PDA

View Full Version : Official Lions @ Lambeau Week Discussion

pbmax
09-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Burnett and Lacy are back and did not appear limited according to Twitter.

Matthews, Starks, Hayward, Bush, Kuhn and Finley all were no go.

red
09-30-2013, 04:56 PM
lions d-line looks down right scary yesterday

our o-line better have their shit figured out or else this could be a-rods last game

pbmax
09-30-2013, 04:57 PM
http://gnb.scout.com/2/1331556.html#.UknuyIvg6CY.twitter

Packers promote PS RB to 53 man squad. Michael Hill from Missouri Western Technical College Beauty School of Mimes.

red
09-30-2013, 04:58 PM
we also activated an undrafted rookie RB from the practice squad

why didn't we do this before last weeks game?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/packers-promote-a-running-back-from-practice-squad/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET_Rz0ijlDU

red
09-30-2013, 04:59 PM
http://gnb.scout.com/2/1331556.html#.UknuyIvg6CY.twitter

Packers promote PS RB to 53 man squad. Michael Hill from Missouri Western Technical College Beauty School of Mimes.

FUCK YOU!

pbmax
09-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Presser:

- Health tests for injured players looked better today but no final results in yet (M3 had not talked to trainers before PC)

- Biggest takeway from 3 weeks self-scout is giveaways. Will be focus of the week.

- Cobb could be option as returner but others will be worked there

- Short PC. One viewer thought McCarthy was short with everyone. Have not seen video myself

Teamcheez1
09-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Starting to get concerned about Hayward's supposed hamstring injury. On Friday, he will have been out 6 full weeks. Not to mention CMIII with his annual hamstring injury.

I guess this is nothing compared to Sherrod who has now been out 652 days.

Freak Out
09-30-2013, 05:41 PM
What division is the School of Mimes in? Looked like he was playing against a High School JV squad.

Smeefers
09-30-2013, 06:25 PM
So they had a question for the listeners on the FAN, the local Green Bay sports radio station. That question was; How would you game plan to beat the Lions? I put it to you rats. What would you do?

Me, I'd use the screen to put the brakes on that front 4 pinning their ears back. I'd like to see a balanced attack, 60/40 pass/run ratio. I would do very little running up the gut against Suh and Fairly. They're corners suck, so I wouldn't mind seeing 3 or 4 wides with a single back to spread em out.

I'd stick shields on Megatron and I'd have the corners play man to man all day long. I'd also like to see us blitz a shit load, knocking Stafford off his game makes his passes fly all over the place. House has been doing well rushing the passer and shutting down tight ends, I don't want to see his role change. Need to see something out of Perry this game too.

Guiness
09-30-2013, 07:07 PM
So they had a question for the listeners on the FAN, the local Green Bay sports radio station. That question was; How would you game plan to beat the Lions? I put it to you rats. What would you do?

Me, I'd use the screen to put the brakes on that front 4 pinning their ears back. I'd like to see a balanced attack, 60/40 pass/run ratio. I would do very little running up the gut against Suh and Fairly. They're corners suck, so I wouldn't mind seeing 3 or 4 wides with a single back to spread em out.

I'd stick shields on Megatron and I'd have the corners play man to man all day long. I'd also like to see us blitz a shit load, knocking Stafford off his game makes his passes fly all over the place. House has been doing well rushing the passer and shutting down tight ends, I don't want to see his role change. Need to see something out of Perry this game too.

Rushing and unnerving the passer is always good - but not something we can likely do if Mathews is out. He's done well not practicing through the week and showing up for the games on Sunday in the past, let's hope he dresses this week-end and that continues. If Stafford can get the ball to Johnson and Bush it's going to be a long day.

I'm not sure what the Pack should do on the offensive side of the ball. I agree, I can't see running up the middle being very successful. Not sure about off-tackle runs, how good their DEs and outside LBs are. Tulloch is solid in the middle. I'd like to see more screens as well, but it's not something we've seen a lot of from this team, don't see any reason for it to show up now. I think the game plan is going to be what we've come to expect - 6 man fronts be damned, they're throwing it 40-50 times.

Bretsky
09-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Did I miss something, or is GB hiding the results of Starks MRI ? Did they say anything positive or negative about it ??

pbmax
09-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Did I miss something, or is GB hiding the results of Starks MRI ? Did they say anything positive or negative about it ??

