PDA

View Full Version : Colts Trade for Brown's Richardson

pbmax
09-18-2013, 05:46 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/18/colts-trade-first-round-pick-for-trent-richardson/

Richardson to Colts for Colt's 2014 first round pick. Browns now stocked with five picks in first 3 rounds of 2014 to draft Johnny Manziel.

pbmax
09-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Sorry Joe, jumped your post in Week 2 Aftermath.

But since I am here, should have read that Browns now have 7 picks in first four rounds (2,1,2,2)

Guiness
09-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Sorry Joe, jumped your post in Week 2 Aftermath.

But since I am here, should have read that Browns now have 7 picks in first four rounds (2,1,2,2)

I'll post what I did over there...

*mind blown*

A season and 2 games, pretty fast to give up a guy drafted #3 overall who wasn't a total washout.

Interesting that this even can happen. It's a result of the rookie salary cap, before the changes teams were pretty much stuck with their picks unless they wanted to eat a huge cap hit. They'll still eat a chunk, his signing bonus should've been close to $15mil.

red
09-18-2013, 05:59 PM
desperation from the colts. first round pick for a guy with a 3.5 yard average?

and for the browns, what the hell do they have now to keep their fans coming in this season?

Guiness
09-18-2013, 06:03 PM

and for the browns, what the hell do they have now to keep their fans coming in this season?

Richardson might still be ok, he'll have a lot more room to run with Luck as his QB. He did get 950 yards last season, apparently with broken ribs. Which makes me think...if the Browns are looking to get rid of some draft picks that didn't work out, wouldn't their other 2012 first rounder have been a better choice? Of course, all they probably would've gotten for him was a 5th or 6th rounder pick.

pbmax
09-18-2013, 06:05 PM
A really good read about what happens in the Draft War Room of an NFL team on Day 1. Its from this past draft so someone might have posted it already and I just missed it. Covers the Browns options with the #6 pick.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9255454/chuck-klosterman-draft-day-cleveland

Joemailman
09-18-2013, 06:19 PM

They tell them, "You're gonna love Clowney!"

mraynrand
09-18-2013, 06:21 PM

We're not Detroit!

mraynrand
09-18-2013, 06:29 PM
I was listening to this fan call in the local radio station, and he sounded tired, just plain tired. With a heavy voice, deliberate and thick like a wafting gas just bubbled up from the mississippi mudflats, he relates the story of the serengeti, where a male lion, when it establishes it's Pride by defeating the previous male lion, will kill all the cubs. He says that Lombardi (the GM) is killing the Holmgren cubs and we gotta start all over again. Then he hung up. The announcers need to use caller ID and call the suicide hotline for that guy, especially since the next guy calls up and reminds everyone that it's been a total of 160 seasons since one of the three major franchises in Cleveland last won a championship. The silence from the hosts of the show was gut wrenching.

digitaldean
09-18-2013, 06:37 PM
What a mess. Cleveland.com reporting Weeden may never get his starting job back (per the Browns). Jason Campbell or Brian Hoyer are your choices. As if living in the armpit of Ohio wasn't bad enough, you have the perpetual building for the future, PLUS an owner who may face federal prison time. Cleveland has a good defense but a horrific offense. Heck if they're in a fire sale mood, I'd trade a draft pick or two for Joe Thomas!

Upnorth
09-18-2013, 07:05 PM
What a mess. Cleveland.com reporting Weeden may never get his starting job back (per the Browns). Jason Campbell or Brian Hoyer are your choices. As if living in the armpit of Ohio wasn't bad enough, you have the perpetual building for the future, PLUS an owner who may face federal prison time. Cleveland has a good defense but a horrific offense. Heck if they're in a fire sale mood, I'd trade a draft pick or two for Joe Thomas!

I believe he is still in the last year of his original contract so it would be a one year rental. While Joe would be a god send to us, what would he cost? I was gunning for Eric Winston at RT and he would have cost about 4 mil per season,

Patler
09-18-2013, 07:51 PM
I believe he is still in the last year of his original contract so it would be a one year rental. While Joe would be a god send to us, what would he cost? I was gunning for Eric Winston at RT and he would have cost about 4 mil per season,

Thomas is signed for the useful years of his career. In 2011 he signed a seven year extension added to the one remaining year at the time. He is signed through 2018. Details of the contract:

7 years, $84 million of new money,$44 million was guaranteed.

