PDA

View Full Version : Undercover Cops

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Undercover Cops Posing As Opposing Team Fans.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9663735/seattle-seahawks-undercover-police-san-francisco-49ers-gear

Part of me doesn't like the idea of cops possibly entrapping people. However, fan behavior has gotten so unruly nowadays in so many places that I'm actually encouraged to see a city want to take some action. Visiting fans shouldn't fear for their well being just for attending an away game. It reminds me that I got hit in the cheesehead by a few bottles when I attended the Packers-Seahawks game in Seattle in 1996 at Kingdome.

swede
09-12-2013, 12:08 AM
You never struck me as the cheesehead sort, Harv. Authentic jersey, yes. Extruded novelty headcovering, no.

On the other hand, a six inch layer of foam between you and opposing fans' beer bottles is a prudent and intelligent response to the real hazard of beer bottle-flinging asswipes.

So, maybe it does sound like you.

HarveyWallbangers
09-12-2013, 12:45 AM
I actually don't consider myself a cheesehead. I do root for the Packers, Brewers, and Bucks--but I don't root for the Badgers. I figure cheeseheads are authentic 'Sconnies. However, my parents didn't know this and bought me a cheesehead before that season, so I wore it to that game. I think it's really the only time I've worn it out in public. It brought good luck because that was the Super Bowl year. And I'm glad I had it for that game after getting pelted by some bottles.

I'm not even a jersey guy. I have bought jerseys. More to support players I like, but not really to wear all that much. Plus, the first jerseys I bought ended up being bad luck. Tim Harris fizzled out after I bought his jersey. Brian Noble went down with an injury after I bought his jersey. Sterling Sharpe went down with an injury after I bought his jersey. Robert Brooks went down with an injury after I bought his jersey. I did buy a Favre jersey once, and my luck has been a bit better with Ahman Green and Charles Woodson. Oh, Dorsey Levens went down with an injury after I bought his jersey also.

sharpe1027
09-12-2013, 01:40 AM
I actually don't consider myself a cheesehead. I do root for the Packers, Brewers, and Bucks--but I don't root for the Badgers. I figure cheeseheads are authentic 'Sconnies. However, my parents didn't know this and bought me a cheesehead before that season, so I wore it to that game. I think it's really the only time I've worn it out in public. It brought good luck because that was the Super Bowl year. And I'm glad I had it for that game after getting pelted by some bottles.

I'm not even a jersey guy. I have bought jerseys. More to support players I like, but not really to wear all that much. Plus, the first jerseys I bought ended up being bad luck. Tim Harris fizzled out after I bought his jersey. Brian Noble went down with an injury after I bought his jersey. Sterling Sharpe went down with an injury after I bought his jersey. Robert Brooks went down with an injury after I bought his jersey. I did buy a Favre jersey once, and my luck has been a bit better with Ahman Green and Charles Woodson. Oh, Dorsey Levens went down with an injury after I bought his jersey also.

Did you happen to go on a jersey buying spree the past couple years? That might explain the Packers' tough luck with injuries lately.

sharpe1027
09-12-2013, 01:44 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9663735/seattle-seahawks-undercover-police-san-francisco-49ers-gear

Part of me doesn't like the idea of cops possibly entrapping people. However, fan behavior has gotten so unruly nowadays in so many places that I'm actually encouraged to see a city want to take some action. Visiting fans shouldn't fear for their well being just for attending an away game. It reminds me that I got hit in the cheesehead by a few bottles when I attended the Packers-Seahawks game in Seattle in 1996 at Kingdome.

Is it really entrapment to just wear an opposing jersey? Now if the cops act like rude/super drunk fans that won't shut up...that might be going too far.

Freak Out
09-12-2013, 02:11 AM

I was there. People were pissed because we took over the stadium. Didn't get any bottles thrown my way though.

Fritz
09-12-2013, 06:01 AM

So you're the fucker who is at fault for all this rotten injury luck. Are you sure you're not an undercover fan for an opposing team?

Quit with the jersey-buying already.

This team might've had two more SB titles if it weren't for you.

mraynrand
09-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Geezus Harv, you are worse than the SI cover, Madden Football and Chunky Soup combined!

Cheesehead Craig
09-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Not entrapment by the cops. However they shouldn't have announced it until after the game after getting the dillholes who are the biggest problems arrested. Too much advance warning, IMO.

MadScientist
09-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Not entrapment by the cops. However they shouldn't have announced it until after the game after getting the dillholes who are the biggest problems arrested. Too much advance warning, IMO.

Is the goal to make arrests or to reduce unruly behavior? By announcing it before hand they stop trouble before it happens, plus there won't be cops in every section, so they would still probably miss most of the offenders even if this went unannounced.

hoosier
09-12-2013, 09:24 AM

Announcing it makes it work like Bentham's Panopticon: now everyone wearing the visiting team's colors is a potential undercover.

Guiness
09-12-2013, 11:54 AM

I doubt it. The hooligan style trouble makers that are the problem will still get loaded and cause just as much trouble.

Joemailman
09-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Arrest me please!

