PDA

View Full Version : New Award - The Stinky Pinky

Fritz
09-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Okay, Rats, after every Packer loss (hopefully there will not be many) this year, we're going to have a new award: The Stinky Pinky. As the name suggests, it will go to the player or coach who plays or coaches like he's got his smallest digit firmly inserted deep inside his rectum.

For the SF game, there were a few contenders. Jeremy Ross is a surprise candidate - his only reason for being on this team is to provide a spark in the return game, but Ross was more of a wet fart than a spark yesterday. He did nothing to reverse the awful field position the Packers constantly had.

Then there are the twin candidates: the safeties. Was there anything they did right? They looked like the keystone Kops out there.

And do we dislike Finley enough to include him, just for his dumb non-catch, leading to the interception?

Finally, every good run of the first three quarters was negated by Sitton.

Whaddya think?

Upnorth
09-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Either Sitton or Slocum. Sitton is obvious, mister have every good run called back. When we kept getting pinned deep why did Slocum not try to block the punts? I don't remember seeing one strong rush by tpunt return unit.

Also the ref's after the blown call, fourth and two they would have kicked.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Ross really regressed from last season. I'm giving the pinky to MM for handing San Fran an extra shot at the endzone when SF was in the redzone. That decision was made just before Clay-gone-wild outta bounds.

pbmax
09-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Ross made two dumb decisions, but how about a little blocking, especially the opposing special teams ace?

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Ross made two dumb decisions, but how about a little blocking, especially the opposing special teams ace?

OK, but Ross looked slow and tentative.

red
09-09-2013, 08:29 AM
m3 for accepting the penalty after we just stopped them on 3rd down

3irty1
09-09-2013, 08:35 AM
My vote is for Ross.

The safeties didn't have a great day but Jennings was much better than McMillan. Jennings made a few solid tackles near the line. McMillan got lost and played small. I don't know if banjo would have been better but I would have given him a try over McMillan before I gave Bush a go over Hyde. The best thing I can say about McMillan is that I want to like him. He's got good playing speed, energy, and a killshot mentality.

Sitton contributed to the loss but I have a hard time blaming him too much. I think this was an obvious case of the SF staff pointing out some crafty thing he's probably been doing and getting away with for a while now. This staff was instructed to scrutinize him probably on some specific thing. The holding certainly wasn't blatant. He could probably go back to doing it and getting away with it or clean up his game. He's a pro.

Finley's good probably counteracted his bad. Probably. That was a pretty awesome and timely TD.

Lacy didn't suck enough on his own to warrant any awards. He fumbled and didn't do enough good things to make up for it. Even with his TD and his screen, I thought his best play was in pass pro.

MM made a controversial call but waaaayyyyyy more good than bad from him on the day. Excellent game plan. Great playcalling to bail out the OL.

mraynrand
09-09-2013, 08:35 AM

I especially hated that for the message it sent the D; MM: "I have no confidence that you can stop them in short yardage." True or not, that's pulling the rug out from underneath your players and off your D-coor's head.

run pMc
09-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Mason Crosby celebrates with a Riverdance for not being nominated.

Gotta think the winner is someone on defense. I think McMillian or M.D. could be nominated (M.D. played better of the two IMO). Tramon also had a lot of trouble with Boldin, but that's like guarding a power forward with a small forward.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2013, 08:39 AM
I especially hated that for the message it sent the D; MM: "I have no confidence that you can stop them in short yardage." True or not, that's pulling the rug out from underneath your players and off your D-coor's head.

SF would have probably taken the 3 points anyway. The Packers were having little success stopping 3rd and 6 pass plays. Why not risk having to stop them on a single play, the 4th and 1? Really an odd call by MM.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Tramon also had a lot of trouble with Boldin, but that's like guarding a small forward with a power forward.
Boldin is built like a linebacker, and they were letting him push-off all day.

pbmax
09-09-2013, 08:41 AM
OK, but Ross looked slow and tentative.

