PDA

View Full Version : Scout says Packers have talent to win title

HarveyWallbangers
09-15-2013, 01:33 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/scout-says-packers-have-talent-to-win-title-b9997260z1-223767301.html

The Green Bay Packers might have gone down in defeat last Sunday in San Francisco, but they gained an admirer in the scouting fraternity.

In fact, an experienced executive for a National Football League team bumped the Packers way up in his personal rankings after their opening setback.

"After watching that game I'd be shocked if the Packers don't go 12-4," the personnel man said last week. "I was guessing they were a 10-6 team before that.

"They were very consistent on offense, like they always are. But the difference this year from last year was the passion that the defense played with. I thought they played hard on defense."

Pugger
09-15-2013, 09:31 AM
And had our DBs played a little better/smarter the outcome of that game might very well have been different. Screw it - lets take out our frustrations on RG3 and friends.

Joemailman
09-15-2013, 09:47 AM
If they can get and stay healthy, they could make a run. I'm one of many who think they would have won last week with Burnett and Hayward in the lineup. I think Lacy could be their best RB since Ahman Green. I don't know how teams will stop their offense if Lacy gives them a good, consistent running attack. On the other hand, they're really thin on the OL and can't afford more than 1 injury there.

mraynrand
09-15-2013, 10:06 AM
If they can get and stay healthy...

yep, if they stay healthy, they've closed the gap with SF. They are good enough to compete for the title.

Safeties and O-line are the serious question marks. Today will be interesting to see how they handle two good outside rushers on the same team. Can Bacteria and Marshmallow Outhouse (or Barclay if Sitton plays) hold up?? That performance will go a long way in figuring out how good the O-line will be long term - and they need that to be better than last year.