They don't need to release any info until Wednesday. The team generally says nothing unless the player says something.

Bretsky
09-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Dam that'; my waiver wire was last Thursday in the NY league and I wanted to know is I should take a flyer on Franklyn so I have him when Eddie Lacy gets injured next

swede
09-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Presser:

- Health tests for injured players looked better today but no final results in yet (M3 had not talked to trainers before PC)

- Biggest takeway from 3 weeks self-scout is giveaways. Will be focus of the week.

- Cobb could be option as returner but others will be worked there

- Short PC. One viewer thought McCarthy was short with everyone. Have not seen video myself

Please let this be a white noise and misdirection answer in terms of self-scouting results. What about missing open receivers on underneath routes and failing to pick up defensive line stunts? Anyway, the proper concerns coming out of self-scouting efforts should represent esoteric issues we could barely understand. The only answer less obviously evasive would be "we're not scoring more points than the other guys."

Tony Oday
09-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Must win game.

pbmax
09-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Please let this be a white noise and misdirection answer in terms of self-scouting results. What about missing open receivers on underneath routes and failing to pick up defensive line stunts? Anyway, the proper concerns coming out of self-scouting efforts should represent esoteric issues we could barely understand. The only answer less obviously evasive would be "we're not scoring more points than the other guys."

Could possibly semi out of context. Pulled that from Twitter. It was the only item mentioned from self scout question.

swede
09-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Could possibly semi out of context. Pulled that from Twitter. It was the only item mentioned from self scout question.

Well, I think this is a "feed a little bs to the press, keep 'em happy" kind of answer that at least responds to a question about self scouting, and that's okay. No doubt the ball carriers really will go through ball security drills as a punishment.

I'm just scaring myself with the thought that MM spent a week self-scouting and that was the only thing he could find to improve on. (shudder)

I predicted a big run for the team starting this week. I need MM pissed and in problem-solving mode. I'm sure he's not stupid enough to talk about the actual list of problems raised by the self-scouting process. The real list has been feeding into a Cray XC30 for the past five days. It's the first step in getting that fixed!

Fritz
10-01-2013, 07:14 AM
Must win game.

I'm usually leery of calling the fourth game of the season a "must win," but in this case, this game comes as close as an early-season game can to meeting that definition of "must win."

Right now I don't know what to make of this Packer team. The offensive line, particularly the center position, is the weak link of the team. They run block better than past o-lines, but they pass block like a wet puzzy.

The return game is a shambles, and while it's convenient to blame Ross, Cobb hasn't done any better. Ross got cut more for the fumble, I think, than not seeing the lanes. Hell, he was rather good for a period of time early last year.

The defensive line looks much better, so you'd think the whole D would be better. But it's been inconsistent. And if Matthews is out, well, that defense becomes nothing but vanilla pudding. Perry has been just okay, Neal still feeling his way. Tramon Williams seems off and on, as does Shields.

I just don't know what to make of this team right now. I have no sense of how MM feels, either. I can't tell whether he thinks he's got the pieces and is mad that it's not come together yet, or if the whole ship could fall apart and start to sink.

Starks - if he's not back for the game after the Lions' game, I think the team just needs to part ways. Okay, he's had a bye week, looks iffy about the Lions' game. That's three weeks off and if he can't be back for that, then what's the point with this guy any more?

I just have no sense of this team's identity at all.

Pugger
10-01-2013, 07:19 AM
What division is the School of Mimes in? Looked like he was playing against a High School JV squad.

Someone on another forum said he played in D-II in college.

Pugger
10-01-2013, 07:20 AM
Starting to get concerned about Hayward's supposed hamstring injury. On Friday, he will have been out 6 full weeks. Not to mention CMIII with his annual hamstring injury.

Didn't Clay play in the past with a sore hammy even if he didn't practice?

denverYooper
10-01-2013, 08:51 AM

He should just throw a Clay Matthews fathead on it. That'll fix it right up!

But yes, he has played in critical games (like the playoffs) with the hammy.

mraynrand
10-01-2013, 09:04 AM

I think so. But the guy was asking for trouble, making a Chunky Soup commercial. Shoulda known better.

run pMc
10-01-2013, 10:42 AM
How to beat the Lions:

- Stop Reggie Bush. The Lions' O isn't the same without him, and Stafford clearly loves having someone besides Megatron to give the ball to.

