PDA

View Full Version : Dude, where's my 4th quarter?

SkinBasket
09-16-2013, 06:08 AM
Could someone please go through the trouble of summarizing the 4th quarter? The local Fox affiliate here switched to the KC-DAL game with a full fucking quarter to play... leaving the game blacked out on Sunday Ticket, of course. A concise and very polite inquiry has already been sent to WXIX regarding their decision making process, but that doesn't help me relive what seems to have been a terrible 15 minutes of football.

Also, one other thing. How about that fucking karma bus hitting that fuckface Meriweather, eh?! Since the fucking officials decided to totally ignore two helmet to helmet hits on our RBs, I hope he dies of complications from being a dickhole.

Fritz
09-16-2013, 06:14 AM
Our Fox affiliate won't even show the game when the Lions are on at 4.30 (eastern).

Frickin' a-holes.

Is next week's game Fox or CBS?

SkinBasket
09-16-2013, 06:26 AM
It's on Fox, but our channel's out of Cincinnati, so I'm fucking hoping they carry the entire game. Although I could understand why they wouldn't want to.

What really chaps my ass is that I spent a lot of fucking money to watch GB on Sunday Ticket, and when an affiliate fucks me over on a quarter of football that's been blacked out on DirectTV because it's being broadcast on network, because some shit for brains thinks people watching a GB/WSH drubbing would somehow rather be watching the boring as hell KC/DAL gay fest, then I get a little annoyed.

SkinBasket
09-16-2013, 06:28 AM
Speaking of Detroit, a friend of mine just visited who lives in St Clair Shores or something or another. His kids talk about all the burned out houses a few blocks away. They're cute.

Little Whiskey
09-16-2013, 06:35 AM
The Internet is a hell of a thing.

We had the Chicago/MN game. Then Dallas and broncos. .....and I don't live in any of their home markets

pittstang5
09-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Could someone please go through the trouble of summarizing the 4th quarter? The local Fox affiliate here switched to the KC-DAL game with a full fucking quarter to play... leaving the game blacked out on Sunday Ticket, of course. A concise and very polite inquiry has already been sent to WXIX regarding their decision making process, but that doesn't help me relive what seems to have been a terrible 15 minutes of football.

Also, one other thing. How about that fucking karma bus hitting that fuckface Meriweather, eh?! Since the fucking officials decided to totally ignore two helmet to helmet hits on our RBs, I hope he dies of complications from being a dickhole.

Huh, interesting. I have DirectTv and no blackout for me. The only thing weird was as soon as the GB game ended, I mean RIGHT when the clock went to 0 they switched to another game - no seeing the coaches or players on the field.

3irty1
09-16-2013, 07:19 AM
FYI the one stop place for those looking to stream is Greg Punzo's twitter account. Just google it. He posts a solid link to every game streamed from Europe. The commentary in between the feed is fucking terrible and the commercials are often bizarre and Europian but its a good way to watch the game and stick it to the man. The quality of the feed is as good as your connection can handle.

sharpe1027
09-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Huh, interesting. I have DirectTv and no blackout for me. The only thing weird was as soon as the GB game ended, I mean RIGHT when the clock went to 0 they switched to another game - no seeing the coaches or players on the field.

your local station probably did not pick up the game. The ticket is blacked out when they do. Was the Minnesota game or something like that on? If you pay the money for the ticket you should not be at the whim of some local yahoo selecting whatever game suits their fancy.

SkinBasket
09-16-2013, 08:03 AM
your local station probably did not pick up the game. The ticket is blacked out when they do. Was the Minnesota game or something like that on? If you pay the money for the ticket you should not be at the whim of some local yahoo selecting whatever game suits their fancy.

Exactly. And it's not like you can switch over to the game on sunday ticket if the local station decides to drop out of that game. Assuming you're even watching it live to know.

Same deal goes for afternoon starts. You can find yourself watching the agonizing final 1:30 of Denver vs Carolina while the first 8 minutes of the Packer game disappears into the void. But you can't switch to the game on Sunday ticket because the affiliate has it slated for network airing. Even though they're not airing it. At least until you get to watch 5 timeouts, 3 kneel downs, and a booth initiated replay or two in a game between two teams of no interest to your market that ends up decided by 8 points.

pbmax
09-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Here is what I remember of the 4th Quarter:

- McCarthy went to his 4 minute, phone booth offense at 10 minutes to go (they did run off 1.5-2 minutes of clock but that was it on 3 and out) and promptly stopped any momentum the offense had until he removed Tom Clements head form his posterior and let Rodgers throw in the last series.

- Washington could drive but stalled once for a 50 yd FG with the kicker they signed this week; he sliced it wide right. The other drive got them a TD on Moss' touchdown.

EDIT: Wrong. FGA was earlier. Redskins scored another TD on a long drive prior to phone booth offense drive. 2 long completions by Griffin and TD to Reed.

- Packers stopped the 2 point conversion

There are more details here:

http://blog.redskins.com/2013/09/15/4th-quarter-ending-redskins-packers/

SkinBasket
09-16-2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks buttercup! I was looking for the kind of flavor you dont get from your typical game log.

denverYooper
09-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Here is what I remember of the 4th Quarter:

- McCarthy went to his 4 minute, phone booth offense at 10 minutes to go (they did run off 1.5-2 minutes of clock but that was it on 3 and out) and promptly stopped any momentum the offense had until he removed Tom Clements head form his posterior and let Rodgers throw in the last series.

