Detroit at Arizona, 3:05

New Orleans at Tampa Bay, 3:05

Denver at N.Y. Giants, 3:25

Jacksonville at Oakland, 3:25

San Francisco at Seattle, 7:30

MONDAY, SEPT. 16

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, 7:40

Tear 'em up Jennings! This week.

Hopefully Larry Fitzgerald is able to start against Lions.

pbmax
09-15-2013, 11:51 AM
It might be even money Carson Palmer does not make it to the end of the Lions game.

Maxie the Taxi
09-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Rotoworld is reporting that Christian Potter is one or two bad starts away from being benched. Vikings have him on a very short leash.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?r=1

Joemailman
09-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Ponder: 5-13, 61, 0-1.

pbmax
09-15-2013, 01:38 PM
I probably don't want to know but how are the Vikings within a FG of the Bears?

I know they had a strip sack of Cutler for a TD, but the rest?

Joemailman
09-15-2013, 01:43 PM
I probably don't want to know but how are the Vikings within a FG of the Bears?

I know they had a strip sack of Cutler for a TD, but the rest?

They had a 105 yard kickoff return by Patterson, as well as one 75 yard drive.

Joemailman
09-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Bears scored with 10 seconds left. Up 31-30.

Badgerinmaine
09-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Vikings fumbled the kickoff. Bears are in victory formation.

Badgerinmaine
09-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Rotoworld is reporting that Christian Potter is one or two bad starts away from being benched. Vikings have him on a very short leash.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?r=1
I'm not sure I think Matt Cassel is really any better.

Badgerinmaine
09-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Not exactly a marquee game, but Buffalo scored a touchdown on Carolina with two seconds left, made the extra point, and won 24-23 at home. That would have been fun to see.

King Friday
09-15-2013, 03:32 PM

Sounds like the work of a certain WR's sister to me.

Bossman641
09-15-2013, 03:34 PM
I CANNOT stand the fucking Bears. If there is a luckier team walking the earth I've yet to see them.

King Friday
09-15-2013, 03:35 PM
I love seeing the Bears win...because I know we OWN them. Let them beat everyone else for us...we'll take care of their sorry asses when the time comes.

packer4life
09-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Montee Ball had an AWFUL fumble in the redzone to give the Giants a touchback. He's far behind Lacy in terms of assimilation. Of course, Lacy is now indefinitely sidelined.

Guiness
09-15-2013, 05:39 PM
NYG taking the ball out of Eli's hands on first and goal. Four runs in 5 plays inside the 5 yard line.

red
09-15-2013, 06:04 PM
NYG taking the ball out of Eli's hands on first and goal. Four runs in 5 plays inside the 5 yard line.

thats smart imo

despite the new york medias best efforts, eli is nowhere near in the same class as his brother

gbgary
09-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Cards hold them. YES!

gbgary
09-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Cards beat det.

denverYooper
09-15-2013, 07:37 PM
thats smart imo

despite the new york medias best efforts, eli is nowhere near in the same class as his brother

Little brother had a terrible game.

Guiness
09-15-2013, 07:56 PM
That's karma baby! Golden Tate falls down twice in two games, this one causes an interception.

Still think you caught that hail mary pass buddy?

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/packers-seahawks.jpg

Badgerinmaine
09-15-2013, 08:30 PM
And how bad is this reflection on the Jaguars? http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23666850/florida-tv-station-apologizes-for-showing-jaguars-over-manning-bowl

run pMc
09-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Weird game between SF-SEA. Kaepernick way less efficient than last week, but SEA's defense is tough. Looks like a baseball score at the 2:00 warning of 1st half: 5-0.

Guiness
09-15-2013, 10:21 PM
funny that both team are complaining about protecting the QB in the read option, when he is afforded the protection due the QB but both teams have also tee'd off on the other's QB! Russel just got hit a bare half second after handing off the ball and the announcers spent the next minute explaining why he was not protected in that situation, and what he'd have to do to be protected.

edit: now Russel just got his head whipped around with the D drawing a facemask penalty

HarveyWallbangers
09-15-2013, 11:36 PM
I read somewhere that Christian Ponder has already thrown 5 "pick 6" interceptions in 832 career pass attempts--while Aaron Rodgers has thrown just 1 in 2744 career pass attempts.

Pugger
09-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Was the 49er/seachicken game chippy? I heard the players were borderline dirty on both sides.

Fritz
09-16-2013, 06:16 AM
Those teams deserve one another.

And the Lions blew an 8 point lead!!

pbmax
09-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Was the 49er/seachicken game chippy? I heard the players were borderline dirty on both sides.

Mostly jawing, not much in the way of cheap shots..

If you can run on that D's seven man front, no small feat, it really messes them up.

denverYooper
09-16-2013, 08:24 AM
I fell asleep at halftime but was happy to see that Kaepernick had a pretty shitty game.