- Pressure Stafford. He's a good QB, but still makes some iffy throws, and pressure will force those.

- Don't turn the ball over. Duh.

- Use the run game to control time of possession and keep Stafford off the field. Hopefully there's good news with the health of the RB's and they can do some damage. It will help keep rodgers healthy, make the play-action passing game dangerous, keep our D fresh (can't pull a hammy if you ain't on the field) and wear their D out.

- Wait for the Lions to self-destruct. They should've killed the Vikings in game 1 but committed a couple of incredibly stupid penalties, botched a gimme field goal, turned the ball over, and generally played sloppy/undisciplined.

- Get a fast start. They'll be at Lambeau, where the Lions have had horrible luck. (Knock on wood not to jinx.)

pbmax
10-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Nowhere else to put this so here it is:

Wilde on his Green and Gold radio show just flat out called Cledtius Hunt a "turd". He was searching for a person to compare his dislike for Schiano in Tampa Bay. Pretty rare for a beat guy to do that, though Hunt is obviously long gone. Besides the general feeling that Hunt was a talented, lazy turd during his Packer tenure, is there a backstory anyone is familiar with between these two?

pbmax
10-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 23m
Clay Matthews, Casey Hayward, James Starks and Greg Van Roten out of brief part of Wednesday's practice we were allowed to see. MM later.

Injury update coming at 1:00 PM press conference.

Franklin was practicing.

mraynrand
10-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Wilde on his Green and Gold radio show just flat out called Cledtius Hunt a "turd".

Wildguy has Ol' Cleedeeus confusin' wit Nooge Davenparts

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/OleCleedeeus.jpg

mraynrand
10-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Franklin was practicing.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0526/mag_secret_harris04jr_400.jpg

pbmax
10-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 30m
New from JS: Packers Wednesday practice report: Matthews, Starks, Hayward out; Finley, Bush, Kuhn back http://bit.ly/18PexDw

Upnorth
10-02-2013, 12:58 PM
So is Mathews still just preventative like he said after the game, or is it more serious? He has had ten days to recover...

Guiness
10-02-2013, 01:26 PM
So is Mathews still just preventative like he said after the game, or is it more serious? He has had ten days to recover...

I don't think there has been any information released about this, so it's all a guess. When does the team have to release the information that assigns the probable/questionable/out status?

Not looking good for Hayward. Not practicing means there's not a very good chance of his playing this week-end. He was eligible for the PUP, was he not? Looks like he should've landed on it, week 6 is going to be his earliest return anyways.

pittstang5
10-02-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't think there has been any information released about this, so it's all a guess. When does the team have to release the information that assigns the probable/questionable/out status?

Not looking good for Hayward. Not practicing means there's not a very good chance of his playing this week-end. He was eligible for the PUP, was he not? Looks like he should've landed on it, week 6 is going to be his earliest return anyways.

Dissapointed/irritated that Hayward is still out. Again, we should learn when McCarthy says a 4 weeks/1 month to just double it. At this rate, I'll be happy Hayward comes back at all.

Matthews annual hamstring injury came at an awful time, if he is not able to play Sunday. The Packers are one step above the basement in the division, they're playing a division rival and need this win not only to stay afloat, but for morale. If we were 3-0 or even 2-1, I'd be concerned, but not as desperate for a win. No Matthews = no pass rush = no win.

pbmax
10-02-2013, 02:00 PM

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 28m
Burnett, Bush, Finley, Franklin full; Hayward OUT; Kuhn, Lacy full, Matthews limited, Starks and Van Roten (foot) OUT.

Looks like Matthews has a chance to play. GVR being OUT with a foot is new I believe.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 29m
Van Roten foot sprain at Monday's practice; will be out a few weeks ago.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 29m
Starks will be out a "couple weeks"

pbmax
10-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Dissapointed/irritated that Hayward is still out. Again, we should learn when McCarthy says a 4 weeks/1 month to just double it. At this rate, I'll be happy Hayward comes back at all.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 31m
McCarthy on Hayward: "Everybody's different. ...He's not going to be ready this week. Test players every day. Know more next Mon/Tues."

pbmax
10-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Smart Football ‏@smartfootball 24m
Lions did good job attacking Bears w/ "packaged plays" last wk: here's inside zone, bubble, slant & TE pop in one: pic.twitter.com/13j3vzITnb

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVl8qUfIIAAljHf.jpg:large

mmmdk
10-02-2013, 07:08 PM

...ah, these are the 'roids we were looking for!

