PDA

View Full Version : For your viewing pleasure.........

George Cumby
09-16-2013, 08:42 AM
"Down goes Frazuh! Down goes Frazuh!"

http://deadspin.com/brandon-meriweather-injures-himself-on-second-helmet-to-1319695688

red
09-16-2013, 11:52 AM
as much as i hate aikmen, i love his comments at the end of the clip

mraynrand
09-16-2013, 12:06 PM
That could have just as easily have been the Stark plug, going down and what then are the packers left with. It would be a powerful gesture if the NFL suspended Merricrownhead for a year.

hoosier
09-16-2013, 12:28 PM
That could have just as easily have been the Stark plug, going down and what then are the packers left with. It would be a powerful gesture if the NFL suspended Merricrownhead for a year.

Agreed, though from a practical perspective the suspension would probably be moot.

Little Whiskey
09-16-2013, 12:33 PM
I think the second hit was more blatant than the first. watch the video. he lines him up and clearly lowers his head to spear starks. serves the dirty bastard right to get knocked out of the game. He should get suspended after he is fully recovered. more interesting was the lack of flags on either hit.

Tony Oday
09-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Suspend him for two games, he will be out with concussion anyway, and fine $100k that will be a good message.

run pMc
09-16-2013, 12:37 PM

Yeah, Lacy and Starks are a more imposing duo than Kuhn and Franklin. That would have been ugly. I think Meriweather gets fined $15-25K for the Lacy hit only.
I wonder if the lightbulb will go on for Franklin and he'll see the field. I have to think he'll see more snaps in practice this week with Lacy's injury.

pbmax
09-16-2013, 12:44 PM
I just don't understand the point of the rule if that isn't a crown of the helmet hit. The RB should not be able to bail the DB out of a rules infraction by changing the angle of contact. He dipped his head and only missed the top of Starks helmet because Starks leaned forward. His arms aren't extended, there would have been no wrap up even if he was conscious and he targeted the head with his head.

I suspect there is a good chance Merriweather already rung his own bell on Lacy and this just made it worse.

Also Lacy needs to learn not to just jump forward, head first, into an open spot. He was completely vulnerable.

bobblehead
09-16-2013, 09:39 PM

The reason starks didn't get hurt is simple. He initiated the contact. In general the guy delivering the blow doesn't get hurt. Lacy was standstill vulnerable and got the starry eyes. Starks knew what was coming and delivered the thunder. I doubt merriweather ever dreamt that the blow was being delivered and that made him vulnerable. I have always said in football you are hitting or you are being hit. The choice is yours.

MadScientist
09-16-2013, 10:38 PM
The reason starks didn't get hurt is simple. He initiated the contact. In general the guy delivering the blow doesn't get hurt. Lacy was standstill vulnerable and got the starry eyes. Starks knew what was coming and delivered the thunder. I doubt merriweather ever dreamt that the blow was being delivered and that made him vulnerable. I have always said in football you are hitting or you are being hit. The choice is yours.

With helmet to helmet hits, both players care at risk for concussions and neck injuries. Starks was was better braced and leaned into the hit. So yea, you can say Starks delivered the hit, but if you look at that clip (0:26), Starks' head made a pretty violent side to side move, so he was fortunate to not have a concussion as well.

mraynrand
09-17-2013, 07:18 AM

poppycock