Remaining payments:
$200,000 workout bonus in each year through 2018
$1 million roster bonus in each year of 2016-18.
Remaining salaries: 2013-2018 are $10 million, $10.9 million, $8.8 million, $8.3 million, $8.8 million & $8.8 million.

mraynrand
09-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Joe Thomas' performance has slipped.

Overheard on Cleveland radio (KNR AM 850): The announcer (prob Greg Brenda) is reading through the Plain Dealer (local newspaper) obituaries and pointing out all the people who died today that NEVER, NEVER got to see Cleveland win a Championship. Gotta love Cleveland! They have negativity the likes even Green Bay in the 70s and 80s never knew.

digitaldean
09-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Thomas is signed for the useful years of his career. In 2011 he signed a seven year extension added to the one remaining year at the time. He is signed through 2018. Details of the contract:

Remaining payments:
Remaining salaries: 2013-2018 are $10 million, $10.9 million, $8.8 million, $8.3 million, $8.8 million & $8.8 million.

If those are his numbers, should we assume he will be a cap casualty next year, if his production has slipped?

red
09-18-2013, 08:45 PM

Remaining payments:

only 6 million of it was a signing bonus, and i have no clue how the get 44 million guaranteed from

he counts 12.3 million next season, and if traded, the browns would only get hit with a 2.4 million dollar hit

they might just cut hit. why pay that much money every year to protect shit?

mraynrand
09-18-2013, 08:50 PM
why pay that much money every year to protect shit?

well, that's the point - next year they might have something worth protecting. Still, If Thomas continues to slide, by next year he may be no better than Bacteria. Although he acknowledged in the off season that last year he was bad and that he worked hard to get better this year, through two games, he's been so-so.

Patler
09-18-2013, 09:27 PM
only 6 million of it was a signing bonus, and i have no clue how the get 44 million guaranteed from

he counts 12.3 million next season, and if traded, the browns would only get hit with a 2.4 million dollar hit

they might just cut hit. why pay that much money every year to protect shit?

He also had a reporting bonus and a roster bonus the first year for another $5 Million. I think the extension was signed after TC started, so the payments probably were due on signing, and guaranteed. He still had a year left on his rookie contract, plus another voidable year on the rookie contract. Whatever was due under that might have been guaranteed, too.

Upnorth
09-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Joe definitely is not worth that kind of money. At this point I think we should all just agree I was right that we should have went after Winston. Right???

Fritz
09-19-2013, 06:54 AM
As for the trade, it smacks of desperation in Indy, and it sounds like the Browns actually did something smart. Running backs have a short shelf life anyway, and if Richardson was already banged up, and if he wasn't turning into the next Adrian Peterson, then it was smart to ditch him.

The problem for the Browns is that they'll probably end up using two of those picks to draft Clowney, who sounds like a blend of Mario Williams's body and Cletidus Hunt's head, and Johnny Football, who sounds to me like Colt McCoy prettied up.

Guiness
09-19-2013, 07:21 AM
Put me in the 'Johnny Manziel isn't an NFL QB' camp. If the Browns fall in love with and draft him, they're in for another bunch of years of suckage.

Ozamataz Buckshank, the new Browns starting RB. Yes, he's surprised
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUetRVmCMAAOxbd.jpg

3irty1
09-19-2013, 07:26 AM
They have a naming convention for their heartbreaking sports injustices. Cleveland has earned the right to be wist.

Bossman641
09-19-2013, 08:20 AM
I think it's a smart trade for the Browns in the long run but a nightmare from a marketing perspective. Could you imagine being a Browns fan? Who the hell would you buy a jersey of? Joe Haden is the only "big name" they have outside of Thomas.

Cheesehead Craig
09-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Screw Manziel, this is a play to get Bridgewater. Cleveland has now said with this move that they want the #1 overall pick with this trade. I wouldn't be surprised if they parlayed a bunch of those picks to move into the first round for a 3rd pick with one of them being used on a WR.

hoosier
09-19-2013, 09:12 AM
As for the trade, it smacks of desperation in Indy, and it sounds like the Browns actually did something smart. Running backs have a short shelf life anyway, and if Richardson was already banged up, and if he wasn't turning into the next Adrian Peterson, then it was smart to ditch him.

The problem for the Browns is that they'll probably end up using two of those picks to draft Clowney, who sounds like a blend of Mario Williams's body and Cletidus Hunt's head, and Johnny Football, who sounds to me like Colt McCoy prettied up.