It'll be more difficult than most will admit, to catch the 22nd regular season home win in a row versus Lions.

Joemailman
10-03-2013, 08:19 AM

I believe he was not eligible for PUP. He was on it originally, but was activated for the 3rd preseason game. He reinjured the hamstring in the game. Once you come off PUP and play, I don't think you're eligible to go back on.

Maxie the Taxi
10-03-2013, 08:50 AM

Stubby and staff have had two weeks to prepare for the Lions, so expect all aspects of the Packers' game plan to be extremely over-thought. You know, like the Lions expect us to pass so let's lineup every down in the pistol (with Starks in the backfield on crutches) and then actually have Starks actually run off of the pistol because the Lions are really, really selling out on the pass and wouldn't be actually fooled by Rodgers actually passing off the pistol formation.

On defense Capers will put all 11 men in the box and then at the last second drop 10 of them back into coverage ...or vice versa. The goal is to confuse Stafford who's from Georgia and is easily confused anyway. Plus, Capers will have installed a completely new system of communication to make the Packer subs (and AJ Hawk) playing in the secondary less confused. This will consist of Capers's assistant coach holding up huge signs in the booth he sits in that say: "Man-to-man" or "Zone" depending on whether or not Stafford is in the shotgun or on the line of scrimmage. A third sign will say: "AJ, Don't even think about covering Megatron yourself, one-on-one. That's a mismatch." That sign will be permanently scotch-taped to the booth window.

Special Teams is our ace in the hole. Slocum himself will return punts and kickoffs because he believes in the old motto: "If you can't teach, do."

I'm expecting a huge blowout.

Pugger
10-03-2013, 08:58 AM
I suspect Hayward's injury is more serious than they are letting on.

denverYooper
10-03-2013, 09:13 AM
The Packers are going to roll on Sunday. I'm feeling a statement game.

Pugger
10-03-2013, 09:16 AM
The Packers are going to roll on Sunday. I'm feeling a statement game.

To hell with rolling. I don't care if we win by one stinkin' point as long as we win the damn game Sunday.

ThunderDan
10-03-2013, 09:21 AM
To hell with rolling. I don't care if we win by one stinkin' point as long as we win the damn game Sunday.

I'll be at the game so the Pack is going to win! Take that one to the bank.

This has the feeling of the DET-Pack game from 2010 where the Pack won 28-26. DET was driving the whole 2nd half but Woodson picked one off for a TD and we stopped their O and forced 4 FGs.

denverYooper
10-03-2013, 09:37 AM
42-23, GB.

Joemailman
10-03-2013, 09:50 AM
I'll be at the game so the Pack is going to win! Take that one to the bank.

This has the feeling of the DET-Pack game from 2010 where the Pack won 28-26. DET was driving the whole 2nd half but Woodson picked one off for a TD and we stopped their O and forced 4 FGs.

I was at that game too. Shaun Hill was at QB for Detroit, and the Lions controlled the ball with the short passing game. The Packers hardly had the ball as the Lions had twice as many offensive plays as the Packers. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201010030gnb.htm

I don't think we'll see that Sunday though. Stafford is a different kind Of QB.

hoosier
10-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Bush will not have as easy a time running on grass at Lambeau. And with Burleson out, if Shields/Williams can keep CJ from going nuts the Packers should be able to cruise to a victory.

Maxie the Taxi
10-03-2013, 10:08 AM
I think Andy Mulumba is going to have a break out game Sunday.

pbmax
10-03-2013, 10:13 AM
I suspect Hayward's injury is more serious than they are letting on.

I think GVR's injury is more serious at this point (several weeks). McCarthy said they could have new info as early as next week on Hayward. Of course, I am assuming he meant good info, while its entirely possible given the vague parameters that they could decide to IR Hayward next week.

pbmax
10-03-2013, 10:16 AM
BTW, that picture I put up of the packaged play is a formation, personnel and play call that can be run over and over again and has a total of four possible options.

Inside zone run, WR screen, TE in middle, post route by split end.

However, it raised one question about the Lions; why are they playing with only 10 guys? Smart Football thinks that is the TE, but I think that could be the RT he has running a route because I see only four other O line. S0 where is the TE or other RB if true?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVl8qUfIIAAljHf.jpg

Freak Out
10-03-2013, 10:23 AM
I take it the one deep safety D got creamed on that play?

