PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez done with the Jets

Guiness
09-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Sanchez decided to have season ending surgery, very likely ending his career with the Jets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/sanchez-decides-to-have-season-ending-surgery/

His 2013 salary was guaranteed, his 2014 is not, and he's due a $2m roster bonus next March. He'll be released shortly after the league year is done, if not before. The Jets might (and probably should) just give him his money and send him home, no point in letting him hang around the team facilities.

I wonder if his NFL career is done? I can't see anyone offering him even half of what he made the past 2 years (about 8 million per) and certainly no one is going to bring him in as a starter. Leinhart hung around despite that situation, does Sanchez?

red
09-30-2013, 04:35 PM
an overhyped USC QB that the new york media turned into a god

i laugh my ass off thinking about the QB mess that the jets have made for themselves, and geno smith is just as bad

that organization just as no clue at all when it comes to football

i doubt his career is done, he might go the route of david carr and matt leinert and hang around for a few more years as a journeyman backup. his career as a full time starter/franchise QB is way over though

we can finally pull out the draft bust stamp and make this one official

Freak Out
09-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Plus the guy needs a new hair stylist. WTF?

Guiness
09-30-2013, 05:50 PM
an overhyped USC QB that the new york media turned into a god

i laugh my ass off thinking about the QB mess that the jets have made for themselves, and geno smith is just as bad

that organization just as no clue at all when it comes to football

i doubt his career is done, he might go the route of david carr and matt leinert and hang around for a few more years as a journeyman backup. his career as a full time starter/franchise QB is way over though

we can finally pull out the draft bust stamp and make this one official

Will he stick around though? I'm not sold on how committed he is to the game. He's young and (very) rich. The Jets will release him, what will he be offered? Enough to lure him back or not?

Smeefers
09-30-2013, 06:31 PM
I think he comes back to the game as a vet back up. Hopefully for a decent team. I think the guy can play well enough to not loose a game, especially if he has talent around him. He's by no means a world beater, but there is talent there.

George Cumby
09-30-2013, 08:40 PM
I think he comes back to the game as a vet back up. Hopefully for a decent team. I think the guy can play well enough to not loose a game, especially if he has talent around him. He's by no means a world beater, but there is talent there.

Talk about a gravy train. Vet backup. He'll be all over that.

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2013, 11:46 PM
I just don't think those people are meant to be QBs. They are kickers. They have physical ability, be it swimming, or climbing.

MadtownPacker
10-01-2013, 10:23 AM
I just don't think those people are meant to be QBs. They are kickers. They have physical ability, be it swimming, or climbing.
Picking grapes too you puke?

I think sanchez is a fucking embarrassment. Romo is a real Mexican QB, tagging all those blonde Texas broads.

red
10-01-2013, 12:51 PM
he'll be standing out in front of a home depot by the end of the month