PDA

View Full Version : Do we lead the league in drops?

Pugger
09-28-2013, 07:51 AM
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

King Friday
09-28-2013, 08:55 AM
We lead the league in getting hit in the helmet.

red
09-28-2013, 10:12 AM
when i first saw the thread title i thought to myself "nah, we can't, we've only had like 1 drop each game that i can remember"

nailed it

how do the rams have 15 drops after 3 games? my god, thats pathetic

Iron Mike
09-28-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm surprised #1 isn't Jermichael Finley by himself....

packer4life
09-28-2013, 12:46 PM
"Nah, we got that cleaned up" -MM

denverYooper
09-28-2013, 03:34 PM
The Fake ESPN ‏@TheFakeESPN 15m

Short on receivers, Jacksonville Jaguars add a Roomba to lineup since it also runs incoherent routes and sucks.

Pugger
09-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Denver being up there really surprised me.

Joemailman
09-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Dropped passes is an overrated stat. Most of the guys at the top of the dropped passes lists are guys you would want on your team. http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232 The top 10 right now includes Eric Decker, Anquan Boldin, Jamal Charles and Jimmy Graham. It does not include anyone from Jacksonville.

Denver being up there really surprised me.

It shouldn't surprise you. Manning is the most accurate passer in the NFL. More opportunities for dropped passes.

denverYooper
09-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Dropped passes is an overrated stat. Most of the guys at the top of the dropped passes lists are guys you would want on your team. http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232 The top 10 right now includes Eric Decker, Anquan Boldin, Jamal Charles and Jimmy Graham. It does not include anyone from Jacksonville.

It shouldn't surprise you. Manning is the most accurate passer in the NFL. More opportunities for dropped passes.

Although completion pct doesn't reflect it right now, Rodgers is probably more accurate at this point in their careers. Rodgers has faced 2 of the better pass defenses in the league in 3 games while Manning hasn't had to deal with that yet. Philly probably won't put up much resistance to the Broncos offense either, so he'll keep rolling for a while.

There is 1 thing Manning has all over Rodgers: he's got a quicker trigger and he has no problem taking 5 yard passes if that's all he sees in 2 seconds. I don't see Rodgers making that choice very often and when he does, it's often designed to be that way.

Pugger
09-29-2013, 12:06 AM
And I wish Rodgers would take the 5 yard pass more, especially if all we need is 3-4 to get the first. This and his tendency to hold onto the ball too long are the biggest flaws in his game.

KYPack
09-29-2013, 07:41 AM

Jacksonville should be listed as a "Dropped Franchise".

Maxie the Taxi
09-29-2013, 05:00 PM
And I wish Rodgers would take the 5 yard pass more, especially if all we need is 3-4 to get the first. This and his tendency to hold onto the ball too long are the biggest flaws in his game.

Agree 100%. The two go together. He holds it for the WR to get downfield and if they are covered he winds up holding it too long.

mraynrand
09-30-2013, 08:33 AM
It's the second year of teams mostly playing back - daring the Packers to run or take the short pass - everyone knows Rodgers has excellent accuracy both short and deep, so why risk it. This is generally true - the Bengals actually challenged Packer receivers, thinking that the current groups isn't as good beating press coverage. Need to make Rodgers hold the ball longer, because you know his protection isn't great. Regardless, the way defenses have schemed to beat the Packers is to prevent big plays. (that's one reason I think Stubby is stressing the hurry-up; it's a counter to the 'slow drip' bend-don't-break defenses). Lightening fast drives are like big hit plays in a lot of ways - plus the advantage of limiting defensive subs.

Fritz
09-30-2013, 12:54 PM
I am on the list of people that would like to see Rodgers take the five yard pass to the running back or tight end, especially if it's second or third and four.

Take what they give you so they have to cover tighter, then the longer stuff will open up. And if they don't cover tighter, keep taking the short stuff until you're in the end zone.