Guiness
10-03-2013, 12:56 PM
BTW, that picture I put up of the packaged play is a formation, personnel and play call that can be run over and over again and has a total of four possible options.

Inside zone run, WR screen, TE in middle, post route by split end.

However, it raised one question about the Lions; why are they playing with only 10 guys? Smart Football thinks that is the TE, but I think that could be the RT he has running a route because I see only four other O line. S0 where is the TE or other RB if true?

I would've guessed there's another back just off the LHS of the screen, but both Bell and Bush are on the screen, and Detroit doesn't even have a FB on their roster. So it does seem like there are only 10 Lions??? Seems like there must be another guy on the line.

I don't see the bubble, unless its going to Bush instead of him following the arrow they drew having him going outside.

QBME
10-03-2013, 01:02 PM
I think GVR's injury is more serious at this point (several weeks). McCarthy said they could have new info as early as next week on Hayward. Of course, I am assuming he meant good info, while its entirely possible given the vague parameters that they could decide to IR Hayward next week.

According to ESPN Hayward participated in practice today, but didn't say to what extent.

pbmax
10-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Yes, Hayward practiced as did Matthews.

Reports varied on Matthews from limited to full. Consensus on Hayward was limited participant, but first practice since camp. But he could still be rehabbing with trainers. Still, a step forward.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/226325171.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Only two left out of practice were Starks and GVR.

EDIT: Hayward was in pads.

pbmax
10-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m
#Packers: Burnett Full, Bush Full, Finley Full, Franklin Full, Hayward OUT, Kuhn Full, Matthews full participant. Both Starks/GVR out

So Hayward did not do much individual work and no team it would seem. Just rehabbing if this report is to be believed.

EDIT: Or

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5m
MM: Casey Hayward worked some of the individual drills. (Absolutely) a good sign. He's making progress

denverYooper
10-03-2013, 02:13 PM
I wonder if he chuckled while writing "Bush Full"

pbmax
10-03-2013, 11:09 PM
A fuller explanation of Rodgers and the Packers 4th Quarter difficulties:

http://nfl.si.com/2013/10/03/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers/

mraynrand
10-04-2013, 12:05 AM

That's a boat-load of context!

Fritz
10-04-2013, 09:00 AM
A boatload of context? Hey, this isn't the thread about the Vikings' stripper-gate.

George Cumby
10-04-2013, 11:15 AM

So, using facts, figures, logic and reasoning, these guys just proved Wist's point.

I don't know how to feel about this.

Upnorth
10-04-2013, 11:32 AM
So, using facts, figures, logic and reasoning, these guys just proved Wist's point.

Feel bad, very bad.

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned containing Johnson being the key. Wr have been decent at that historically but Unfortunately with Bush we have to contain two threats. Our d has shown an inability to do this so far so I say we win 40 to 39.

pbmax
10-04-2013, 12:36 PM

Don't get caught up in the bad news. These were all things we knew. To me the question on D this year is: will the influx of talent is enough to overcome what appears at times to be either coach induced or youth induced mental errors? While pass rush is still an issue, the rest of the D looks like it can step up. Burnett and Hayward will help. It would be a slam dunk of Perry or Neal would decide to pass rush like maniacs.

On offense, remember the lesson of Matt Flynn. He has never been able to make the transition to another offense with less talent (Seattle for all its talent can't match playmakers with the Packers-they also aren't facing the Lions secondary every week). So McCarthy's offense plus the talent on hand produce results superior to the individuals. McCarthy is in his early season feeling out the offense mode, where he is transitioning from his preseason plan to the actual talent/result on the field. Lacy and Franklin will help everything else here.

pbmax
10-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't know how McCarthy's ticker can stand his willingness to take a risk.

Franklin, who looked like a new kickoff returner in preseason (complete with some trouble tracking the ball and tucking it away) will be the kickoff returner. Hyde is punt returner. Cobb gets the sure hands duty for both.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 25m
MM will go "situational" with returns. Hyde on punts, Franklin on kickoffs, Cobb in others.

denverYooper
10-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Don't get caught up in the bad news. These were all things we knew. To me the question on D this year is: will the influx of talent is enough to overcome what appears at times to be either coach induced or youth induced mental errors? While pass rush is still an issue, the rest of the D looks like it can step up. Burnett and Hayward will help. It would be a slam dunk of Perry or Neal would decide to pass rush like maniacs.

