PDA

View Full Version : Packers may be without injured S Burnett vs Wash.

SnakeLH2006
09-14-2013, 02:28 AM
http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/80444/group/homepage/

[I]Packers may be without injured S Burnett vs Wash.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well fucking Christ already. We played balls out awesome run D against one of the best rushing teams in the NFL going 2.6 a rush...and now we play another great rushing team...yet Burnett is hurt..is Hayward gonna play?

I like Burnett but after having watched all the games I never saw how he earned his huge contract extension ala the playmakers at Safety like Leroy Butler and Nick Collins...those safeties made plays to win games. Burnett doesn't suck but he really is not a gamechanger...so what's up with his contract?

On the other hand, Hayward looks like a young ballhawking Charles Woodson (who Snake is pref to...that dude was a pro's pro and made plays all over the field). Either way, we need those two guys back ASAP. I don't think it will matter as RG3 is overrated only in the fact that he's the same build style (albeit more efficient as a passer) as Vick and neither seems like they will be able to stay on the field with their running style at their slight builds.

I see GB pissed off and AROD going for 4+ TDs in a 42-24 romp. I see Lacy breaking out with a big run or two for the first 100 yard game by a GB running back since 2010.

denverYooper
09-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Hayward is out for 4 weeks.

Burnett has been hampered by the lack of a 2nd competent safety. He's been playing 1.5 spots.

Maxie the Taxi
09-14-2013, 08:17 AM
I see GB pissed off and AROD going for 4+ TDs in a 42-24 romp. I see Lacy breaking out with a big run or two for the first 100 yard game by a GB running back since 2010.

I second this prediction, unless Sitton sits.

Pugger
09-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Yes, if Sitton sits we're screwed with all of these injuries. Don't be surprised if we end up 0-2 by Sunday evening.

pbmax
09-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Burnett has been hampered by the lack of a 2nd competent hamstring.

Fixed.

Upnorth
09-14-2013, 09:56 AM
On the bright side our second and third string safeties are getting valuable playing time.
Does Washington have a zone beater like boldin to pick up a couple hundred yards? I don't think so, so I think we win.

Pugger
09-14-2013, 10:01 AM
The real knee slapper is on Redskins forums those guys say Morris is a better RB than Gore.

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2013, 12:42 PM
They can win without Burnett. They have time to coach-up the safeties and maybe make some personnel adjustments. It will be better, even if not fixed.

The safeties took bad angles. The can make some improvement.

Upnorth
09-14-2013, 01:38 PM
The real knee slapper is on Redskins forums those guys say Morris is a better RB than Gore.

I don't think that statement is to far from true. Gore may have a bigger body of work but it is only Morris 2nd year and Gore is 30, right when typical rb's wear down. Gore has taken a pounding through out the years.

packer4life
09-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Gore in his prime smokes Morris. Morris cannot catch passes and has slow 4.6 40 speed. Gore is not much faster, but is capable of taking one to the house.

Obviously, Morris has more value now, as Gore is 30. Hunter and James will probably take the torch next year, but we will see.

SnakeLH2006
09-15-2013, 01:42 AM
I agree that Gore was pretty good for a bit, but at 30 he's not the same...Morris is younger/better now.

But can anyone explain to Snake how Burnett is that good (given his big contract extension)? I've seen EVERY game since 1991 and have NEVER thought ONCE that Burnett could hold a candle to Leroy, Collins, or even Woodson as a safety. I'm not saying he sucks, but how did he get that contract? I've never seen that guy make a difference in a game. Hayward as a rookie made play after play...almost Woodson-like. Anyone?

packer4life
09-15-2013, 01:57 AM
I agree that Gore was pretty good for a bit, but at 30 he's not the same...Morris is younger/better now.

But can anyone explain to Snake how Burnett is that good (given his big contract extension)? I've seen EVERY game since 1991 and have NEVER thought ONCE that Burnett could hold a candle to Leroy, Collins, or even Woodson as a safety. I'm not saying he sucks, but how did he get that contract? I've never seen that guy make a difference in a game. Hayward as a rookie made play after play...almost Woodson-like. Anyone?

Never made a difference? Hmmm...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/181722511.html

SnakeLH2006
09-15-2013, 02:26 AM
Never made a difference? Hmmm...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/181722511.html

i'm not jagging you bro, but I saw that game. Good play, but he's not a difference maker. Woodson, Collins and Butler did it EVERY other game. I don't think Burnett sucks, but he's not a diff maker IMO. I never thought Oh God don't throw it near Burnett or shit Burnett is gonna force a fumble. I still don't see how he got paid. He's ok....but nowhere near All-Pro like those 3 guys I named.

Pugger
09-15-2013, 09:25 AM

Burnett is a hell of lot better than Jennings and/or McMillan and wife. :razz:

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-15-2013, 09:50 AM
So any word on Burnett?

Teamcheez1
09-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Inactives are due in the next hour. I am beginning to believe that both Burnett and Hayward could be held out through the bye.

Joemailman
09-15-2013, 09:54 AM
So any word on Burnett?

Inactives won't be announced for a little while yet. Burnett is probably on the field now testing the hamstring.

mraynrand
09-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Burnett is a lot like Sharper in the circumstances as he grows up in the Packer organization. Butler was in steep decline following 2007 or so, and with the decimation at corner, Sharper was asked to cover the entire field. It took him a while to figure it out, and even so, he never really had a decent compliment at safety, even if you give Butler credit through 2000. Some of Sharper's worst moments were when he was trying to cover too much territory and was late in helping. I thin that led to him guessing and taking some bad chances (and a lot of good chances that led to INTs). Still shows how exceptional Collins was that he could play so well with junk next to him. Burnett may be pretty good (and this is the year we were really supposed to see it), but may look worse than he is due to the talent around him, assuming they can't get a decent second starter at safety.

pittstang5
09-15-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't care for Burnett and I too don't understand why his contract was extended when it was. However, I'll leave that to the professionals. Maybe solid play this year from Burnett can change my mind.

I still think McMillian can be a good safety, he just needs more time and experieince. He has all the right tools; size, speed and athleticism. No one remembers, but it took Collins a couple years and a couple brain farts until he became the player he was. I still remember his first two or three years when he could have had multiple interceptions, but he had hands of stone. One of the off-seasons, he worked on catching and I think that was the year he broke out and had 7 INTs (2008).

I'll be surprised if McMillian doesn't turn out to be a very good safety.

pbmax
09-15-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't care for Burnett and I too don't understand why his contract was extended when it was. However, I'll leave that to the professionals. Maybe solid play this year from Burnett can change my mind.

I still think McMillian can be a good safety, he just needs more time and experieince. He has all the right tools; size, speed and athleticism. No one remembers, but it took Collins a couple years and a couple brain farts until he became the player he was. I still remember his first two or three years when he could have had multiple interceptions, but he had hands of stone. One of the off-seasons, he worked on catching and I think that was the year he broke out and had 7 INTs (2008).

I'll be surprised if McMillian doesn't turn out to be a very good safety.

What I cannot fathom is why a profile like McMillan's which seems to scream in the box guy, is asked to cover as much as he is. He was the dime CB last year and while Hayward is hurt, he still is.

Are his athletic skills that good he should be both a physical SS type plus a cover guy? Is he a poor man's Butler?