PDA

View Full Version : The VERY Stinky Pinky

Fritz
09-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Okay, people, it's time for the Stinky Pinky Award once again. Yessirree Bob, the Packers intermittently stunk up the joint often enough and long enough to pull out a loss.

And as you know, the Stinky Pinky is designed to allow us, as fans, to ignore the complexities of the game of football (and of life), and simply blame a single entity for all our woes.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuWCLdYV6GONTPVAzg7IDdn0JjD5YRF XqVo4ZG8-uN_Q0udufH

So....here's the problem. I didn't watch the game.

But actually having knowledge doesn't matter much in sports fandom, so I am ready to offer some nominees based on my reading of other threads.

1. Aaron Rodgers. Why not? How often will we get to blame him?

2. Jonathon Franklin. Why not? Who cares if he rushed like Gale Sayers? He fumbled with the game on the line!!!

3. Mike McCarthy. Sounds like he called some bonehead plays.

4. The offensive pass blocking. Is Rodgers still alive?

5. The whole team. Sounds like they were crazy schizo.

Okay, I'm not going to choose. Really, I didn't watch the game. But maybe some discussion, then, once the thread is humming, if Red gets good and drunk I say we let him go off on the real culprit and make the choice.

So....who really deserves this week's Stinky Pinky? Who gets the dirty digit, the fecal finger?

jklowan
09-23-2013, 01:41 PM
I will go with MM, but Ross is a close second

jklowan
09-23-2013, 01:42 PM
and I think it should be a fecal fist this week not a stinky pinky

Zool
09-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Worst game I've seen Rodgers play in many years but I'm still giving it to the matadors. The !OLEi blocking is going to get Rodgers hurt before the season is over.

red
09-23-2013, 01:45 PM
fat mike

shitty play calling, and its his two good buddies that run the two weakest areas on the team

the o-line (horrible pass protection) and the special teams (ross)

denverYooper
09-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Worst game I've seen Rodgers play in many years but I'm still giving it to the matadors. The !OLEi blocking is going to get Rodgers hurt before the season is over.

He sure took a beating yesterday. Even with the running game clicking.

pbmax
09-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Ross is GONE!

I have to eat my words here. I thought he would be a difference maker on ST. But not for the opposing team.

mraynrand
09-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Ross is GONE!

I have to eat my words here. I thought he would be a difference maker on ST. But not for the opposing team.

Have the Vikings signed him yet?

Carolina_Packer
09-23-2013, 02:12 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20130923/PKR0101/130923027/Packers-release-Jeremy-Ross

If you do not excel at the one main thing that puts you on the field, then you are going to get cut.

pbmax
09-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Now there will be room for another RB. CedBen come on down!

Patler
09-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Ross is GONE!

They should have done it last week, and signed the RB from their practice squad, Cedric Benson or someone.

Pugger
09-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Rodgers deserves this dubious award. He played like crap. McC had a couple of brain farts but with so many offensive guys down our options were few and far between. On top of all this having Rodgers stink out the place was a recipe for disaster.

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2013, 02:33 PM
They should have done it last week, and signed the RB from their practice squad, Cedric Benson or someone.

He never looked like he wanted to return kicks. I don't know why the Packers gave him a third try after two bad outings at such a critical position.

Ya know, now that he's gone, I kinda miss him. {sniffle}

Carolina_Packer
09-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Pug, some of it was reads on A-Rods part, but you have to admit, he was under duress all day long.

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Now there will be room for another RB. CedBen come on down!

Ahh, after the bye they won't need another running back. Keep the practice squad guy on speed dial.

MadtownPacker
09-23-2013, 02:35 PM
I would say Rodgers since he was far from his standard but based on several factors I am going with M3 get the pink fist to the keister. The arguement between the two reeks of Rodgers unhappy with M3's playcalling and based on the game I can't disagree with him.

Cheesehead Craig
09-23-2013, 02:42 PM
I'd give it to Ross.

