PDA

View Full Version : Game Previews: Week 1

pbmax
09-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Read them all to find out why Jerry Jones is a hipster with a limp zucchini. Also a man who understands that the biggest trouble for the Packers this season might be their offense.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/59667998/

Fritz
09-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Lions are actually favored by four-and-a-half against the Queens; this mystifies me.

Do people think Christian Ponder will be that bad?

Pugger
09-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Why do so many folks think our offense is gonna tank with the loss of Jennings and Driver? I understand the loss of Bulaga but the other 2? Not so much.

Pugger
09-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Double post.

BTW, why can't we delete posts on this forum?

Joemailman
09-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Why do so many folks think our offense is gonna tank with the loss of Jennings and Driver? I understand the loss of Bulaga but the other 2? Not so much.

Most people don't know that Driver caught 8 passes last year, or that the Packers were 6-1 in the games Jennings missed last year. If Nelson and Cobb are rusty this week after missing the preseason, the offense may struggle, but long term they'll fine.

By the way, I think pbmax somewhat misrepresented what the author was saying. I think he was saying the Packers offense could struggle this week, not necessarily this year.

denverYooper
09-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Most people don't know that Driver caught 8 passes last year, or that the Packers were 6-1 in the games Jennings missed last year. If Nelson and Cobb are rusty this week after missing the preseason, the offense may struggle, but long term they'll fine.

By the way, I think pbmax somewhat misrepresented what the author was saying. I think he was saying the Packers offense could struggle this week, not necessarily this year.

Lotta new parts to that thing this year. At least James Jones has been a rock. At this point, Lacy + the new iteration of the OL could go a lot of different ways. Hopefully Rodgers watched Manning last night though, and took a cue to just get the ball out quick when he drops back to pass.

mraynrand
09-06-2013, 09:01 AM

The loss of Tom Crabtree is the straw that broke the camel's back

pbmax
09-06-2013, 09:03 AM

This is correct. pbmax thinks the offense might struggle for something like 6 games this season and the defense, for the first time in a long time, might outplay it in some games. Due mostly to questions about the Offensive Line and the new running backs. Only further injuries would make Jennings or Driver applicable.

pbmax is hopeful that after the O line starts to gel, the problems with Cover 2 dry up and they get on another roll.

denverYooper
09-06-2013, 09:04 AM
This is correct. pbmax thinks the offense might struggle for something like 6 games this season and the defense, for the first time in a long time, might outplay it in some games. Due mostly to questions about the Offensive Line and the new running backs. Only further injuries would make Jennings or Driver applicable.

pbmax is hopeful that after the O line starts to gel, the problems with Cover 2 dry up and they get on another roll.

Second year under Clements too. Maybe he'll find his groove.

pbmax
09-06-2013, 09:04 AM
The loss of Tom Crabtree is the straw that broke the camel's back

That's at least one ST touchdown and one other completely unexpected touchdown missing from the offense :lol:

Seriously though, McCarthy said in his remarks the other day that Quarless was looking very good.

denverYooper
09-06-2013, 09:06 AM
That's at least one ST touchdown and one other completely unexpected touchdown missing from the offense :lol:

Seriously though, McCarthy said in his remarks the other day that Quarless was looking very good.

The one catch he had in preseason was the smoothest looking catch I've seen a TE for the Packers make in years. You bring up another unknown source of hope though: if Q can block as well as he had pre-injury and he can show those hands, that'll be a big plus on the O.

pbmax
09-06-2013, 09:12 AM
The one catch he had in preseason was the smoothest looking catch I've seen a TE for the Packers make in years. You bring up another unknown source of hope though: if Q can block as well as he had pre-injury and he can show those hands, that'll be a big plus on the O.

Always loved the two TE set with Q and Fin.

All 7 series of it.

denverYooper
09-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Always loved the two TE set with Q and Fin.

All 7 series of it.

That's part of M3's dream offense. If only Starks had grown into his role as the diverse run/pass threat... maybe Lacy can get there.

Willard
09-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Second year under Clements too. Maybe he'll find his groove.
M3 misses Philbin. Machine is not as well oiled w/o Joe.

Maxie the Taxi
09-06-2013, 09:52 AM
I don't think the team has been the same since Spencer Havner left.

Bossman641
09-06-2013, 10:32 AM

Against Seattle on the bootleg from Vince? Q sure went down pretty easily though.