PDA

View Full Version : The loss for some reason doesn't bother me

Tony Oday
09-23-2013, 08:55 AM
I mean I watched it, spotted them 14 points, defense gave it back to our offense a ton and AR couldn't convert. Franklin was great except for a fumble but dang I am loving it. I know we lost and that sucks but damn the Vikings lost to the BROWNS!!! I mean how can you be mad when they lose to a third string QB and trading their top offensive player away the week before the game.

I think this team is going to start rolling. I saw yesterday how the play action actually froze a LB!! That means that they actually thought we could run the ball. I think we go 12-1 the rest of the season.

pittstang5
09-23-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm still a little pissy about the loss. Any loss takes me at least a day, sometimes longer if it's a game they should have won and then blew it. Work's been slow and that was usually a good way to forget about losses - keep your self busy. But I don't have much to work on, so my mind wonders and goes right back to the loss.

The bye week, this early, is a double edged sword, at least for me. I'd really like to see how they respond from this loss and don't want to wait two weeks. The other side is that they got even more banged up, so the extra time off should bring everyone back, hopefully.

Pugger
09-23-2013, 09:59 AM
If we gotta lost a game like that I'd rather lose it to an AFC team in week 3. If we can get our walking wounded back in 2 weeks and we spank the loins we'll be in a much better place.

Upnorth
09-23-2013, 10:20 AM
This was a horrible horrible loss. Our d played to win, down 14-0 make four turn overs two deep in Bengal territory, give us seven points. This loss is on arod, oline and bad bad play calling. You could argue the d was weak in the end game but the o turned it over four times and could not sustain drives.
Bad offensive game.

swede
09-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Since I predicted this loss I am handling it okay, but dang they teased me. I thought they might win it even with Aaron Rodgers playing like Rex Grossman. This team is talented, but they have looked like they haven't learned the system. It isn't fair to the other players to send Jeremy Ross out there on kickoff returns. He was already way over quota for fumbles and bone-headed decisions.

denverYooper
09-23-2013, 11:44 AM
As long as they beat the Lions down in 2 weeks, it's all water under the bridge.

MadtownPacker
09-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Yeah it's a fucked up loss but Packers are 2TDs away from being 3-0 and really have not played their best much of the 3 games. I think on our preseason predictions I said this would be a loss. Bengals might be the AFCN champs so nothing to stress too hard over. They played like shit several ways and still had the hometeam on the ropes.

Brandon494
09-23-2013, 12:50 PM
If not for key injuries this team would be 3-0 IMO, we lost two close games on the road to two playoff teams. Yea it sucks but coming off this bye week we should be almost at full strength and could easily go on a 6-8 win streak with the teams we are facing.

Upnorth
09-23-2013, 01:02 PM
They had the game in hand up 16 and screwed the pooch. SF I was okay with but they never should have been able to get with in a td let alone beat us. Just hope MM doesn't screw up like this again.

Guiness
09-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Only thing I'm upset about is that I just found out the documentation guy who sits downstairs IS A BEARS FAN!!!!! Came in this morning saying "3-0, ya baby, this is the year" *smh*

red
09-23-2013, 01:32 PM
not happy with the loss, we scored 30 unanswered points and were up by 16 and we lost

thats pathetic.

that game should have been a complete blowout with all the turnovers our d gave us, but in the end we managed to play down to our opponents and it bit us in the ass

we are also 2 wins behind the fucking bears after just 3 games

Maxie the Taxi
09-23-2013, 03:15 PM
This loss was sickening. I'd rather lose big than at the last minute by a few points...as the result of TO! Good teams find ways to win not to lose. Really? 4th and 1/2 yd and the best you can come up with is the new kid diving over the line? Roll out. QB sneak. Any damn thing. Geez, if its a healthy Lacy in the backfield that's one thing. But Franklin? What is he 5'6" and 150 lbs. And you got a moron with clubbed hands returning KO's. ...As MM says, WE GOTTA BE SMART!!

Pugger
09-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Since I predicted this loss I am handling it okay, but dang they teased me. I thought they might win it even with Aaron Rodgers playing like Rex Grossman. This team is talented, but they have looked like they haven't learned the system. It isn't fair to the other players to send Jeremy Ross out there on kickoff returns. He was already way over quota for fumbles and bone-headed decisions.

:lol: I'll give Aaron a pass. He isn't a robot so he's bound to have a stinker now and then. I'm just glad this was in September and not December/January.

pbmax
09-23-2013, 05:43 PM
If not for key injuries this team would be 3-0 IMO, we lost two close games on the road to two playoff teams. Yea it sucks but coming off this bye week we should be almost at full strength and could easily go on a 6-8 win streak with the teams we are facing.

Yeah, but what are the odds that the injuries stop? Not good, if past performance is an indication of future results.

Got to win games you have a chance to win even when injured.