For those saying MM didn't call a good game, what in particular was it that was bad? Did he call too many deep routes, too many short routes, what was it about the gameplan that was so bad?

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Pug, some of it was reads on A-Rods part, but you have to admit, he was under duress all day long.

I can't bring myself to award Rodgers a stinky pinky. He's just too swell. And as you say, he had no time for downfield throws. That probably was Rodger's worst game ever.

I also revolt against blaming the coach for play calling, pretty much always. As Cliff Christl used to say ... oh, whatever, something about not having the info to second guess. So much goes into play selection.

Ross is an ex-Packer and therefore ineligible.

I think I'm going to vote present. It was a good effort by the whole team. At times, I was a little annoyed that their running back was getting good yardage on first down. But maybe that's because that little RB is a damn good player.

mraynrand
09-23-2013, 02:49 PM
That probably was Rodger's worst game ever.

nope
@tampa bay in 2008 was much worse

Smidgeon
09-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I was calling Ross from the very beginning. Ever since Buck and Aikman noted that the Packers had the lowest kick return average in the NFL (I think they said it during the first KR), I have most sincerely been on the "cut him" bandwagon.

Maxie the Taxi
09-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I'd give it to Ross.

For those saying MM didn't call a good game, what in particular was it that was bad? Did he call too many deep routes, too many short routes, what was it about the gameplan that was so bad?

I could only watch the last three minutes or so, but when you get a couple passes batted back in your face you'd think maybe you'd do something to counter it, like roll out and throw. When Rodgers had that last ball tipped by a lineman on 4th and 5 I almost threw up.

hoosier
09-23-2013, 03:38 PM
And then there is Rashad Johnson's disappearing finger. It may not be stinking yet, but give it a few days. From time to time you hear people talk about how they would give their right leg to play for the Packers. But how many of your digits would you really be willing to give up just to tackle Darren Sproles on a special teams play?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9712075/arizona-cardinals-safety-rashad-johnson-loses-part-finger-glove

pbmax
09-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Jeremy Ross kinda went the way of Brett Conway. Looked fantastic with a young players fits and starts and then went into the tank (Ross didn't seem to injure himself through practice though) after over- adjusting.

He never looked like the guy who had a 20 plus punt return average and several 30 yard KO returns. Can't wait for Wednesday.

pbmax
09-23-2013, 03:40 PM
And then there is Rashad Johnson's disappearing finger. It may not be stinking yet, but give it a few days. From time to time you hear people talk about how they would give their right leg to play for the Packers. But how many of your digits would you really be willing to give up just to tackle Darren Sproles on a special teams play?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9712075/arizona-cardinals-safety-rashad-johnson-loses-part-finger-glove

Ronnie Lott would have had the Doctor's cut off the rest of the tips so his fingers matched. RJ had it put back on. Players today aren't tough enough.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU3zGWXCEAAWxI3.jpg:large

mraynrand
09-23-2013, 04:00 PM

Can't wait to watch that game on DirecTV "shortcuts"

'tis but a flesh wound!

Joemailman
09-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Slocum!

mraynrand
09-23-2013, 04:10 PM
And then there is Rashad Johnson's disappearing finger. It may not be stinking yet, but give it a few days.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Vintage-1970s-GREEN-BAY-PACKERS-SHIRT-Gang-Green-1978-NFL-Football-SOFT-Medium-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16dHJF8E9nnC8Hc-BQWUGtg-K!~~60_35.JPG

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpeg/e2536a59143bb0aa553b6aa381e8e5f7c7928e22.jpg

hoosier
09-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Can't wait to watch that game on DirecTV "shortcuts"

'tis but a flesh wound!

Yeah, he sure showed Darren Sproles. Even gave him the finger while he was tackling him.

mr_blonde
09-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Jeremy Ross kinda went the way of Brett Conway. Looked fantastic with a young players fits and starts and then went into the tank (Ross didn't seem to injure himself through practice though) after over- adjusting.

He never looked like the guy who had a 20 plus punt return average and several 30 yard KO returns. Can't wait for Wednesday.

