PDA

View Full Version : Too much of a good thing?

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights. (Two Monday night games.) All day Sunday. If you like college football too, well, there is no leaving the house.

We're over-saturated. It's true that viewing is not compulsory.
I think when TV was limited to the rabbit ears, people got about the right amount.

Joemailman
09-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Thursday is too much. I don't watch unless I have a keen interest in the game (Packers, or a game affecting the Packers). I could do without Monday Night. I like the Sunday Night games.

MJZiggy
09-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Yes. I have to work on Fridays. And Tuesdays. It's a little much.

denverYooper
09-19-2013, 09:13 PM
I still use rabbit ears.

We get the Monday/Thursday games on the radio here so I'll put those on sometimes.

Smidgeon
09-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Growing up, there was a lot of anticipation for football games. We'd catch the game after church if we could get our parents to hurry up, and we were allowed to stay up to watch Monday Night Football. MNF ended up being a very special occasion. These days, do to the proliferation of available football games, it's lost it's anticipation. I'm a fan for different reasons now. But I miss the anticipation.

CaptainKickass
09-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Thursdays are just fucking cheap and attests to the greedy motherfuckers known as owners who want so desperately to squeeze as much coin as humanly possible out of you with what is arguably the modern equivalent to the Roman Gladiators.

In my opinion: Thursdays have made Sunday nights feel like a chore and far lowered the fan value of Monday's, making it feel much less like a special featured game.

Jimx29
09-19-2013, 09:58 PM
it'll be a interesting battle when the NFL wants Saturdays for their games too

George Cumby
09-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Thursdays are just fucking cheap and attests to the greedy motherfuckers known as owners who want so desperately to squeeze as much coin as humanly possible out of you with what is arguably the modern equivalent to American Gladiators.

Fixed.

gbgary
09-22-2013, 09:03 AM
yup...hate thursday football...could live without monday night...but it's an institution now. sunday night fb should disappear too.

Smeefers
09-22-2013, 09:09 AM
I don't have cable, so I don't get the special games and I don't miss them. I wonder if the NFL's viewership has gone down on monday nights since it moved to cable.

red
09-22-2013, 09:18 AM
i don't even watch monday or thursday night, unless green bay is playing. i got other shit i like watching on those nights, and honestly, i'm all footballed out by sunday night

i think kickass is right, that thursday night game has cheapened everything else. sundays don't even fell special anymore

ThunderDan
09-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Thursday night games kill the anticipation for weekend football. You never have to wait more than 3 days to see a game.

pbmax
09-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Thursday night games kill the anticipation for weekend football. You never have to wait more than 3 days to see a game.

Thursday Night Football feels like a WAC, MAC or ACC game. Just a weird blip on the TV schedule that shouldn't be there usually involving teams you weren't going to watch anyway.

Harlan Huckleby
09-22-2013, 10:12 AM
After complaining bitterly about thursday night football, I watched the whole game. Sort of a two-fer.

I would get rid of Thursday night and Sunday night football if I were dictator.

Well, move the the Sunday Night Football show to Monday Night, and can the ESPN pro football franchise.

Watching two games in a single day is maximum before senses become dulled. That's why I prefer Monday to Sunday, but that could be negotiable.

mraynrand
09-22-2013, 11:37 AM
I would get rid of Thursday night and Sunday night football if I were dictator.

this doesn't surprise me at all. Consistent with a personality that favors fewer choices for everyone else.

I love what America used to be - in a free market, consumers would choose if it was 'too much' football by doing this crazy thing that dictatorial liberal fascist types hate: choosing of their own free will not to watch.