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/hot-sexy-green-bay-packers-girls-fans-21.jpg

MadtownPacker
09-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Hubba, hubba!!!

There is a reason for this. SF fans aren't the classy bunch they once were. Now it's full of homeboy and dooshbag bro types who didn't even watch the niners thru the 2000s. Now that they are winning they are all hardcore fans. Same attitude I have encountered this week and after the playoff lost. Just a bunch of punkasses ruining a good time. They didn't like my comment "You get a ring for beating the Packers". :lol:

CaptainKickass
09-12-2013, 04:25 PM

Part of me doesn't like the idea of cops possibly entrapping people.

My first thought is:

Seattle cops in particular - have a well established reputation for being particularly, um, shall we say "overzealous".

My second thought is:

Somebody please tell me why the fuck a private, incredibly wealthy organization like the NFL isn't using private security instead?

http://trinketsandtees.com/webpics/protectnserve.jpg

mraynrand
09-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Announcing it makes it work like Bentham's Panopticon: now everyone wearing the visiting team's colors is a potential undercover.

except this guy:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/294/535/bears_display_image.jpg?1315949731

P.S. nice reference to Panopticon - did you learn about that in Air Marshal school?

pbmax
09-12-2013, 07:43 PM

Its posts like this that keep me coming back to this goofy place.

Fire Perry!

hoosier
09-12-2013, 07:57 PM
P.S. nice reference to Panopticon - did you learn about that in Air Marshal school?

Bollocks, I learnt it from the Master hisself, or from his auto-icon!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/Jeremy_Bentham_Auto-Icon.jpg

mraynrand
09-12-2013, 08:39 PM
^^^^Oh my god, it's Al Davis!

cheesner
09-12-2013, 09:07 PM

I remember you! Sorry bout that, I was aiming for my ex-wife next to you. PS: I owe you one, because I caught my former mother-in-law in the ear on the bounce. You get an assist.

I was there. People were pissed because we took over the stadium. Didn't get any bottles thrown my way though.

It was the height of the Cheese Head mania. Although we were outnumbered, that big obnoxious yellow foam on our heads made it appear like we outnumbered the locals.

Kiwon
09-12-2013, 09:34 PM
"Any fans asked to leave for violations of fan conduct will have to complete a four-hour online educational course at their own cost before they will be cleared to attend events at the stadium again."

Sounds like Seattle. Social engineering rules that can't be enforced. Scalpers don't exist in Seattle?

What online course? What's its content? If it's so good, why not make a bold statement and have it as a requirement for all season ticket holders BEFORE they purchase their tickets? Wouldn't self-policing by the kind crowd be better and cheaper than hiring private security? Teach people to snitch via text to stadium authorities when someone gets out of hand.

I think it's fine to have undercover cops planted for this game to keep order. But just arrest the baddies and leave it at that. The re-education requirement won't accomplish a thing.

ThunderDan
09-12-2013, 10:04 PM
"Any fans asked to leave for violations of fan conduct will have to complete a four-hour online educational course at their own cost before they will be cleared to attend events at the stadium again."

Sounds like Seattle. Social engineering rules that can't be enforced. Scalpers don't exist in Seattle?

What online course? What's its content? If it's so good, why not make a bold statement and have it as a requirement for all season ticket holders BEFORE they purchase their tickets? Wouldn't self-policing by the kind crowd be better and cheaper than hiring private security? Teach people to snitch via text to stadium authorities when someone gets out of hand.

I think it's fine to have undercover cops planted for this game to keep order. But just arrest the baddies and leave it at that. The re-education requirement won't accomplish a thing.

They already have a number posted at Lambeau to report violations of the fan code of conduct.

Iron Mike
09-12-2013, 11:01 PM
My first thought is:

Seattle cops in particular - have a well established reputation for being particularly, um, shall we say "overzealous".

Ya Rly??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnnEfSwnp1c

Rastak
09-12-2013, 11:20 PM

Entrapping people? Nah, you act like an f'ing douche you deserve what you get. I had season tickets for a few years and I saw all kinds of stuff.

1) Viking fan endlessly threatening and ridaculing a bears fan and his kid. Over and over. I asked security along with another fellow to get this asswipe removed. Drunken fool was shocked. He was a total asshole.

2) Eagles fan during a playoff game who stood the entire game in front of everyone behind him with zero regard to anyone. And he was a fat fuck and sort of looked like a real slow fellow. He is lucky someone didn't break a beer bottle over his head. I felt like it and I was across the aisle.

3) Packer fan acting the ass the entire game. Pack is winning, he thinks he's on a stage with many theatrics. Oh my was he happy. Endless taunts.....Vikings come back and win. Dude is drunk. Woman behind him says something like "We'll that worked out well for you". He throws a beer in her face and 3 guys start pounding the shit out of if him. Some nearbye Packer fans try and pull him out of the asskicking.

Have all the undercover cops you want. I generally engage enemy fans in discussion during the game.

CaptainKickass
09-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Ya Rly??

That vid was actually rather tame example. But an example nonetheless.

The kickass thing to do is click this link, the results should keep you entertained for hours: http://bit.ly/15XGj2d

Zool
09-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Entrapping people? Nah, you act like an f'ing douche you deserve what you get. I had season tickets for a few years and I saw all kinds of stuff.

