PDA

View Full Version : Terry Glenn

No Mo Moss
08-25-2006, 11:03 AM
I saw him have a really nice game yesterday and I can't help but feel sick thinking about how nice he woul dbe on this roster. What did we get for him anyway? I though we gave a second or third to get him.

red
08-25-2006, 11:08 AM
i think we traded him away for less then what we got him for the year before

i wanna say it was a 4th we got for him, but that might be wrong

SkinBasket
08-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I love TG. Still have his mini bobble head around here somewhere. Sherman was not the coach for him, though.

red
08-25-2006, 11:19 AM
i think we gave up a 4th rounders in 2002 and 2003 and traded him for a 6th rounder in 2004
how horrible was that?

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
I think we only had him signed for a 1 year deal, not sure if we traded him away for anything.

No Mo Moss
08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
I never understood Shermans sense of urgency to get him out of GB when Driver emerged. He had put up decent #'s, just not a lot of TDs.

KYPack
08-25-2006, 11:24 AM
We really got nothing for Glenn.

It was published as a 4th, but then you boiled the trade down, it was zip.

Glenn was gone after his final game, in which he short-armed balls and broke off routes. Brett went to the sideline with that famous, "I ain't throwin' to him anymore" look on his face.

Like Shroeder, Glenn was history in GB.

red
08-25-2006, 11:25 AM
I think we only had him signed for a 1 year deal, not sure if we traded him away for anything.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=23977

2003: Acquired by Dallas in a trade on Feb. 28, 2003 from the Green Bay Packers, Glenn appeared in all 16 regular season games with 15 starts for the Cowboys. He also started Dallas' lone playoff contest. He finished the season with 52 catches for 754 yards and five touchdowns adding three rushes for 55 yards. In the post-season he added four catches for 38 yards

2002: In only season with Green Bay, Glenn became the Packers' starter at flanker following his March 11 trade from New England. He was acquired in exchange for Green Bay's fourth-round selection in the 2002 NFL Draft (Jarvis Green) and a conditional fourth-round choice in 2003 (later traded to Denver - Bryant McNeal).

and this page shows that we did get a 6th rounder for him that we then traded to san fran

http://www.packers.com/draft/2004/

To San Francisco on Draft Day 2004 (From Dallas for WR Terry Glenn)

KYPack
08-25-2006, 11:35 AM

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=23977

2003: Acquired by Dallas in a trade on Feb. 28, 2003 from the Green Bay Packers, Glenn appeared in all 16 regular season games with 15 starts for the Cowboys. He also started Dallas' lone playoff contest. He finished the season with 52 catches for 754 yards and five touchdowns adding three rushes for 55 yards. In the post-season he added four catches for 38 yards

2002: In only season with Green Bay, Glenn became the Packers' starter at flanker following his March 11 trade from New England. He was acquired in exchange for Green Bay's fourth-round selection in the 2002 NFL Draft (Jarvis Green) and a conditional fourth-round choice in 2003 (later traded to Denver - Bryant McNeal).

and this page shows that we did get a 6th rounder for him that we then traded to san fran

http://www.packers.com/draft/2004/

To San Francisco on Draft Day 2004 (From Dallas for WR Terry Glenn)

I think if ya check, we got nothing from SF for the pick, so it all boiled down to zilch.

A typical Mike (the wiley GM) Sherman draft day trade.

red
08-25-2006, 11:39 AM
it looks to me like we traded that 6th rounder and our 7th to mave up to take cory williams

here it says so on the side

"Packers Trade Up, Select DT Corey Williams
The Green Bay Packers traded the 188th overall pick (23rd pick; 6th round) and the 226th overall pick (25th pick; 7th round) to the San Francisco 49ers for the 179th overall pick (14th pick; 6th round). "

that #188 was the pick from dallas

so as it turns out we might have gottan a pretty good DT out of the terry glenn trade. so thats not all bad

woodbuck27
08-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Terry Glenn playing BIG in Dallas. Certainly at least their #2 WR. How serious is T.O.'s injury?

T.O. is going to drive FF players Mad. :mrgreen:

Terry Glenn in Green Bay.

"Geee... I ran into another wall". :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! FAITH FOR OUR FUTURE !!

Badgepack
08-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Terry Glen as I remember, made some amazing, acrobatic catches for the Packers, and missed the basic ones.

rbaloha1
08-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Sherman never properly used TG. I remember Terry Bradshaw who was always critical of Rossley stating the Packers needed to stop having TG run routes in traffic and send TG down the field.