Smeefers
09-23-2013, 06:02 PM

Hey! Rex plays better than that. He's got a 71.4 lifetime QB rating.

red
09-23-2013, 06:07 PM

yeah, but a lot of other teams can say the exact same things about injuries

wist43
09-23-2013, 07:15 PM
We're a better team this year than we were last year - but we still have those same basic problems. A below average OL, and a very shaky defense.

Defense will always be a shaky proposition as long as Spraypaintedhair is our DC. We are as capable of coming out and giving up 700 yds as we are of playing a decent game. And despite 2 decent rushing games in a row - the 1st 100 yd rusher in 8,000 games... actually I think it went back to 2009 and Brandon Jackson - our OL is still a major issue.

When we lined up for that fateful 4th and 1 - I knew full well we stood next to no chance of converting. I couldn't have predicted the disaster that ensued, but not converting there was almost money in the bank.

And the schedule moving forward is still tough - we'll probably be underdogs @Baltimore, @Chicago, @Dallas, and even if the Giants are winless when we face them, I fully expect them to kick the shit out of us. We'll do well to split with Detroit, and we always have that 1 game every year where some skid row bum beats us down physically and leaves us with an L.

That's 5 or 6 games that we could very well lose - added to the 2 losses we already have, and that equals not making the playoffs.

I think we make the playoffs, but I can certainly see that senario where we don't. The division is Chicago's to lose.

Teamcheez1
09-23-2013, 07:32 PM
We're a better team this year than we were last year - but we still have those same basic problems. A below average OL, and a very shaky defense.

Defense will always be a shaky proposition as long as Spraypaintedhair is our DC. We are as capable of coming out and giving up 700 yds as we are of playing a decent game. And despite 2 decent rushing games in a row - the 1st 100 yd rusher in 8,000 games... actually I think it went back to 2009 and Brandon Jackson - our OL is still a major issue.

When we lined up for that fateful 4th and 1 - I knew full well we stood next to no chance of converting. I couldn't have predicted the disaster that ensued, but not converting there was almost money in the bank.

And the schedule moving forward is still tough - we'll probably be underdogs @Baltimore, @Chicago, @Dallas, and even if the Giants are winless when we face them, I fully expect them to kick the shit out of us. We'll do well to split with Detroit, and we always have that 1 game every year where some skid row bum beats us down physically and leaves us with an L.

That's 5 or 6 games that we could very well lose - added to the 2 losses we already have, and that equals not making the playoffs.

I think we make the playoffs, but I can certainly see that senario where we don't. The division is Chicago's to lose.

Are you posting in the right newsgroup? This is a Packers discussion. Maybe you meant to post in the Vikings or some other teams newsgroup and posted here by mistake. This team is better than last year's team. Hard to address your points when they are so outlandish.

pbmax
09-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Yep. We knew they couldn't convert on 4th down. 50% chance might as well be next to no chance. This is not hindsight talking, just cold hard football facts.

2013 FIRST DOWNS THIRD DOWNS FOURTH DOWNS PENALTIES
RK TEAM TOTAL RUSH PASS PEN MADE ATT PCT MADE ATT PCT TOTAL YDS
15th Detroit 68 18 45 5 12 37 32.4 1 3 33.3 27 260
Green Bay 78 26 46 6 12 33 36.4 1 3 33.3 13 139
New England 56 15 37 4 21 53 39.6 1 3 33.3 13 116
Houston 69 19 45 5 15 42 35.7 1 3 33.3 26 226

16th Green Bay 341 85 213 43 90 213 42.3 7 13 53.8 103 923

10th Dallas 327 91 219 17 78 198 39.4 5 10 50.0 114 816
Green Bay 353 89 230 34 91 189 48.1 4 8 50.0 76 591

MJZiggy
09-23-2013, 08:11 PM
It may not bother you, but it bothers the shit out of me. We came back to take a serious lead and we couldn't hold it. Pisses me off.

wist43
09-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Are you posting in the right newsgroup? This is a Packers discussion. Maybe you meant to post in the Vikings or some other teams newsgroup and posted here by mistake. This team is better than last year's team. Hard to address your points when they are so outlandish.

"Outlandish" points - you mean like "we're better this year"?? or that "the schedule is still tough"?? or that "we haven't had a 100 yd rusher since 2009"??

2 of those are my opinion, but I think pretty accurate - the 3rd one is a fact (I think I heard it on the radio that Jackson was our last RB to go over 100 yds in a game, and that was in 2009 - I think they said).

Pretty outlandish??

I remember saying in the offseason when the sched came out that we could very well lose the Cincy game - some people on here thought that was "outlandish" too ;)

Fritz
09-24-2013, 06:13 AM
That's very smart, predicting the Packers could lose a particular game, or that they probably will make the playoffs but easily could not, too, as you said in a previous post on the last page.

I think you've got most of your bases covered. Anything from making the playoffs to not making the playoffs, Wist's gonna be right.

Funny, this thread says a whole lot less about the Packers than it does about us.