- Washington could drive but stalled once for a 50 yd FG with the kicker they signed this week; he sliced it wide right. The other drive got them a TD on Moss' touchdown.

EDIT: Wrong. FGA was earlier. Redskins scored another TD on a long drive prior to phone booth offense drive. 2 long completions by Griffin and TD to Reed.

- Packers stopped the 2 point conversion

There are more details here:

http://blog.redskins.com/2013/09/15/4th-quarter-ending-redskins-packers/

Didn't M3 say they started throwing again 4th after Kuhn left with a hammy?

pbmax
09-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Didn't M3 say they started throwing again 4th after Kuhn left with a hammy?

Didn't see that. But I liked that drive much better. Actually, he started doing it again with 2 runs but Rodgers bailed him out with a first down toss to Jones and then a pass to Finley.

pittstang5
09-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Oh, I misunderstood. I didn't realize you were watching on a local station. I know that has happened to me a couple times, but I also think on one occasion, probably a couple years ago, the Packers were on my local station, blowing someone out and they switched to another game. I thought I was able to get the Packers game on an NFL ticket channel. I could be wrong.

However, for later games, I know in the past, if the Packers had a 4:25pm start and it was on my local station (Fox or CBS) and the 1:00 pm game ran over, I would be able to watch the beginning, usually up to the 1st quarter on the NFL ticket channel, then switch back to the local station once the 1:00 game finally ended and they started airing the 4:25 game. Then, after the 1st quarter ends, the NFL ticket channel would then go black.

mraynrand
09-16-2013, 09:58 AM

If the game is being carried locally, Directv has to black it out. But then they don't always keep up with the local stations to know if and when games are switched. This shouldn't be that hard to do: Directv should keep track of the stations and when they switch. Sometimes they screw this up, but other times they get it right. Often what happens in Cleveland if GB is the late game on the same channel, is that the Cleveland game goes late, cutting off the beginning of the Packer game. Directv sometimes remembers to 'unblacken' the Packer game until the broadcast picks up locally. But sometimes they forget. Nevertheless, DirecTV has 'shortcuts' which is a half hour broadcast starting at midnight of all the day's games (except NBC and ESPN games), with only the plays and none of the filler. But you have to set up to record; they only stick around for less than a day. Great way to watch 5 or so games, half-hour each night of the week.

Smidgeon
09-16-2013, 10:15 AM

They did it out here in San Francisco too. I was not pleased.

Fritz
09-16-2013, 11:00 AM
FYI the one stop place for those looking to stream is Greg Punzo's twitter account. Just google it. He posts a solid link to every game streamed from Europe. The commentary in between the feed is fucking terrible and the commercials are often bizarre and Europian but its a good way to watch the game and stick it to the man. The quality of the feed is as good as your connection can handle.

First time I ever really wanted to sign up for Twitter...

CaptainKickass
09-16-2013, 11:05 AM
First time I ever really wanted to sign up for Twitter...

... and you don't even have to sign up for Twitter to see a Twitter feed!

:glug:

hoosier
09-16-2013, 12:37 PM
If you splurge on an extra $40 for NFL rewind you can watch replays of all the Packer games you will be missing because of your local network's indifference. And--bonus!--you can also catch all of the pick-6s thrown by Cutler and Ponder, and all of the leads Detroit finds a way to blow, and all of the many blows that are sure to be delivered by the karma bus this year. I have no real interest in selling NFL rewind, but it does serve a purpose.

Smidgeon
09-16-2013, 01:18 PM
If you splurge on an extra $40 for NFL rewind you can watch replays of all the Packer games you will be missing because of your local network's indifference. And--bonus!--you can also catch all of the pick-6s thrown by Cutler and Ponder, and all of the leads Detroit finds a way to blow, and all of the many blows that are sure to be delivered by the karma bus this year. I have no real interest in selling NFL rewind, but it does serve a purpose.

That's what I've been using ever since I moved away from the Midwest. I haven't missed a game since. And for cheaper than DirecTV.

pbmax
09-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Apparently you can get the regular season (no postseason) for one team for only $30.

hoosier
09-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Yeah but then you miss out on any of the spectacles that our divisional opponents are sure to make of themselves.

Jimx29
09-16-2013, 07:24 PM
If it makes ya feel any better, where I live I have Charter and I get 2 Fox, 2 NBC, 2 ABC, and 2 CBS stations. One feeds the Wisconsin market, and the other the Twin Cities market games.
On the other hand, if you have dish or directtv, i'm only about 35 miles from the "Local" Eau Claire stations but they make ya have the twin cities stations as the local stations. :crazy:

MJZiggy
09-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks buttercup! I was looking for the kind of flavor you dont get from your typical game log.

And Rodgers tied a record for most passing yards in a game because Matt Flynn could not be allowed to hold that record, apparently. I wanted him to throw for one more stinking yard.

Pugger
09-17-2013, 09:12 AM
And Rodgers tied a record for most passing yards in a game because Matt Flynn could not be allowed to hold that record, apparently. I wanted him to throw for one more stinking yard.

Me too. Evidently neither McC or Rodgers knew how close he was to breaking the record.