PDA

View Full Version : Lelie pays for freedom

red
08-25-2006, 11:06 AM
LOL, what a fool

lelie demanded that he be traded, for really no other reason then he didn't want to be denvers #3 WR

he got his trade, now the team is going after every bit of money he owes them. almost 1 million dollars

now his salary this year won't even come close to that amount, it barely covers it over two years, and his new team has already said they will not redo his contract. add to that the fact that lelie gave up a 100,000 dollar workout bonus this offseason and they guy will have lost about 1.1 million out of his pocket because of the way he acted. he will make 1.35 million over the next two years

so the guy is pretty much playing the next two years just to get out of debt with the broncos

what an idiot, i'm glad he's not here

i do get a kick out of one of there jerkoff hold out WR's finally getting bit in the ass hard for the crap they pulled

SkinBasket
08-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Oh you know an arbitrator will say he doesn't owe anything. That's the way this stuff always pans out.

KYPack
08-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Has anybody, anywhere, ever paid them "missing camp" fines. I know guys don't get their work-out bonuses if they blow that off, but everybody skips out on the other fines.

red
08-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Has anybody, anywhere, ever paid them "missing camp" fines. I know guys don't get their work-out bonuses if they blow that off, but everybody skips out on the other fines.

when the player returns to his team they usualy wave the fines, but in this case, since he's now with another team, its sounding like shannahan is going after everything he can get

dtown
08-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Normally I'd agree with this, but it seems kind of ironic that they benefitted from a similar Walker situation, yet they want to rake Lelie over the coals for this.

Further, I think Lelie's situation is a little different, in that he was at least a little more justified in seeking a trade/holding out once Walker was acquired.

Partial
08-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Normally I'd agree with this, but it seems kind of ironic that they benefitted from a similar Walker situation, yet they want to rake Lelie over the coals for this.

Further, I think Lelie's situation is a little different, in that he was at least a little more justified in seeking a trade/holding out once Walker was acquired.

Why? He was offered every opportunity to be the guy. The fact is he's simply not that good.

dtown
08-25-2006, 01:02 PM

Why? He was offered every opportunity to be the guy. The fact is he's simply not that good.

It seems like Denver lost interest in him some time ago, so the right thing to do is cut/trade him in that situation, IMO

Guiness
08-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Sorry dtown - not with you on this one.

Lelie had no good reason to boycott camp. He could've demanded the trade, but shown up for camp. That would've helped the Broncos - they would've got more for him, and better for himself - he wouldn't have $1million+ in fines.

I think the Broncos are justified in going after it - same as Miami did with R.Williams. I don't know why an arbitrator would reverse it. The only thing I can see him doing is limiting it to a %age of his salary - i.e. if he's making $750K this year, they can only fine him $375K or something.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2006, 06:17 PM
I support the Bronco's efforts here as well. There have to be consequences to holding out or else everyone will do it.

retailguy
08-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh you know an arbitrator will say he doesn't owe anything. That's the way this stuff always pans out.

I doubt it, they've been going the other way lately. Finally.

Partial
08-25-2006, 08:24 PM

It seems like Denver lost interest in him some time ago, so the right thing to do is cut/trade him in that situation, IMO

Good teams don't lose interest in good players. If his game backed up his talk they would have figured out a way to please him.

gbgary
08-25-2006, 09:21 PM
he's the number three wr on his new team too....at least for the time being.