PDA

View Full Version : Packers release QB B.J. Coleman

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Cobb should be the backup

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130902/PKR0101/130902002/Packers-release-QB-B-J-Coleman-

Pugger
09-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Holy chit! Was I wrong. I thought because they signed Tolzien we were gonna go with Coleman has Rodger's backup. Cobb won't be the backup. I wonder who in the hell they have on their radar??

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod

Thompson's former draft pick RT @AdamSchefter And Ed Werder is reporting the Packers have signed QB Seneca Wallace to back up Aaron Rodgers.

pbmax
09-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Well, Ted has a nervous system after all. Also, more help in prepping for the 49ers!

Pugger
09-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Seneca Wallace? :shock:

Fritz
09-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Well, Ted has a nervous system after all. Also, more help in prepping for the 49ers!

So they have given up on Coleman. Who said he'd go down as the best 7th round pick ever. Doh!

No practice squad for the Beej, huh?

pbmax
09-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Wes Hod's article explains his source doesn't think the Packers are holding a spot open for him on the PS. But its early and they haven't even filled it yet, so there is time.

Joemailman
09-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Well, TT did draft the guy 10 years ago. :-D

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Trivia alert:

B.J. Coleman now joins the list of Packer QBs. He was on the active roster.

Also, Coleman joins an illustrious list of former Packers named "BJ"

wist43
09-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Seneca Wallace? :shock:

That was my reaction too, lol...

In the end, who cares - it's the backup QB. If Rodgers goes down, so does our season.

That said, for GB, the backup QB position should be a developmental endeavor - always looking to develop and deal. When the franchise QB nears the end, draft his replacement and go from there.

The Packers, since Ron Wolf came on board, have done a very good job of this.

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Actually, Seneca Wallace has turned into a pretty damn good backup QB. He's A LOT better than Graham Harrell and probably more able to quickly pick up GB's offense than VY.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6446/

I think the Packers decided Coleman wasn't worth developing anymore. I tend to agree with them. I just didn't see the accuracy that is necessary for this offense.

The developmental guy is now Tolzien. He's on the practice squad. That's the way the Packers have rolled. Coleman was on PS last year. Tolzien has just became the developmental guy over Coleman. For now, anyways.

I really don't see much to complain about with this move really--unless you are a big believer in Coleman. I was kind of interested in Tyler Wilson, but I guess if the Raiders cut you, you must be pretty awful.