They did something smart (trade Richardson for a 1) after doing something incredibly dumb (draft Richardson with the #3 overall last year), which cannot help but raise the question, how will they squander the pick they just got from the Colts?

pbmax
09-19-2013, 09:12 AM
They have a naming convention for their heartbreaking sports injustices. Cleveland has earned the right to be wist.

This. The Dan Patrick Show was just reviewing them and as former fan, not only did I know the names better than the show's staff, I started to get depressed all over again.

Had to switch to Banjo music to cheer up. :)

pbmax
09-19-2013, 09:18 AM
They did something smart (trade Richardson for a 1) after doing something incredibly dumb (draft Richardson with the #3 overall last year), which cannot help but raise the question, how will they squander the pick they just got from the Colts?

That is the thing I saw only one person talk about yesterday. All the 2014 picks in the world won't help if you can only get the 3rd best QB in a 2 franchise QB draft (2005-Smith/Rodgers year).

Not to mention this from Ben Muth at Football Outsiders:

Ben Muth ‏@FO_wordofmuth 13h
Good chance the Browns end up w/the 3rd best QB of 2014 class. If Jax or Oakland finish worse, they ain't trading down.

They need to tank and tank hard. Tank like LeBron is riding on it.

KYPack
09-19-2013, 09:38 AM
More misery for the "Factory of Sadness".

Looks like Jim Brown was right.

He was the first one on the "Richardson ain't that good" bandwagon.

hoosier
09-19-2013, 10:00 AM
That portrait of Michael Lombardi in grantland had to be pretty depressing if you are a Browns fan. Unless they tank to the level of Clowney it is hard to have much confidence in the GMs ability to get consistent value from any pick, no matter how high. Not to mention what the frequent turnover in the coaching staff does for player development.

CaptainKickass
09-19-2013, 10:12 AM
We're not Detroit!

Fun times in Cleveland again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

red
09-19-2013, 11:08 AM
think of all those pissed off fans who bought richarson jerseys because he was the only guys whos jersey was worth buying

seemed like a safe investment at the time

mraynrand
09-19-2013, 11:13 AM
That portrait of Michael Lombardi in grantland had to be pretty depressing if you are a Browns fan. Unless they tank to the level of Clowney it is hard to have much confidence in the GMs ability to get consistent value from any pick, no matter how high. Not to mention what the frequent turnover in the coaching staff does for player development.

Locally there is not a lot of confidence in Lombardi, and I agree. I heard they hired him and I'm thinking "Uh oh, here's another talking head given the reigns." It really is a Matt Millen kind of error.

Cheesehead Craig
09-19-2013, 11:14 AM
think of all those pissed off fans who bought richarson jerseys because he was the only guys whos jersey was worth buying

seemed like a safe investment at the time

Gotta invent a jersey that you can buy names, and numbers that are removable so that way when a player is no longer with the team, you can just order new names and numbers. Like some sort of stickers that would peel off the jersey. Probably already been done.

mraynrand
09-19-2013, 11:18 AM
The Brownies don't necessarily need the 'franchise QB.' They need some competence and stability there, but since 1999, they've never really built any kind of o-line. Maybe parlay 3 of those top two round picks into a rock-solid line, and you can win with a decent offense and an outstanding defense. And draft the next NFL MVP with your late first round pick (probably #24 from Indy).

mraynrand
09-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Another WR and TE couldn't hurt either. The cupboard is pretty bare on the offensive side of the ball.

red
09-19-2013, 11:53 AM

i don't know about clowney being #1 anymore

the guy has looked very average so far this year, his stock could be dropping

mraynrand
09-19-2013, 11:59 AM
i don't know about clowney being #1 anymore

the guy has looked very average so far this year, his stock could be dropping

there are character issues as well. More on the effort side.

red
09-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Screw Manziel, this is a play to get Bridgewater. Cleveland has now said with this move that they want the #1 overall pick with this trade. I wouldn't be surprised if they parlayed a bunch of those picks to move into the first round for a 3rd pick with one of them being used on a WR.

i think you're right about them using all the ammo they have now in order to move up and get the exact guy they want

i hope they go with jonny football, because i think he's gonna be a massive flop in the nfl along the lines of "robo-qb" Marinovich or ryan leaf

to me, the guy seems like a massive off the field head ache waiting to happen

Guiness
09-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Gotta invent a jersey that you can buy names, and numbers that are removable so that way when a player is no longer with the team, you can just order new names and numbers. Like some sort of stickers that would peel off the jersey. Probably already been done.

