PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to?

BlueBrewer
08-25-2006, 09:24 AM
make my laptop pick up wireless from farther away, extend the connect range? I pick up somebody's wireless signal at my house but it is weak.

SkinBasket
08-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Thats a shitty thing to do. Try getting your own wireless signal.

BlueBrewer
08-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Thats a shitty thing to do. Try getting your own wireless signal.

Hey I just turned on my laptop and it connected, its not like I broke into somebodys place and linked to their network.

Deputy Nutz
08-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey if those fuckwads don't want to password protect their wireless thats their problem.

Quit pissing on my parade

BlueBrewer
08-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Hey if those fuckwads don't want to password protect their wireless thats their problem.

Good Post

Partial
08-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Well, since your card just accepts the signla and doesn't transmit it, I would say no. You could break into your neighbors house and throw a range extender on, or rig up a wireless repeater. Those options would both work.

BlueBrewer
08-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Well, since your card just accepts the signla and doesn't transmit it, I would say no. You could break into your neighbors house and throw a range extender on, or rig up a wireless repeater. Those options would both work.

I guess I will just deal with weak signal,

Thanks

SkinBasket
08-25-2006, 10:28 AM

Since when did the crack whores set up a wireless network in your neighborhood?

GBRulz
08-25-2006, 01:00 PM
one of my neighbors has an unsecured wireless connection as well. If you search for wireless networks in range, you can always connect to good ol' Joe" for some free internet !

retailguy
08-25-2006, 08:49 PM
They make PCMCIA cards that have high powered antennas. Never had one, so I don't know if they work well, but some have directional antennas.

Deputy Nutz
08-25-2006, 09:41 PM

Since when did the crack whores set up a wireless network in your neighborhood?

they advertise WIFI for their customers