Hey Cliffy!

Speaking of Stinky Pinky, if you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

pbmax
09-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey Cliffy!

Speaking of Stinky Pinky, if you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

Since its not football, this must be your area of expertise?

swede
09-23-2013, 10:02 PM
I love that PB has a heckler. Stay after him Blondie! He's had it way too easy around here.

red
09-23-2013, 10:25 PM

ok, i get not knowing you cut yourself or got dinged up. shit happens on the football field and you might not notice it until later

but how the fuck do you not knoe psrt of your finger has been ripped off?

glove or no glove, i would think there would be some serious pain involved

Willard
09-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Rodgers. Didn't he say he dedicated an offseason to work on perfecting the pump fake? That would have come in handy during the last drive, dontcha think Mr. Stinky Pinky?

mraynrand
09-23-2013, 10:59 PM
if you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

you gotta show your math on this one

mraynrand
09-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Rodgers. Didn't he say he dedicated an offseason to work on perfecting the pump fake? That would have come in handy during the last drive, dontcha think Mr. Stinky Pinky?

why do people keep talking about Harlan with code words?

Patler
09-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Hey Cliffy!

An atomic bomb of what yield? They vary tremendously.

packer4life
09-24-2013, 12:08 AM

I wonder if anyone has noticed this, but Rodgers goes down very easily these days. He gets tripped up regularly, his elusiveness has decreased. At one point Johnson literally brought him down with a finger to the shoulder pad. He even looked Mark Sanchez-ish when he was butt sacked by his own lineman. What gives?

Noodle
09-24-2013, 01:35 AM
I wonder if anyone has noticed this, but Rodgers goes down very easily these days. He gets tripped up regularly, his elusiveness has decreased. At one point Johnson literally brought him down with a finger to the shoulder pad. He even looked Mark Sanchez-ish when he was butt sacked by his own lineman. What gives?

Yes, I thought the same thing. He did get butt-sacked, and it was sad. Rodgers was just off all day, just as he was on all day against the Pigskins.

Going in to the bye, I'm actually thankful that he had such a bad day. My amateur analysis is that Rodgers plays best and works hardest when people say he sucks. Well, he had moments of suck on Sunday, and I want him to stew in that criticism. Then come out and run the table on the rest of the season.

Fritz
09-24-2013, 06:09 AM
Given Noodle's analysis, I'm leaning toward giving it to Rodgers.

But on second thought, it would be much more entertaining, and probably more accurate, to have Red get all lacquered up and give us a classic Red Rant in which the winner of the Stinky Pinky is announced, though as someone pointed out earlier, and since it's Red, it'd be better to call this week's award the "Fecal Fist."

Bossman641
09-24-2013, 06:54 AM
I'll give it to Rodgers. Sure the OL played like shit, but Rodgers has to be a better leader (right Greg?) and take the blame for losses like this. The INT to Cobb was terrible, he was blanketed. Also, since I've repeatedly praised him for not putting his receivers in a position to get drilled, I have to ding him for leading both Finley and JJ into kill shots.

ThunderDan
09-24-2013, 07:58 AM
I still think Rodgers got concussed during the game.

hoosier
09-24-2013, 08:02 AM
ok, i get not knowing you cut yourself or got dinged up. shit happens on the football field and you might not notice it until later

but how the fuck do you not knoe psrt of your finger has been ripped off?

glove or no glove, i would think there would be some serious pain involved

Thank god for endorphins, eh?

SkinBasket
09-24-2013, 08:52 AM
I hate to say it, since he still had an average day for several starting QBs in the league and we've been so spoiled we consider that the worst thing we've ever seen, but Rodgers gets it. He's been under duress before, but hasn't lost his shit like he did Sunday. Also, Cobb needs to figure out how to get open if he's going to be considered the "primary weapon" of this offense. The entire offensive line is runner up. And Jarrett Bush.

denverYooper
09-24-2013, 08:55 AM
I'll give it to Rodgers. Sure the OL played like shit, but Rodgers has to be a better leader (right Greg?) and take the blame for losses like this. The INT to Cobb was terrible, he was blanketed. Also, since I've repeatedly praised him for not putting his receivers in a position to get drilled, I have to ding him for leading both Finley and JJ into kill shots.