A lot less wear and tear on a Packers jersey than the Browns one

http://cippinonsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/browns_pack_qbs.jpg

red
09-19-2013, 06:18 PM
does flynn need to be added to that jersey?

he did start for us, and set a team record

its like the old bears QB deal. they had like 20 or 30 starting QB's during the same time we had favre

Guiness
09-19-2013, 07:07 PM

I guess you could, he started two games, one in 2010, one in 2011. Of course, if you want to go back to 1992, the previous iteration of the Browns, you add 6 more names to their list

its like the old bears QB deal. they had like 20 or 30 starting QB's during the same time we had favre

Seemed like the had a lot, even if you just count guys who were named as the regular starting QB, as opposed to those who started due to injuries to the regular starter.

Still, my favorite Bear qb to start a game was Peter Tom Willis! I happened to watch the one game he started, vs Denver, I think he got sacked about 6-7 times!

King Friday
09-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Let me put it to you in terms that should make all Browns fans cringe...

The last time Mr. Mike Lombardi had an opportunity to select a franchise QB, he settled on JaMarcus Russell.

This was a tremendously stupid trade by the Browns. As if the team isn't already full of huge holes on the roster...let's make another one by dumping the only capable offensive player on it. Richardson is going to turn out to be a very good player in Indy, where defenses won't be able to sell out completely to stopping him. He will be good for 1500 yards from scrimmage every year and double digit TDs.

Joemailman
09-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Let me put it to you in terms that should make all Browns fans cringe...

The last time Mr. Mike Lombardi had an opportunity to select a franchise QB, he settled on JaMarcus Russell.

This was a tremendously stupid trade by the Browns. As if the team isn't already full of huge holes on the roster...let's make another one by dumping the only capable offensive player on it. Richardson is going to turn out to be a very good player in Indy, where defenses won't be able to sell out completely to stopping him. He will be good for 1500 yards from scrimmage every year and double digit TDs.

Keep in mind that he was working for Al Davis, so we don't know if drafting Russell was really his idea or not. Richardson is a good player, but the Browns need lots of good players. Thay also need a quarterback, and they'll have the ammunition to move up in the draft if they need to to get the guy they want.

Bretsky
09-19-2013, 09:24 PM

With fondness I recall Madtown at the First Even Packerrate Game Year one pimping Matt Flynn as our long term answer at QB as opposed to Aaron Rodgers; Remembering the "Flynn to Win" chants as we walked around from bar to bar.

Of course the average blood alcohol level was about .25% at that time and some frickin how I got dragged out of the Oval Office and ended up in some dam "acceptance" bar...or some dam term I'd never heard of but Mad has...that 15 minute change was perhaps one of the lower points in my existence :)))

mraynrand
09-19-2013, 11:28 PM
The last time Mr. Mike Lombardi had an opportunity to select a franchise QB, he settled on JaMarcus Russell..

Lombardi could very well be Matt Millen II. I think that once you've been a talking head, you start thinking of the GM duties like a hybrid between a video game and fantasy football

Guiness
09-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Interesting how many of the pundits are saying this was a good trade for the Browns.

I guess it depends on your evaluation of Richardson. Much and more has been said about his 3.5yd/carry average. Is that on him, or the lack of overall talent on O? With the crapshoot that is the NFL draft, just because you don't get someone destined for Canton with a pick doesn't mean it's a wash. Odds are whoever they get with their first rounder from the Colts. And if rumour has it right and they put all their eggs in one basket to move up and get the QB they want the repercussions of missing on that pick are even worse...not to mention that means they give up on two first round picks pretty quickly!

KYPack
09-20-2013, 01:39 PM
I'd say he's a fair hand. Kind of a C+ - B- kind of a player. He can do all the necessary things an RB should do, but...

Jim Brown kind of called the kid out. He's not really a star, a playmaker. He can't do the one thing that the special guys can. He's average at best at breaking tackles. Marshawn Lynch, Peterson can all make runs on their own after freeing themselves from the tackle. Kings eval is probably true. The kid had 12 touchdowns last season. So he will probably do that (double digit touches) for Indy, but 1500 yards a season? I really don't see that production from this guy.

He's young so that could change. Indy was kind of painted in the corner. They were thin at RB and had to bust a move to save their season.

Brandon494
09-20-2013, 01:45 PM
You mean the same Marshawn Lynch who struggled in Buffalo? :smile: I think change of scenery is just what he needed, Richardson is going to be a stud with the Colts now that he actually has a QB.

mraynrand
09-20-2013, 01:54 PM
You mean the same Marshawn Lynch who struggled in Buffalo? :smile: I think change of scenery is just what he needed, Richardson is going to be a stud with the Colts now that he actually has a QB.

