PDA

View Full Version : Ross on the edge

Harlan Huckleby
09-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Can somebody explain that play where Ross is straddling the out-of-bounds line and fielding the kickoff? Was that a heads-up play to ensure that the kickoff is outta bounds, or a brain fart?

I sure don't like the looks of Ross, at any rate.

pbmax
09-22-2013, 04:20 PM
No, its heads up. Slocum has taught that trick to Cobb and another returner whose name I cannot recall.

Joemailman
09-22-2013, 04:22 PM
It was a heads-up play, but Ross is on the edge. They'll keep him because they don't want to use Cobb on KO returns. Nobody else has stepped up.

red
09-22-2013, 04:25 PM
very heads up play. i think cobb might have done this awhile back on the talking heads couldn't stop talking about how smart he was

if a returner can get some part of his body OOB when he grabs the kickoff, then its ruled as an OOB kick and the team gets it at the 40

he did cut it really close though

Cleft Crusty
09-22-2013, 04:28 PM
If you watch the tape carefully, the ball went out of bounds before Ross picked it up. It was a heady play, but either way it was going to be a penalty.

bobblehead
09-22-2013, 10:13 PM
If you watch the tape carefully, the ball went out of bounds before Ross picked it up. It was a heady play, but either way it was going to be a penalty.

To be a heady play shouldn't he have done that about 3 bounces earlier?

mraynrand
09-23-2013, 06:40 AM
To be a heady play shouldn't he have done that about 3 bounces earlier?

if he can do the splits and his legs are 8 feet long

Packers4Glory
09-23-2013, 07:51 AM
if we get some RB healthy I don't see why Franklin couldn't do it. What was wrong w/ Hyde?

pbmax
09-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Hyde showed OK hands, but he is a rookie back there too. Franklin looked like a fish flopping in the boat at the beginning of his preseason stint back there. If you want safe, send Tramontana back there and tell him to fall down if someone breathes on him.

Packers4Glory
09-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Hyde showed OK hands, but he is a rookie back there too. Franklin looked like a fish flopping in the boat at the beginning of his preseason stint back there. If you want safe, send Tramontana back there and tell him to fall down if someone breathes on him.

actually that's not a bad idea. I couldn't care too much less now if he got hurt. we have guys behind him that are as good if not better now and with more upside. He had a career yr the super bowl season. Now he's been a large disappointment.

Joemailman
09-23-2013, 04:09 PM
http://www.donatingoranges.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/2012_12_10_Falling_off_Cliff.jpg