Man, that was the worst throw I've seen him make in quite some time. Especially so near a score.

Pugger
09-24-2013, 09:30 AM
I hate to say it, since he still had an average day for several starting QBs in the league and we've been so spoiled we consider that the worst thing we've ever seen, but Rodgers gets it. He's been under duress before, but hasn't lost his shit like he did Sunday. Also, Cobb needs to figure out how to get open if he's going to be considered the "primary weapon" of this offense. The entire offensive line is runner up. And Jarrett Bush.

:lol: Bush was inactive and didn't play.

red
09-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Given Noodle's analysis, I'm leaning toward giving it to Rodgers.

But on second thought, it would be much more entertaining, and probably more accurate, to have Red get all lacquered up and give us a classic Red Rant in which the winner of the Stinky Pinky is announced, though as someone pointed out earlier, and since it's Red, it'd be better to call this week's award the "Fecal Fist."

i don't even need to be drunk to do that

jarrett fucking Bush, i don't care if he was inactive, he's still on the god damn team. he was still on the fucking sideline, tainting the rest of the team

Guiness
09-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Agreed that Rodgers played one of his worst games in recent memory, and it makes me wonder how scrambled his brains were after that hit he took early. Don't know if I'd go so far as to say he had a concussion, but I doubt the Packers were too anxious to have him looked at by a sideline doctor, and I think he definitely had some cobwebs for most of the rest of the game.

Those batted passes were awful. A pump fake might've worked wonders, but I wonder if the extra time would've put the DL on his lap?

red
09-24-2013, 04:34 PM
he was off it seemed before he took the hit though. and i know this time he didn't take the hit on the first drive

he already had 7 incompletes or so when he got hit about midway through the 2nd quarter. thats usually how many he has for entire games

for him and his standards it was a horrible game, but it was about average for most qb's

26-43, 244 yards , 1 td, 2 int's

that was a horrible game by a-rod. we're pretty lucky

Fritz
09-25-2013, 05:47 AM
i don't even need to be drunk to do that

jarrett fucking Bush, i don't care if he was inactive, he's still on the god damn team. he was still on the fucking sideline, tainting the rest of the team

Damn. Your blind anger inspires us all, Red. Makes me want to give the Stinky Pinky to Dan Devine, who fucked up this organization for over a decade even though he was only here for a few years.

mraynrand
09-25-2013, 09:56 AM
I still think Rodgers got concussed during the game.

perhaps even before the game started, too

mraynrand
09-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Damn. Your blind anger inspires us all, Red. Makes me want to give the Stinky Pinky to Dan Devine, who fucked up this organization for over a decade even though he was only here for a few years.

Patler will probably be angry with you for ignoring the contribution of Bryan Bartlett Starr.

Upnorth
09-25-2013, 10:03 AM
I would give it to MM first then Rodgers then the oline for pass blocking. I still cant get around being 1/2 a yards short and not sneaking with rodgers. dumb call, dumb dumb dumb call. Also a stupid call. I thnk you know where I am going with this.

Fritz
09-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Patler will probably be angry with you for ignoring the contribution of Bryan Bartlett Starr.

Actually, I edited my original post which read that Devine ruined the organization for the next two decades. But I changed it cuz I wanted Bart Starr to have his due.

Guiness
09-25-2013, 10:46 AM
I would give it to MM first then Rodgers then the oline for pass blocking. I still cant get around being 1/2 a yards short and not sneaking with rodgers. dumb call, dumb dumb dumb call. Also a stupid call. I thnk you know where I am going with this.

wow, don't know about this idea.

Ya, sneaks are great. Until it gets sniffed out and the QB gets labelled, concussed, and is out for 4 games. Then everyone wants to know why they ran the QB when there was an RB having a 100 yard day out there.