It's a lot harder to break a tackle when you have six guys draped on you. So TR should have it a lot better, but at the same time it illustrates just ho w impressive AP was last year.

run pMc
09-20-2013, 01:56 PM
I think the Browns traded the wrong #1 pick. Wheeden is not a keeper.
Trading TR for Indy's #1 pick sure feels like they're buying high and selling low, but clearly they want to rebuild and if they wanted to move him they got a good price for a good but not elite RB. Doesn't help their chances in the W-L column or the PR department. It's possible there's some personal stuff going on (TR hates the coach or GM, legal issues, etc.) that triggered the trade.

Hardesty sure doesn't look like he's going to break 950 yards for CLE. You can bet CLE fans will be watching to see who they take with this pick. If they're smart they use it to trade down for multiple picks.

Who would you rather have, Richardson or Lacy? Richardson or Ingram?
Was Willis McGahee still available, and could Indy have signed him vs. Richardson?

Cheesehead Craig
09-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I think Richardson can get 250 carries/season with Indy. That would put him about 15th in carries in the NFL on an avg year. Put in a 4.3 ypc which would be good as the #20 ypc RB in the NFL and that's almost an 1100 yd rushing season. Give him 45 catches/yr at 8 ypc for 360 yds and you got a 1500 yards from scrimmage RB. I don't think any of these numbers are really outrageous given he's going from a horrible offense to a pretty good one. He's weapon #3 - #4 arguably on the team instead of the only weapon so I think his stats are going to increase. I'd even go with these numbers are slightly conservative.

I'm with Brandon that he's going to really flourish with Indy and very likely get bigger rushing numbers (like 13-1400) going forward.

Brandon494
09-20-2013, 02:10 PM
It's a lot harder to break a tackle when you have six guys draped on you. So TR should have it a lot better, but at the same time it illustrates just ho w impressive AP was last year.

AP might be the greatest RB to ever play the game though.

KYPack
09-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Trading TR for Indy's #1 pick sure feels like they're buying high and selling low, but clearly they want to rebuild and if they wanted to move him they got a good price for a good but not elite RB. Doesn't help their chances in the W-L column or the PR department. It's possible there's some personal stuff going on (TR hates the coach or GM, legal issues, etc.) that triggered the trade.

Hardesty sure doesn't look like he's going to break 950 yards for CLE. You can bet CLE fans will be watching to see who they take with this pick. If they're smart they use it to trade down for multiple picks.

Who would you rather have, Richardson or Lacy? Richardson or Ingram?
Was Willis McGahee still available, and could Indy have signed him vs. Richardson?

Few things,
Hardesty is out for the season with a knee.
Lacy. Seriously, I like Eddy.
Richardson over Ingram any day.

Cleveland signed McGahee.

mraynrand
09-20-2013, 02:58 PM

if so, you'd be lucky to get a third for him at this point. Who would give a 1 or 2 for him? Answer: no one. He's a firefly, cancelled after just one season.

KYPack
09-20-2013, 03:38 PM
if so, you'd be lucky to get a third for him at this point. Who would give a 1 or 2 for him? Answer: no one. He's a firefly, cancelled after just one season.

Ya probably couldn't get a 3rd for him.

I never got why Holmy was all ate up about Weeden.

Look at the two organizations. Indy was 2-14 two seasons ago and now they are all in for a run at the SB.

Cleve is 2 for 15 years and is ready to toss in the towel after a couple games this year.

Guiness
09-20-2013, 04:17 PM
You can bet CLE fans will be watching to see who they take with this pick. If they're smart they use it to trade down for multiple picks.

Everything I've read said they're going to bundle their picks to get to the top of the first and take a franchise QB.

There's a mess of college QBs in the mix. Bridgewater, Boyd, Hundley, McCarron - worse part is, you just know they'll take Manziel if he declares (he can, can't he?)

run pMc
09-20-2013, 04:34 PM

Yeah, I don't know if you'd get that. Not with the QB's that will be available at the top of the draft and the teams that need a QB. Weeden has backup written all over him IMO. Is he better than Ponder? I'd take Alex Smith over Weeden, and IIRC SF got a R2 for him.

Even if CLE can package picks and move up (or be in a spot to pick top 3) I have no faith they will pick a QB who pans out. Who does the QB throw to? Who else do they have besides Josh Gordon?