On offense, remember the lesson of Matt Flynn. He has never been able to make the transition to another offense with less talent (Seattle for all its talent can't match playmakers with the Packers-they also aren't facing the Lions secondary every week). So McCarthy's offense plus the talent on hand produce results superior to the individuals. McCarthy is in his early season feeling out the offense mode, where he is transitioning from his preseason plan to the actual talent/result on the field. Lacy and Franklin will help everything else here.

It's looking like the OL as currently constituted + the two new RBs will dictate more running this year and maybe even a return of the screen game.

Maxie the Taxi
10-04-2013, 01:21 PM
It seems to me Detroit's strength is up the middle, on both offense and defense. So our DL has to get a real push up the middle and get hands up in Stafford's face and throwing lanes. Jolly may make a real difference if he has a good game. D. Jones too. Stafford is at his best when he's got space in front of him. We need to get him moving under pressure toward the sidelines somehow. Play man in the secondary. Stafford doesn't like to eat the ball. He'll force it.

On offense, I'd run the ball at the rookie DE. Allow Lacy to wear the kid out. I'd roll Rodgers out his way too. And throw dinks and dunks and WR screens to his side. Get Fairly and Suh chasing plays laterally. If Stubby can adopt the West Coast style of Holmgren and be patient, taking what the defense will give him, this is the Sunday to do it. Eventually, a WR will work free. Detroit will probably play Tampa 2. If Rodgers simply drops back into the pocket looking for the quick strike, he'll get killed.

Cheesehead Craig
10-04-2013, 02:10 PM
The Rodgers roll-out would be nice to see again. I think it's a bit of an underutilized play. Keep the misdirection going and Lions' DL guessing.

Freak Out
10-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Saw some Packers fans in the airport this evening. Dudes were true Packer freaks. All they could talk about was the media jinxing the Pack because of non-stop talk of the home field streak against the lions.

Guiness
10-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Saw some Packers fans in the airport this evening. Dudes were true Packer freaks. All they could talk about was the media jinxing the Pack because of non-stop talk of the home field streak against the lions.

You had to bring that up, eh?

I'll never forget Vick coming to town with the Falcons...the media could NOT shut up about the fact that the Packers had never lost a home game in the playoffs at Lambeau.

Iron Mike
10-05-2013, 08:23 AM

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1376623_10151873691549014_1670866275_n.jpg

I like a big Bush....

bobblehead
10-05-2013, 09:23 AM

NO clue, but I think Red threw up in his mouth a little.

bobblehead
10-05-2013, 09:27 AM
I don't know how McCarthy's ticker can stand his willingness to take a risk.

Franklin, who looked like a new kickoff returner in preseason (complete with some trouble tracking the ball and tucking it away) will be the kickoff returner. Hyde is punt returner. Cobb gets the sure hands duty for both.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 25m
MM will go "situational" with returns. Hyde on punts, Franklin on kickoffs, Cobb in others.

Cobb hasn't exactly been sure handed in his time in GB. I say bring back Desmond Howard.

Pugger
10-05-2013, 09:39 AM
How good are the loins at stopping the run? Can they keep Lacy in check?

pbmax
10-05-2013, 10:19 AM
How good are the loins at stopping the run? Can they keep Lacy in check?

Football Outsiders has them 23rd in the League versus the run, 10th versus the pass.

Joemailman
10-05-2013, 11:23 AM
They haven't been consistently bad against the run, but they have been burned for some big plays. In 3 of their 4 games, they given up a run of 30 yards or more, including a 53 yarder against Forte and a 78 yarder against Peterson. As for the #10 passing rating, it's worth pointing out that the QB's they've faced are 32nd, 26th, 19th and 17th in passer rating.

sooner6600
10-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Can the Pack cover 7?

denverYooper
10-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 3m

GB is at home, coming off a bye and needs this game more than DET. If GB doesn't win today, this could be a long year for Packers fans.

denverYooper
10-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Can the Pack cover 7?

I can't believe the spread is 7.5.

I mean, I can, because it is.

But it's still surprising.

Pugger
10-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 3m

GB is at home, coming off a bye and needs this game more than DET. If GB doesn't win today, this could be a long year for Packers fans.

Understatement of the millennium.