1) Viking fan endlessly threatening and ridaculing a bears fan and his kid. Over and over. I asked security along with another fellow to get this asswipe removed. Drunken fool was shocked. He was a total asshole.

2) Eagles fan during a playoff game who stood the entire game in front of everyone behind him with zero regard to anyone. And he was a fat fuck and sort of looked like a real slow fellow. He is lucky someone didn't break a beer bottle over his head. I felt like it and I was across the aisle.

3) Packer fan acting the ass the entire game. Pack is winning, he thinks he's on a stage with many theatrics. Oh my was he happy. Endless taunts.....Vikings come back and win. Dude is drunk. Woman behind him says something like "We'll that worked out well for you". He throws a beer in her face and 3 guys start pounding the shit out of if him. Some nearbye Packer fans try and pull him out of the asskicking.

Have all the undercover cops you want. I generally engage enemy fans in discussion during the game.

Good summation of my usual experience at an NFL game. This is the reason I don't really bother anymore. A few extremely shitty people ruined the experience for me. Yes, I let the terrorists win.

swede
09-13-2013, 03:42 PM
A comfy chair, a big television, a DVR, and the fact that they aren't any rude and annoying people to ruin the experience for me are the reasons I rarely go to games.

Edit: I forgot about my wife and kids. Comfy chair, big television, DVR.

MadtownPacker
09-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Besides, you cant burn a fat one in the stadium! :smk:

Guiness
09-18-2013, 03:47 PM
One narc got outed

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/seahawks-49ers-undercover-brother.jpg

mraynrand
09-18-2013, 03:48 PM
^^^^^ A candidate for Play60 NFL!

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/play60/play60_04.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
09-18-2013, 04:47 PM
When I was young and foolish, I once bought a bag of pot from a punk dealer who decided I was a narc. Not sure how I got steered to this psycho. It was a black dude, who was built like Terrell Owens. Come to think of it, maybe it was Terrell Owens. After some brief introductions, he threw a knife at me for dramatic effect - boing!- throwing knife vibrating in door. "Are you a cop? You look like a cop." Did I mention that this guy was a kick boxer? These pleasantries occurred at a YMCA rooming house. I can't remember anything else, I was trembling with fear, and apparently somehow got out of there.

Maybe I did look like a cop.

I never bought pot again in my life. Well, maybe from a friend, but that incident severely curtailed my life of crime.

hoosier
09-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Was that at the old Y/pedophile halfway house on N. Brooks Street?

swede
09-18-2013, 07:34 PM
When I was young and foolish, I once bought a bag of pot from a punk dealer who decided I was a narc. Not sure how I got steered to this psycho. It was a black dude, who was built like Terrell Owens. Come to think of it, maybe it was Terrell Owens. After some brief introductions, he threw a knife at me for dramatic effect - boing!- throwing knife vibrating in door. "Are you a cop? You look like a cop." Did I mention that this guy was a kick boxer? These pleasantries occurred at a YMCA rooming house. I can't remember anything else, I was trembling with fear, and apparently somehow got out of there.

Knife throwing incidents really harsh your buzz.

mraynrand
09-18-2013, 08:11 PM

Maybe I did look like a cop.

I never bought pot again in my life. Well, maybe from a friend, but that incident severely curtailed my life of crime.

kick boxing - it's got a good future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEgu7jdc_fs

Harlan Huckleby
09-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Was that at the old Y/pedophile halfway house on N. Brooks Street?

Hah! Yes, yes it was. Perhaps you bought pot from that guy too.
I hate to be judgmental, but I'd say he had poor customer relations skills. I was unable to recommend him.

SnakeLH2006
09-19-2013, 01:54 AM
I've been to MANY Brewer games in the past few years and few Packer games and haven't seen anyone too bad at all.

Going back to the late 80's/early 90's as a kid I DO remember being seated 1 row ahead of the unruly "Jeff Query Fan Club" that called everyone the N word and spilled beer on everyone with season tickets..well that was until they spilled beer on my older brother who played college football at the time, and warned them repeatedly...then drilled the fattest guy in the face after the 2nd spill in a game..they lost their 4 season tickets cuz I never saw them again after that. I luv my brother. Good shit.

Fritz
09-19-2013, 06:21 AM

There are always assholes around. Alcohol will do that.

I did have a great, great experience my one trip to The Holy Grail of Football Stadia. There was a Bears fan in front of us, and the whole game he and the fans around him jokingly poked at each other verbally. It was a lot of fun. Well, except that the Packers lost (this was in 2000).

Last year I went to Houston to see the Pack (man, they destroyed the Texans). The Texan fans gave me a hard time, but not in a bad way. Just the usual poking fun. They were actually pretty cool, even though I had my Packer t-shirt on.

But like I said, I've seen enough incidents of drunken, stupid fans. I'm okay with some undercover cops. But there's always that line between enforcement and overzealousness.

hoosier
09-19-2013, 09:08 AM
There are always assholes around.

As long as there are people around there will be assholes. And opinions.