I never bought Sherman's response for "giving away" TG and as we are all witnesing, Parcells knows how to use TG.

Boy, we could use TG instead of Fergie and Gardner.

FritzDontBlitz
08-25-2006, 05:05 PM
We really got nothing for Glenn.

It was published as a 4th, but then you boiled the trade down, it was zip.

Glenn was gone after his final game, in which he short-armed balls and broke off routes. Brett went to the sideline with that famous, "I ain't throwin' to him anymore" look on his face.

Like Shroeder, Glenn was history in GB.

terry gleen did ok in his short time in green bay. it was stupid to trade him for nothing. but then, we're talking about sherman the gm - which stands for "grossly moronic" if you look at his track record

red
08-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Terry Glenn playing BIG in Dallas. Certainly at least their #2 WR. How serious is T.O.'s injury?

well not serious enough to show up on an mri, but serious wnough to keep him out of all but 1 practice.

he's really going to be a crap shoot in FF, if he plays, he's a beast. but i'd say theres about a 50/50 chance that he's kicked off the team or benched, or suspended before the end of the year

Homer Jay
08-25-2006, 05:11 PM
I liked Terry Glenn, but, it seemed like every time he got hit he got dinged up. I'm not sure he wanted to be in Green Bay very much.

No Mo Moss
08-25-2006, 05:29 PM
I don't think Favre had any problem with Glenn Kentucky. I distinctly remember when Glen finally got into the endzone about wee 12 of that year Favre tackled him and screamed "That's why we brought your ass in here." They got along fine. There is no excuse for not giving him atleast another year to learn the offense. Not having him on the team costed us dearly ove rthe last two years IMO. Especially when walker did his dissapearing act in th eMN playoff game, but definately last season. Driver and Glenn last year and we win 7 - 9 games. Piss poor in my opinion. I just don't buy into the thinking that he can't hang on with the Packers as a #2 or #3 WR, but in Dallas he can be a #1 or #2 WR. Fucking stupid.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2006, 06:15 PM
I always assumed that Terry Glenn sealed his fate in Greenbay when he bailed out on a ball thrown over the middle - ala Robert Fergeson - post Donovan Darius.

retailguy
08-25-2006, 08:35 PM
I never understood Shermans sense of urgency to get him out of GB when Driver emerged. He had put up decent #'s, just not a lot of TDs.

Because Driver & Walker stepped up, and Sherman knew that Glenn's ego wouldn't handle being a #3, which is what he'd have been. And Fergy was still teasing us at the time, so the thinking was maybe Glenn would be a 4th...

His ego wouldn't have taken that. At all. He'd have been a constant locker room disruption.

mraynrand
08-25-2006, 08:56 PM
i think we gave up a 4th rounders in 2002 and 2003 and traded him for a 6th rounder in 2004

This is correct. Why didn't Glenn stay? Well, he got injured every time he got tackled. I swear to god, the medical staff was on the field after every catch.

Glenn was and is a terrific receiver, but he'd a nut case. Maybe Parcells has the magic touch with 'her'

And no one would be complaining about wasting a couple of #4 picks on Glenn had the Packers won it all in 2002. Sherman went for broke and had a great shot at the Superbowl until the absurd collection of injuries took their toll. 8-1 to 12-4 and losing to Atlanta - all because of losing Tauscher, Clifton, Green, Davenport, Glenn, Johnson, Reynolds, Favre, Diggs, Sharper, Driver (half way throught the ALT game). It was INSANE!

gbgary
08-25-2006, 09:10 PM
yes he gets hurt once in a while. i was really sorry to see him go too. he gives up the body to make a catch and you won't find ANYBODY with better hands. if he can reach it, he catches it. i don't think i've ever seen anyone that could dive and make a catch as well as he does.

Bretsky
08-25-2006, 10:43 PM

This is correct. Why didn't Glenn stay? Well, he got injured every time he got tackled. I swear to god, the medical staff was on the field after every catch.

Glenn was and is a terrific receiver, but he'd a nut case. Maybe Parcells has the magic touch with 'her'

And no one would be complaining about wasting a couple of #4 picks on Glenn had the Packers won it all in 2002. Sherman went for broke and had a great shot at the Superbowl until the absurd collection of injuries took their toll. 8-1 to 12-4 and losing to Atlanta - all because of losing Tauscher, Clifton, Green, Davenport, Glenn, Johnson, Reynolds, Favre, Diggs, Sharper, Driver (half way throught the ALT game). It was INSANE!

