PDA

View Full Version : Prediction for San Fran game

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2013, 08:04 AM
I'm going 14-10 San Fran.

A very ugly game. The good news is the Packer defense is the real deal. The Packer offense not ready.

bobblehead
09-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Predictions. Pack plays more actual 3 man front and wist is a tad happier. Our D looks good. Finley has a huge game. Other than finley I swear at the offense a lot, but we still squeak out 20 points. So in conclusion if you combine my post and Harlans, Pack wins 20-14.

Fritz
09-07-2013, 08:31 AM
I think the Packer defense will be better than it was last year, but the Packer offensive line will get smoked. And I think it's possible we'll all cry out in pain as MM calls pass after pass because he thinks he sees a weakness in the SF secondary. Lacy gets only eight or ten carries, Starks gets four or five, and the Packers lose 27-20.

But there signs of hope, if the offensive line can get its shit together and nobody gets hurt.

KalamazooPackerFan
09-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Alot of anxiety about this game but hope springs eternal at the start of every season and we have more reason for optimism than most teams.........Packers 31, Niners 21.

Tony Oday
09-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Packers cruise to a 38-10 win. AR marches the team to four TDs and thugenick gets picked for six.

Pugger
09-07-2013, 09:57 AM
I've been doing some thinking (yes, I know - that can be a dangerous thing :lol:) but this O line of ours is almost the same as the one we had in January save the LT and I thought we moved the ball pretty decently against SF until the game got out of hand in the 3rd. I would guess most here think Bak is better than Newhouse. It is a shame David has to face SF in his first regular season game, however. It is darn hard to win on the road on opening Sunday so I think SF is going to win but it won't be the bloodbath a lot of pundits think it will. SF 28, GB 24.

swede
09-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I've been doing some thinking (yes, I know - that can be a dangerous thing :lol:) but this O line of ours is almost the same as the one we had in January save the LT and I thought we moved the ball pretty decently against SF until the game got out of hand in the 3rd. I would guess most here think Bak is better than Newhouse. It is a shame David has to face SF in his first regular season game, however. It is darn hard to win on the road on opening Sunday so I think SF is going to win but it won't be the bloodbath a lot of pundits think it will. SF 28, GB 24.

I agree with your o-line assessment, that we are a tad better this time, and that we will lose a close one due to the offense just missing on pass plays and game circumstances being such that we get away from the run game.

By game circumstances I mean that McCarthy will be calling the plays.

That said, who cares if we lose this one at SF. We never play well in the beginning of the season. Be prepared for twelve pre-snap penalties by GB and really bad looking 3 and outs. Look for the team to start the season 2-2 and bundle the collective undies of a freaked out Packer nation until we go on a ten game winning streak that starts with a beat down of the Ravens in game five.

We'll probably lose and look bad doing it. We'll be fine, though. Really fine.

Fritz
09-07-2013, 10:38 AM
I agree with your o-line assessment, that we are a tad better this time, and that we will lose a close one due to the offense just missing on pass plays and game circumstances being such that we get away from the run game.

By game circumstances I mean that McCarthy will be calling the plays.

That said, who cares if we lose this one at SF. We never play well in the beginning of the season. Be prepared for twelve pre-snap penalties by GB and really bad looking 3 and outs. Look for the team to start the season 2-2 and bundle the collective undies of a freaked out Packer nation until we go on a ten game winning streak that starts with a beat down of the Ravens in game five.

We'll probably lose and look bad doing it. We'll be fine, though. Really fine.

What is it with MM? He never seems to have his teams prepared very well for the beginning of the season. Except for 2011, I don't think the Packers start off very well, generally.

swede
09-07-2013, 10:40 AM
What is it with MM? He never seems to have his teams prepared very well for the beginning of the season. Except for 2011, I don't think the Packers start off very well, generally.