Agreed. But usually you get one guy blocked on kickoff return. Each of those KORs looked like punt coverage.

pbmax
09-09-2013, 08:43 AM

I also thought it was a dumb tactical choice for his own D. Forget yesterday, but short yardage has been where Raji, Pickett and Wilson have been at their best even when other run D was giving way.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2013, 08:45 AM
I also thought it was a dumb tactical choice for his own D. Forget yesterday, but short yardage has been where Raji, Pickett and Wilson have been at their best even when other run D was giving way.

Excellent point. The one area the defense was really hitting on all cylanders was stuffing the run.

It will be several more sleepless nights before I let this one go.

Pack Attack58
09-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Lots of candidates for this loss.
Ross for his dumb decisions of trying to return kicks in the end zone.
Sitton for killing every decent run in the first half.
Finley for dropping a pass right into a 49ers lap.
Safeties just plain sucked.
McCarthy for accepting the penalty in the first half.
Slocum for not removing Ross.

But my vote goes to Capers. I understand that with Hayward & Burnett out the secondary was thin. But if you are going to use a zone defense you can't rush only 3 guys. You need to put pressure on the QB. If he has all day to throw the ball the receivers are going to find the holes in the zone. The fact they NEVER adjusted and let Kapernick & Boldin beat them over and over by finding the holes in the zone is completely on Capers.

Bossman641
09-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Safety play was atrocious.

And to comment on something 3irty1 said earlier, I did see Banjo out there on a few plays. I don't remember what the circumstances were though.

mraynrand
09-09-2013, 09:03 AM
... The fact they NEVER adjusted and let Kapernick & Boldin beat them over and over by finding the holes in the zone is completely on Capers.

pretty frustrating. And never say never :) Unfortunately, one time when they did bring extra pressure, Clay mysteriously crashed inside and gave up the edge. That was maddening!!

Fritz
09-09-2013, 10:52 AM
pretty frustrating.v And never say never :) Unfortunately, one time when they did bring extra pressure, Clay mysteriously crashed inside and gave up the edge. That was maddening!!

Lots of deserving candidates for the Stinky Pinky!

I am leaning toward Ross or McMillan at the moment.

Freak Out
09-09-2013, 11:15 AM

This. Force Blowhard to make the tough decision.

Patler
09-09-2013, 12:18 PM

Funny, I looked at it another way. It was like telling the defense he was willing to stick them out there to go after it again and maybe prevent the three points that were virtually guaranteed if SF kicked on 4th down.

Pugger
09-09-2013, 12:22 PM
McC for accepting the penalty? If we can't stop 'em from converting an even longer 3rd down who is to blame for that?

My award goes to Clay Matthews for being stupid and looking like a punk. First he crows about hitting the QB and then proceeds to do so when the QB is clearly out of bounds. Then he loses his cool and punches Staley twice. I have no love for the forty whiners and that idiot coach of theirs. I say knock that tatooed creep into next week - but do it within the rules. Clay is lucky he didn't get tossed and he still might get a one game suspension for those punches.

mraynrand
09-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Funny, I looked at it another way. It was like telling the defense he was willing to stick them out there to go after it again and maybe prevent the three points that were virtually guaranteed if SF kicked on 4th down.

well, unless the lost significant yardage (>10 yards) on the third down attempt, Dawson's pretty automatic from that range. Seems like giving up three points was virtually assured. PB's theory strikes me as the best: 1) hope to force a fourth down with more than 2 yards to force FG attempt and 2) even if you stop them, you would have terrible field position, making it worthwhile to try and force a FG attempt from five yards farther out.

Still, a fourth down stop gives the D some momentum, and you hope your offense can get out of the shadow of the goalposts.

Patler
09-09-2013, 12:47 PM
well, unless the lost significant yardage (>10 yards) on the third down attempt, Dawson's pretty automatic from that range. Seems like giving up three points was virtually assured. PB's theory strikes me as the best: 1) hope to force a fourth down with more than 2 yards to force FG attempt and 2) even if you stop them, you would have terrible field position, making it worthwhile to try and force a FG attempt from five yards farther out.

