 2-5-1 during Rodgers absence and still made the playoffs - that's amazing.

Now that we're in the playoffs, I think most everyone agrees... it comes down to Capers and our defense. Still hate Capers as much as I ever did - best case scenario for me?? Win the Superbowl, but still fire Capers anyway, lol :)

Joemailman
01-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Interesting season from when this thread was started and I posted this...

We actually mustered up a running game. I missed most of the season, so I can't analyze it. I know Lacy has been very solid though - the OL appears to have improved. I did notice some pulling and trapping in the last game, so if anyone has noticed that throughout the season, let me know.

Rodgers did go down for a stretch, and we should have been toast, but Detroit and Chicago couldn't stand success. We went 2-5-1 during Rodgers absence and still made the playoffs - that's amazing.

Now that we're in the playoffs, I think most everyone agrees... it comes down to Capers and our defense. Still hate Capers as much as I ever did - best case scenario for me?? Win the Superbowl, but still fire Capers anyway, lol :)

I have noticed it more this year. However, it did seem that they were doing it even more against the Bears in that last game. Hope it continues.

Smeefers
01-04-2014, 09:22 PM
I've seen some power running plays, but Lacy has the patience to let the zone blocking to develop and the power to push through the first tackle. They have better luck on the power run plays though. Great prediction.

pbmax
01-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Lacy can be both a power running and a zone, one cut back. He is better at power. He can be hampered by poor choices in turning outside, though he does't of that too often. He is more dynamic after contact that anyone they have had since Green.

Starks is still the best zone back the Packers have had. Once he plants a foot, his acceleration is remarkable. He has not demonstrated the game and a half he needs to warm up to choosing holes that he has demonstrated before he has been efficient and decisive. He's pretty tough, doesn't go down on first contact and falls forward. Not as strong as Lacy (he is taller and takes some terrific hits when upright) but you can have almost two different run games with them.

Neither is Harris as a receiver, though Lacy and Starks aren't terrible. Both will drop the occasional catchable ball.

The one thing the Packers have going for them on D is that they have forced punts and turnovers in the second half of games again. They have kept the offense in the game in the latter part of this season. Part of that is Tramontana and Shields are playing as well as they have all season.

woodbuck27
01-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Lacy can be both a power running and a zone, one cut back. He is better at power. He can be hampered by poor choices in turning outside, though he does't of that too often. He is more dynamic after contact that anyone they have had since Green.

Starks is still the best zone back the Packers have had. Once he plants a foot, his acceleration is remarkable. He has not demonstrated the game and a half he needs to warm up to choosing holes that he has demonstrated before he has been efficient and decisive. He's pretty tough, doesn't go down on first contact and falls forward. Not as strong as Lacy (he is taller and takes some terrific hits when upright) but you can have almost two different run games with them.

Neither is Harris as a receiver, though Lacy and Starks aren't terrible. Both will drop the occasional catchable ball.

The one thing the Packers have going for them on D is that they have forced punts and turnovers in the second half of games again. They have kept the offense in the game in the latter part of this season. Part of that is Tramontana and Shields are playing as well as they have all season.

Yup.

We win today.

bobblehead
01-05-2014, 10:32 AM

And part of it is that after giving MD the start they replace him with Richardson at halftime of every game...maybe its time to actually start the guy.

Pugger
01-05-2014, 12:10 PM

My goodness, what a pretty woman!!

KYPack
01-05-2014, 12:13 PM
My goodness, what a pretty woman!!

That's what I wuz thinkin', Pug!

Pugger
01-05-2014, 12:18 PM
If we think back to before Rodgers got hurt our D wasn't as terrible as it was when we had Tolzien or Flynn in there. I suspect teams were having issues who to go after - Lacy or Rodgers. I hope this helps us today again too. If we can give Aaron time the 9ers secondary is a definite weakness we can exploit.

Joemailman
01-05-2014, 02:30 PM
If Bakhtiari is ready for this matchup, I think the Packers have a chance.

Infamous
01-05-2014, 02:51 PM
That's what I wuz thinkin', Pug!

C'mon..you guys are better than that! On the internet obsessing over ONE good looking woman?? Want me to guide you to other areas online wherein you can find some lookers sans the light blue cotton pieces? lol lol

Shes certainly a hottie though, but most bros like 'em a wee-bit thicker! augmentation or not.. hehe

Joemailman
01-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Wist is the only winner!