Cue a mutual Patlerization in which Rainman's numbers disprove our theory.

mmmdk
09-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Whiners 27 Packers 19

swede
09-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Whiners 27 Packers 19

Yeah, what I look for is the chance for the team to come out of the game angry at themselves and ticked off at the 49ers for getting the benefit of bad calls while whining for more. That bodes well for a second matchup.

I would feel bad if the game is close and they are who we thought they were and we let them off the hook.

MadtownPacker
09-07-2013, 11:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

Packers 35 - superbowl losers 31 (the no playoffs curse continues)

Patler
09-07-2013, 11:27 AM
My prediction is sunny, temperature in the high 70's, winds at 7-10 mph.

denverYooper
09-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Packers 35, fortywhiners 30 in a semi-shootout. Rodgers's new best friend is Eddie Lacy.

pbmax
09-07-2013, 11:47 AM

Its possible and yes its much the same line. Sitton will get Justin Smith and handle the twists that he runs with Aldon Smith. Lang (and I am making only an educated guess) really could struggle with E-T stunts as it happened with him at LG with both Clifton and Newhouse.

But Justin is healthy now and was barely that last winter. Bach is unproven and Sitton is on a new side. Barclay is probably better than last year and who knows about Lang. They could be better yes, but I think its going to take time and Week 1 might be too soon.

RashanGary
09-07-2013, 12:27 PM
eddie Lacy changes our offensive attack. We balance run and pass for 3 quarters when SF decides to take a couple risks. AR makes a huge play in the 4th quarter, changing the game. Kaepernick primarily stays in the pocket for most of the game. He starts to run more when they go down in the 4th quarter, but its too little too late.

Pack 23
SF 20

Fritz
09-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Your scenario hinges on MM not thinking he sees a weakness in the SF secondary that he can exploit by lining up five wide all the time.

red
09-07-2013, 01:37 PM
i have no fucking clue what to expect from our team this year, mostly because our starters only played a total of about 10 minutes in preseason because we're so fucking scared of injuries

MJZiggy
09-07-2013, 07:01 PM
i have no fucking clue what to expect from our team this year, mostly because our starters only played a total of about 10 minutes in preseason because we're so fucking scared of injuriesConsidering our injury history, can you blame us?

Rastak
09-07-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm guessing 49ers 28 Pack 17.

Tony O, my Vikings pick is Ponder throws for 8 TDs and Vikings win in a runaway. ;-)

mraynrand
09-07-2013, 10:52 PM
SF 74, GB 3. SF rolls for 759 yards and sacks Roders 11 times in 3 quarters. Seneca Wallace runs for 23 yards on 16 carries in relief. Entire Packers team is exposed as small, weak, slow, misaligned, and generally unsound.

swede
09-07-2013, 11:00 PM
SF 74, GB 3. SF rolls for 759 yards and sacks Roders 11 times in 3 quarters. Seneca Wallace runs for 23 yards on 16 carries in relief. Entire Packers team is exposed as small, weak, slow, misaligned, and generally unsound.

At least we have cheerleaders this year.

http://deltanewsweb.com/archives/images/teampic_delta_packers_mm.jpg

Jimx29
09-07-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm going 14-10 San Fran.

A very ugly game. The good news is the Packer defense is the real deal. The Packer offense not ready.

^what he said^

Iron Mike
09-08-2013, 07:35 AM

https://profile-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ash3/50254_177727224068_7630947_n.jpg

^that's Wist

Pugger
09-08-2013, 08:42 AM
i have no fucking clue what to expect from our team this year, mostly because our starters only played a total of about 10 minutes in preseason because we're so fucking scared of injuries

With good reason. :cry:

Pugger
09-08-2013, 08:45 AM

If you listen or read what national pundits say this is what they all expect except for Sterling Sharpe on NFLN.

Fritz
09-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Yes, it's the "tougher in the trenches" theme being spouted across the nation.

And while I do wish the Packers had a better offensive line, well, it is what it is, and I think they can win this year if the oline improves as the season goes, and if they avoid the damn crippling injuries.