Good points. Truth be told, had Sherman won a SB he's still be our GM and Coach. All those injuries and 4th and 1 versus Phily did him in those two years.

retailguy
08-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Good points. Truth be told, had Sherman won a SB he's still be our GM and Coach. All those injuries and 4th and 1 versus Phily did him in those two years.

4th and 1 killed Mike Sherman. He hasn't been the same guy since then. That play will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Bretsky
08-25-2006, 10:55 PM

4th and 1 killed Mike Sherman. He hasn't been the same guy since then. That play will haunt him for the rest of his life.

I don't even discuss 4th and 26; that was a mute point to me after Sherman made the 4th and 1 call. That's what sticks out in my mind when critiquing Sherman. His defining moment. Let the strength of the team and that season win the game for you, or punt and rely on a defense that was inconsistent.

I can still visualize the Phily DT's bending over sucking for air after the third down run; when Sherman sent the punt team in I didn't know if I should swear or cry.

B

retailguy
08-25-2006, 10:58 PM
I can still visualize the Phily DT's bending over sucking for air after the third down run; when Sherman sent the punt team in I didn't know if I should swear or cry.

B

I will never forget the look on Ahman Green's face on the sideline during that punt. The look of disbelief summed up my feelings. He was utterly stunned, and so was I.

4th and 26 is irrelevant. Always has been, always will be.

Bretsky
08-25-2006, 11:10 PM

B

I will never forget the look on Ahman Green's face on the sideline during that punt. The look of disbelief summed up my feelings. He was utterly stunned, and so was I.

4th and 26 is irrelevant. Always has been, always will be.

WOW; I thoght you would have taken the pro Sherman stance and taken the stand that 4th and 1 was a non issue. In our spattings it seemed like you were always 100% Sherman.

retailguy
08-25-2006, 11:22 PM
WOW; I thoght you would have taken the pro Sherman stance and taken the stand that 4th and 1 was a non issue. In our spattings it seemed like you were always 100% Sherman.

Nah, I've always maintained that Sherman blew that call. Coaches make mistakes, and that was Shermans. The biggest mistake he'll ever make in his life.

I do respect Sherman. I always liked the fact that he understood how important the lines are.

He did have a problem taking risks. I guess that separates those that take chances and succeed and those that take chances and don't succeed.

Bretsky
08-25-2006, 11:24 PM
They fired Sherman a year too early as GM for one scenario; he'd have found a way to keep Mike Wahle

retailguy
08-25-2006, 11:29 PM
They fired Sherman a year too early as GM for one scenario; he'd have found a way to keep Mike Wahle

Yeah he would have. But here's surprise #2....

I think getting rid of Wahle was the right call. The line as a whole was getting too expensive and there was no hope for a Super Bowl. The window was closed and Thompson knew it.

Bretsky
08-25-2006, 11:38 PM

Yeah he would have. But here's surprise #2....

I think getting rid of Wahle was the right call. The line as a whole was getting too expensive and there was no hope for a Super Bowl. The window was closed and Thompson knew it.

THIS is where you and I could stay up all night and argue.

I don't agree that the window is or was closed. I have the Carolina Panthers mentality of building the expansion team.

You are the Jags; long term youngyans with upside and rebuild the ship.

I want to do a Refinance with Improvements

You tear the house down and build a new one.

Terry
08-26-2006, 04:46 AM
Exactly, rbaloha. I don't really blame Glenn for any short arming of throws or breaking off routes. Sherman was trying to get him killed. It was absolute idiocy letting a talent like that get away. He should have stayed and the coaches should have gone.

Agree absolutely about the 4th and 1. Nuts. Absolutely nuts. Worse than Holmgren blowing the SB game. Frankly, however, I think the writing was on the wall earlier, in the playoff game against the Rams.

Sherman didn't have it, that's all. All that blather about winning seasons in the once grand black & blue division that had gone so namby pamby... bah humbug. The postseason play for all those years says it all.

Bretsky
08-26-2006, 07:23 AM
Sherman badly errored by thinking Ferguson was going to pass by Glenn and Glenn might be #4; Glenn could have been one of three if you deliver the message the right way. The Big three...etc.

red
08-26-2006, 08:53 AM
WTF?

damnit i've opened the wrong door again and ended up back in the twilight zone