Still, a fourth down stop gives the D some momentum, and you hope your offense can get out of the shadow of the goalposts.

Botched snap, fumble, interception, sack and a fumble, just a sack are all possibilities. As you say, a simple incompletion would leave a FG just as makable as declining the penalty, so I think MM was showing his defense that he trusted them enough to give them an opportunity of eliminating points.

Fritz
09-09-2013, 12:51 PM

There seems to be enough disagreement over this call to eliminate MM from contention. Besides that, he did not, as expected, give up on the run - and it actually worked a little at the end!

PB's defense of Ross is commendable, though I thought returners were supposed to make the first guy miss, and not run east and west....

Still, McMillan was just plain awful...

Who will get The Stinky Pinky Award???

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuWCLdYV6GONTPVAzg7IDdn0JjD5YRF XqVo4ZG8-uN_Q0udufH

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2013, 01:03 PM
McMillian

SkinBasket
09-09-2013, 01:13 PM
McMillian due to all his tough talk in preseason. It was like having Atari Bigby out there again. Except without all the BIG HITZZZ!!!! Miscommunication, slow responses, slow speed, slow, slow, slow... blown assignments, terrible angles, missed tackles... the decision to attack the BLOCKER when the the RB was right in front of him on one of SF's only worthwhile runs. Some of the shit he was doing was mind numbing.

Also, Jarrett fucking Bush. Holy shit did that guy look like a dog turd on fire in the secondary. I know, I know, he's not supposed to be out there, but you know what? Shit happens and he was out there and shit happened in his general vicinity just about every time he was in a package. But I'm sure someone saw him do something remarkable and irreplaceable on ST that made up for his attempt at pretending to be an NFL defensive back. Right?

So there you go. I guess I got a two pinky rectum.

PA Pack Fan
09-09-2013, 01:20 PM
I'd have to say Woodson. I didn't see him make a tackle all game.

mraynrand
09-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Botched snap, fumble, interception, sack and a fumble, just a sack are all possibilities. As you say, a simple incompletion would leave a FG just as makable as declining the penalty, so I think MM was showing his defense that he trusted them enough to give them an opportunity of eliminating points.

all of those are far less likely than simply preventing a 2 yard gain on fourth down. Either way, given the possibilities, I don't really think it was all that bad of decision, but I wouldn't have accepted the penalty.

pbmax
09-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Kick Returners are supposed to make the first guy miss, though they are not usually encountered at the 4 yard line.

Not saying he covered himself in glory, it was terrible after a couple of decent returns against them last year. Would be a more complete picture if they can all agree WHEN to take the ball out of the end zone.

Iron Mike
09-09-2013, 06:51 PM
I'd have to say Woodson. I didn't see him make a tackle all game.

Anybody see how he did in the Raiders game???

mmmdk
09-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Sorry, wrong hole.

George Cumby
09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Anybody see how he did in the Raiders game???

One tackle, two assists.

George Cumby
09-09-2013, 07:26 PM
I would nominate Harbaugh, but realized that he has his head up his ass.

Pugger
09-09-2013, 07:28 PM
I would nominate Harbaugh, but realized that he has his head up his ass.

:lol: That moron is a real piece of work.

Rutnstrut
09-09-2013, 08:55 PM
M3 and spray paint hair.

Packers4Glory
09-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Ross--I never thought he should have made the roster and I wasn't wrong.

or

whichever safety fucked up the most. Geezus they seemed really slow reacting all game.

Sitton honorable mention. tho I think one of those was less flag worthy than on one of the Kaepernick, or however u spel, it scrambles later in the game.

Fritz
09-10-2013, 09:47 AM
It was a close call between Ross and McMillan, The Wife, but Skin's Atari Bigby comparison was the difference maker.

The Winner of the First Dirty Digit, the Fecal Finger, THE Stinky Pinky is....

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4684934292309625&w=160&h=107&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

JERROD MCMILLAN, NOW KNOW AS "THE WIFE"