Smeefers
09-08-2013, 09:14 AM
I see it packers 35, Niners 28. The teams are pretty evenly matched as far as I'm concerned. It's going to come down to 1 or 2 plays that change the game, the Pack are going to be the lucky ones today and get lady luck's nod of approval. Regardless of who wins, this game will just open up more questions with every facet. If Crosby plays well, everyone will still be watching him like a hawk, if not, well, we'll find a new kicker. Our defense could play extremely well, but there'll still be questions on whether it was the exception or the rule. Any injuries will be either widely overblown or severely underplayed. On offense, we should be clicking on all cylinders. We have so many stinkin weapons, the 9ers should be reeling every time we get the ball, even with the amazing defense they have. If we can't move the ball against them, our O line will be considered DOA. If they play well, they'll still be a favorite whipping boy through the week because there's no way Rodgers isn't getting sacked and they will get over powered at times and it'll end up looking a lot worse than it is.

I also predict that they will show the cheerleaders 7 times, Harbough about 125 times, MM about 30 times.

pbmax
09-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I also predict that they will show the cheerleaders 7 times, Harbough about 125 times, MM about 30 times.

When did head coaches become tennis players?

http://cdn.lastangryfan.com/wp-content/uploads/Jim-Harbaugh.gif

Fritz
09-08-2013, 10:18 AM
When did players become soccer players, faking injuries or exaggerating a bump so it looks like a defender deliberately knocked you over?

This all scares me. I can't stand soccer any more because of the blatant, babyish faking, and now the NFL seems to be going down that road.

pbmax
09-08-2013, 10:35 AM
When did players become soccer players, faking injuries or exaggerating a bump so it looks like a defender deliberately knocked you over?

This all scares me. I can't stand soccer any more because of the blatant, babyish faking, and now the NFL seems to be going down that road.

Faking the headshot worries me. Could be a close call because I don't mind punters and kickers taking a dive.

As for having an injury to get an official timeout, it all seems a part of gamesmanship to me, though I readily concede that it could be taken to ridiculous lengths. If I were the team running a no huddle and a Bear defender had to fake an injury to stop us, it would be a huge compliment. And you can then run out subs to take advantage of whatever the D wants to adjust to.

Perhaps forcing the player to the sideline regardless of a timeout, would help to clarify the situation? Now, I believe, if there is a timeout, an injured player can return next play.

CaptainKickass
09-08-2013, 10:43 AM
I predict:

DRUNK MOTHERFUCKERS IN FRONT OF TELEVISIONS!

YEAH!!!!!

Iron Mike
09-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I predict:

DRUNK MOTHERFUCKERS IN FRONT OF TELEVISIONS!

YEAH!!!!!

OK, it's 8:43 where you are......have you tuned in already???

I know what kind of Packer Fan you are, then:

http://whoonew.com/2013/09/types-of-green-bay-packers-fans/

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Yes, it's the "tougher in the trenches" theme being spouted across the nation.

And while I do wish the Packers had a better offensive line, well, it is what it is, and I think they can win this year if the oline improves as the season goes, and if they avoid the damn crippling injuries.

I wonder if the Packer D-line won't be plenty tough in the trenches. I like the improvement in the front 7, Neal, Perry, Daniels, D.Jones could be better than last year. We'll see against the top-rated San Fran O-line.

digitaldean
09-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Hope I'm wrong, just have a bad vibe about today. Will be a close game but I think SF will pull it out.

Iron Mike
09-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Hope I'm wrong, just have a bad vibe about today. Will be a close game but I think SF will pull it out.

Prescient.

digitaldean
09-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Prescient.
Wish I was wrong. Maddening part was even after the lousy special teams pr/kr, the bad safety play and bad tackling, we got the lead late and the D didn't hold. Even could have gotten ball back with less than 3 mins left and we can't even stop that.