Cheesehead Craig
09-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Seattle just ripped the hell out of SF's D in the second half. PB is right, if you can run on SFs front 7, they can't cope. Seattle kept doing it and SF wouldn't bring an extra guy in the box.

Russell Wilson is continuing to prove the doubters wrong. He is better outside the pocket than in it.

MadScientist
09-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Besides running against SF's 7 man front, the other key to beating them is being able to play man without letting Kapernick go wild with the read option. The announcers were commenting about the press-man coverage Seattle was doing. GB is good at that, but too chicken about CK running wild again.

pbmax
09-16-2013, 11:50 AM
They weren't just running man (which the Packers did as well) but Sherman was playing bump and run with Boldin. House might be able to do that, but Shields and Williams play press like Woodson and don't try to get a jam. Half of the plays Sherman was probably guilty of a hold, but on most of them Boldin was late into his route.

mraynrand
09-16-2013, 11:53 AM
They weren't just running man (which the Packers did as well) but Sherman was playing bump and run with Boldin. House might be able to do that, but Shields and Williams play press like Woodson and don't try to get a jam. Half of the plays Sherman was probably guilty of a hold, but on most of them Boldin was late into his route.

Seattle's been doing this successfully now since Pete's been there. It's the old Belicheat technique - hold all the time and dare the officials to call penalties on every play. If you get Ron Winter and his crew, they probably will, but most officiating crews will 'let you play' and Seattle wins that battle way more often than not.

Little Whiskey
09-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Seattle just ripped the hell out of SF's D in the second half. PB is right, if you can run on SFs front 7, they can't cope. Seattle kept doing it and SF wouldn't bring an extra guy in the box.

Russell Wilson is continuing to prove the doubters wrong. He is better outside the pocket than in it.

I didn't think Wilson played all that well last night. At one point the booth commented about him only completing 1 pass.

edit....
i pulled up his line. 8 of 19 for 142. 1TD 1INT. 33yrs rushing on 10 attempts. not a very good game.

mraynrand
09-16-2013, 01:15 PM
SF's offense was profoundly inept. The crowd had a ton to do with that - and I suspect with Kap having enough inexperience to not be able to handle it well. That could be a hurdle he will always struggle to overcome. You hear multiple QBs - even very very good ones talk about the negative effect bad memories at certain stadiums have on them. Add that to just an incredibly difficult atmosphere and a very good defense, and it's hard to get much of anything going.

mraynrand
09-16-2013, 01:16 PM
A post for the rules committee: Why is Boone (#75, SF O-line) allowed to move before every snap without getting motion penalties?

pbmax
09-16-2013, 01:22 PM
A post for the rules committee: Why is Boone (#75, SF O-line) allowed to move before every snap without getting motion penalties?

Declared himself as eligible?

mraynrand
09-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Declared himself as eligible?

That doesn't make sense on multiple levels. First, no one is going to date that guy, even if he does have coin.

MadScientist
09-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Seattle's been doing this successfully now since Pete's been there. It's the old Belicheat technique - hold all the time and dare the officials to call penalties on every play. If you get Ron Winter and his crew, they probably will, but most officiating crews will 'let you play' and Seattle wins that battle way more often than not.

That was the Packers standard technique when Harris and Woodson were the corners.

mraynrand
09-16-2013, 03:02 PM
That was the Packers standard technique when Harris and Woodson were the corners.

seems more pronounced with Seattle, but that could just be my homer glasses.

Guiness
09-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Vikings complaining Chicago was in an illegal formation for their final score! There were 8 guys on the LOS.

Malcom Floyd's injury looked really bad, looked an awful lot like Nick Collins' injury.

digitaldean
09-16-2013, 06:05 PM

I noticed that he appeared to rock back in his stance. Though I can't stand either coach, it was good to see Harbaugh's team get knocked around.

MadScientist
09-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Anyone else watching MNF? I missed the first half, but it looks like Cincinnati is much better than Washington, but have been aided by Pittsburgh's O-line being crap.

Pugger
09-17-2013, 09:06 AM
It is difficult to ascertain how good Cincy is because the Steelers are so bad. Their D is okay - but getting rather long in the tooth - but Big Ben and friends were horrendous outside of 2 drives so there's more than a decent chance Pitt's D wore out by the 4th quarter.

pbmax
09-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Reading my Twitter feed during the game there were a lot more comments worried about Dalton's play. Had I just been reading, I would have though the Steelers were winning into the 2nd half.

mraynrand
09-17-2013, 10:02 PM
just watching the philly san diego replay. Danny Woodhead gets his helmet torn off and my first reaction is "Hey, there's a white guy in there!"

George Cumby
09-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Reading my Twitter feed during the game there were a lot more comments worried about Dalton's play. Had I just been reading, I would have though the Steelers were winning into the 2nd half.

So what do you think about him as a QB? Is he a real threat or can the Packs D screw with him the way they did RGIII?