No way in hell do I want to see Rodgers in the middle of a pile-up like that!

Fritz
09-25-2013, 10:51 AM
That's the problem. It doesn't matter what play you call; if it doesn't work it was the wrong play and every other possible play call is deemed better.

People also talk about rolling Rodgers out. But if that hadn't worked, there would've been a barrage of "MM isn't manly enough to call a run; this team is soft" comments.

Freak Out
09-25-2013, 11:05 AM
That's why we are here folks.....to second guess all this shit.

Fire Slocum!

SkinBasket
09-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Fire Slocum!

Fuck that. Jarrett Bush is just making him look bad.

Tangentially, I bet all you Bush loving dicks really noticed the difference the absence of "one of the top gunners in the league" made eh? I mean other than not having a gunner 15 yards behind the returner or laying on his face out of bounds.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Bush loving dicks

http://watchcartoononline.com/thumbs/Beavis-and-Butt-Head-Season-3-Episode-30--Most-Wanted--1-1-.jpg

Fritz
09-25-2013, 03:52 PM
So who wins the Stinky Pinky??

red
09-25-2013, 06:09 PM
fat mike

SkinBasket
09-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Mark Roman

Pugger
09-26-2013, 10:49 AM
wow, don't know about this idea.

Ya, sneaks are great. Until it gets sniffed out and the QB gets labelled, concussed, and is out for 4 games. Then everyone wants to know why they ran the QB when there was an RB having a 100 yard day out there.

No way in hell do I want to see Rodgers in the middle of a pile-up like that!

Me neither. I just think we gotta give it to Cincy. They blew up that play in every way possible and we never recovered.

Pugger
09-26-2013, 10:51 AM
I still think we gotta give it to AR. :-( He had a crappy day. If he has even an okay game and not his usual monster game we win that one. Happily these kinds of games for him are as rare as hen's teeth.

Fritz
09-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Red has spoken. Drunkenly, slurredly, to be sure, but he has spoken.

Fat Mike wins for having his pinky firmly lodged in his rectum on the big 4th down call.

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Poor guy has to wear the pink badge of shame for an extra week. The Lions game can't come soon enough for the disgraced coach.

packer4life
09-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Poor guy has to wear the pink badge of shame for an extra week. The Lions game can't come soon enough for the disgraced coach.

The Lions are no longer a walk in the park. Their D Line is going to eat up EDS, esp since they are so strong in the middle. Bush/Johnson are explosive. I'm expecting another nail-biter, unfortunately.

mraynrand
09-26-2013, 11:30 PM
The Lions are no longer a walk in the park. Their D Line is going to eat up EDS, esp since they are so strong in the middle. Bush/Johnson are explosive. I'm expecting another nail-biter, unfortunately.

Bell is no slouch either.

And there is talk that the Browns might trade Gordon to the Loins. That would be a disaster for the Packers.

Freak Out
09-27-2013, 12:34 AM
If the Browns are going all fire sale we should go after that big old Badger they drafted a couple of years ago. :)

Pugger
09-27-2013, 07:04 AM
If the Browns are going all fire sale we should go after that big old Badger they drafted a couple of years ago. :)

Don't we still have a roster spot after we waived Ross?

mraynrand
09-27-2013, 10:57 AM

I dunno. That old badger Joe Thomas doesn't play much better than Bacteria at this point. But they want draft picks. Mebbe a third rounder and plug him in at RT?

Maxie the Taxi
09-27-2013, 10:59 AM
I dunno. That old badger Joe Thomas doesn't play much better than Bacteria at this point. But they want draft picks. Mebbe a third rounder and plug him in at RT?

I say trade Ted Thompson to the Browns for Thomas and make Ayn Rand the new Gen. Mgr. (We could throw in Slocum as a sweetener if the Browns balk).

denverYooper
09-27-2013, 11:33 AM

The sadness got him.

LP
09-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Their D Line is going to stomp EDS,

Fixed