Would it be a big middle finger to the fans if they kept the Indy pick and took T.J.Yeldon?

King Friday
09-20-2013, 07:36 PM
So he will probably do that (double digit touches) for Indy, but 1500 yards a season? I really don't see that production from this guy.

As a rookie...on a offensively challenged Browns team with a weak rookie QB, no capable receivers, and mediocre OL...Richardson ran for 950 and caught 50 balls for another 350. He had 1300 total yards being THE ONLY FUCKING GUY in Cleveland.

I said 1500 yards from scrimmage...rushing AND receiving. Richardson doesn't have the breakaway speed to rack up 1500 rushing yards on a consistent basis, and Indy is going to pass a lot anyway. However, Richardson demands defensive attention because the dude is a tank. If you don't put at least 7 in the box, he'll gash you to death with 6-10 yard runs. He's money in goal line and short yardage situations. The one real area he needs help in is pass blocking...but Indy will make that lesson a priority from day one.

I don't care what Jim Brown says...the guy is old and senile and has more experience taking shovels to cars than evaluating NFL talent.

Joemailman
09-21-2013, 12:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tRBDMMVctu8

mraynrand
09-21-2013, 06:31 AM
I don't care what Jim Brown says...

hear, hear! That's a bitter old dude, who cares more about protecting his legacy than the fate of the browns. He reminds me of the '72 Dolphins, celebrating each year when that last undefeated team loses.

Bernie Kosar is a much better team icon. Bernie takes every loss like a punch in the gut.

Guiness
09-21-2013, 12:50 PM
In other former Browns RB news, Peyton Hillis got released by Tampa. What happened to that guy? Monster season, Madden cover wouldn't sign an extension then the wheels really fell off.

He's only 27. Any possibility he can still do it? I wonder if the Browns bring him in for a look see??? They certainly need a runner!

mraynrand
09-21-2013, 01:26 PM
In other former Browns RB news, Peyton Hillis got released by Tampa. What happened to that guy? Monster season, Madden cover wouldn't sign an extension then the wheels really fell off.

He's only 27. Any possibility he can still do it? I wonder if the Browns bring him in for a look see??? They certainly need a runner!

That's a total attitude problem. Guy's head got so huge it was unbelievable. I think this is part of Brown's Fan Derangement Syndrome. The fan base is so starved for wins, so starved for a legitimate NFL star to lead them to the promised land, that they jump on bandwagons while they are still on the assembly line and then crash hard when they realize the wagon is a Chrysler Sebring. Hillis thought he was John Riggins, but really was closer to Toby Gerhart.

KYPack
09-21-2013, 03:37 PM
As a rookie...on a offensively challenged Browns team with a weak rookie QB, no capable receivers, and mediocre OL...Richardson ran for 950 and caught 50 balls for another 350. He had 1300 total yards being THE ONLY FUCKING GUY in Cleveland.

I said 1500 yards from scrimmage...rushing AND receiving. Richardson doesn't have the breakaway speed to rack up 1500 rushing yards on a consistent basis, and Indy is going to pass a lot anyway. However, Richardson demands defensive attention because the dude is a tank. If you don't put at least 7 in the box, he'll gash you to death with 6-10 yard runs. He's money in goal line and short yardage situations. The one real area he needs help in is pass blocking...but Indy will make that lesson a priority from day one.

I don't care what Jim Brown says...the guy is old and senile and has more experience taking shovels to cars than evaluating NFL talent.

Well, you think the kid is a big star, I don't. He can do the job, but I think the Brownies should have drafted him in that spot. Did Indy overpay? Maybe, but I admire their spunk by going all in.

Jim Brown? 5 assaults on Women and at least one on a man. Sounds like a lot of people don't listen (according to Jim) to him.

Guiness
09-21-2013, 04:15 PM
That's a total attitude problem. Guy's head got so huge it was unbelievable. I think this is part of Brown's Fan Derangement Syndrome. The fan base is so starved for wins, so starved for a legitimate NFL star to lead them to the promised land, that they jump on bandwagons while they are still on the assembly line and then crash hard when they realize the wagon is a Chrysler Sebring. Hillis thought he was John Riggins, but really was closer to Toby Gerhart.

Heh. I wonder if he'll get his head screwed on straight? Getting cut by TB and being offered nothing but a vet minimum contract might go a long ways towards that. He was a vested vet on the roster for week 1 of the season, right? He's getting paid this year regardless?